Analysis of Online Risk

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Analysis of Online Risk

Postby darth emperor on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:30 am

Just found this page that compares the BEST 10 risk pages (ours is first) with 7.3/10


http://www.playriskonline.net/


What is surprising is that this are the best ones not all of them...but if the 10th is 1.1... how will be the others?


What's your opinion?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Master Fenrir on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am

I migrated here from SGN, and their review made me laugh.

There are about 70 maps in total. Some are interesting and have decent graphics, but most are real turds.

Ha, so true. And the entire time I was there, I think I saw 3 people who grasped the concept of escalating games.
Image
User avatar
General Master Fenrir
 
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 am
Medals: 110
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (11)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

Luckily we play Online World Domination...;)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25591
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby BMW 94 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am

That website is actually how I found out about Conquer Club. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Sergeant BMW 94
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

It is kind of funny how he scores things. For example, there is a fairly low score for vitality. I'm not sure I agree considering the sheer number of different maps and game types one can play on this site (not to mention the forums).
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby VampireM on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:27 am

i think this is great.. what i really like is how we are starting to improve on the points that brought CC down (mainly assigning the web developer).. to me the ratings are a non-bias third parties view.. might be wise of us to look at what was said bad about us and try to improve.. mainly it might be a good idea to add some texts to the maps so people can read up on them a little more allowing it easier for new players to get to know a map..
Image
User avatar
Colonel VampireM
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 pm
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am

VampireM wrote:i think this is great.. what i really like is how we are starting to improve on the points that brought CC down (mainly assigning the web developer).. to me the ratings are a non-bias third parties view.. might be wise of us to look at what was said bad about us and try to improve.. mainly it might be a good idea to add some texts to the maps so people can read up on them a little more allowing it easier for new players to get to know a map..

Have you explored the Foundry? And looked into the 'Map Info Project'? viewtopic.php?f=127&t=74233

We hope to add to the pop-up map, when you click on a thumbnail, some basic information about the map (# of regions, special features like Objectives, Bombardments, etc).


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25591
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby VampireM on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
VampireM wrote:i think this is great.. what i really like is how we are starting to improve on the points that brought CC down (mainly assigning the web developer).. to me the ratings are a non-bias third parties view.. might be wise of us to look at what was said bad about us and try to improve.. mainly it might be a good idea to add some texts to the maps so people can read up on them a little more allowing it easier for new players to get to know a map..

Have you explored the Foundry? And looked into the 'Map Info Project'? viewtopic.php?f=127&t=74233

We hope to add to the pop-up map, when you click on a thumbnail, some basic information about the map (# of regions, special features like Objectives, Bombardments, etc).


--Andy


honestly, no.. been there a bit but not much at all.. i do like ur idea of a pop up.. it was more of a suggestion for newer players, im well enough established in the site that i have a good knowledge of the most of the maps and know people who can teach me if need be on maps i dont know..

thank you for pointing that out to me though.. next time im confused i will be heading over there
Image
User avatar
Colonel VampireM
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 pm
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Conquer Club rocks. It's as simple as that.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Surrender Monkey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:01 am

VampireM wrote: might be wise of us to look at what was said bad about us and try to improve....

Very much agree, let's look at one of that site's criticisims:
PlayRiskOnline.net wrote:Users will need 3rd party scripts and add-ons to complement the interface as the developer has not added these improvements to the core game.

I had read this review several months ago and that sentance was once followed by,
PlayRiskOnline.net wrote:For example, scripts are needed to make the maps clickable, this should have already been added to the core game."

Even without his further explaination, you can see what the review was refferring to the non-clickable maps among other needed scripts.

I already read AndyDufresne's response to this before, "The members of CC took some vote and decided that "such a such" a mod was most important right now so LackAttack will focus on that and maybe do clickable maps later."

Andy, that is caca poo. Lackattack can do more than one thing at a time. He's just being lazy and doesn't want to do what he shoud have done 3 years ago when he made this promise in FEBRUARY 2007:
lackattack wrote:Clickable maps are coming sometime this year.
Lackattack, Isn't it about time you made good on your promise? Stop being lazy and keep your word, unless your reputation doesn't matter to you.

(This topic clearly makes me mad so please excuse my strong language, I've reminded Lack of his promise about 10,000 times now and still nothing is done.)
Last edited by Surrender Monkey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
Private Surrender Monkey
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:10 am

Surrender Monkey wrote:
VampireM wrote: might be wise of us to look at what was said bad about us and try to improve....

Very much agree, let's look at one of that site's criticisims:
PlayRiskOnline.net wrote:Users will need 3rd party scripts and add-ons to complement the interface as the developer has not added these improvements to the core game.

I had read this review several months ago and that sentance was once followed by,
PlayRiskOnline.net wrote:For example, scripts are needed to make the maps clickable, this should have already been added to the core game."

Even without his further explaination, you can see what the review was refferring to the non-clickable maps among other needed scripts.

I already know AndyDufresne's response to this, "The members of CC took some vote and decided that "such a such" a mod was most important right now so LackAttack will focus on that and maybe do clickable maps later."

Andy, that is caca poo. Lackattack can do more than one thing at a time. He's just being lazy and doesn't want to do what he shoud have done 3 years ago when he promised:


Well, we did get a new Web Developer admin.

Hopefully he can fill in the holes which this website-critic pointed out. I agree though. Something like "Universal CC clickable maps" without having to download anything would be perfect.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Greatwhite on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:17 am

I play an email form of Risk at http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Gambit The world map is simple and you only take turns as you wish, no time limit. I like to play with my daughters who would never think of playing CC but like the odd game of Risk with Dad at their leisure. You can play 2 to 8 people with the various settings.
11194 completed, 7915 (71%) won
Proud Founder of xiGames
User avatar
Colonel Greatwhite
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:28 am
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:20 am

Clickable Maps is being worked on, just so you know. ;)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25591
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby pimpdave on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am

Obviously Conquer Club won due to conspiratorial dice.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby natty dread on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

pimpdave wrote:Obviously Conquer Club won due to conspiratorial intensity cubes.


fixed
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Surrender Monkey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Clickable Maps is being worked on, just so you know. ;)
--Andy

THANK GOD AND THE STARS ABOVE!!!! You don't realize how much that change to clickable maps will increase the number of players and revitalize CC. I know I've been a pain in your asses about this, but, as I've said before....

If you build it, they will come

and I will be the first one to come over and bring my GF and several friends.
Private Surrender Monkey
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Actually Conquer Club won because the person read our Newsletter and saw my hilarious comics.

I'm such a comedic genius. Just like Christ Farley!
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby darth emperor on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 pm

One of the funniest one is Stra.tegery.com where says that you can buy armies lol

also FellowshipOfLuca.com
Read the manifesto, join the cult, expand your mind. Oh and play some Risk too.

What type of page is this one

and about landgrab.net

Players can upload their own maps without official approval
Im wondering what you can find there :roll:




thegreekdog wrote:It is kind of funny how he scores things. For example, there is a fairly low score for vitality. I'm not sure I agree considering the sheer number of different maps and game types one can play on this site (not to mention the forums).

Yes,I also find it odd, but the important is what he/she said
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Falkomagno on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm

to be honest..clickys must be integrated to the core page. For sure.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Falkomagno
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby darth emperor on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm

So now, CC, is on the Second position even though that is 7.5 a bit better
The first one being in beta has a score of 8.1
MajorCommand
Created by a splinter group of ConquerClub veterans, MajorCommand looks to bring something fresh to the table.


And with 6.2 warlight

An innovative online Risk site that could be a contended with some more members and better maps.

Well in 5th place with 3.9 there's also dominating12
This spinoff from a Conquerclub player had some potential but has since stagnated..


Apart from this ones, the other seems equal to the time this post was created
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:46 pm

darth emperor wrote:So now, CC, is on the Second position even though that is 7.5 a bit better
The first one being in beta has a score of 8.1
MajorCommand
Created by a splinter group of ConquerClub veterans, MajorCommand looks to bring something fresh to the table.


And with 6.2 warlight

An innovative online Risk site that could be a contended with some more members and better maps.

Well in 5th place with 3.9 there's also dominating12
This spinoff from a Conquerclub player had some potential but has since stagnated..


Apart from this ones, the other seems equal to the time this post was created

Yeah, them having Major Command at the top is bullshit.

The community over there sucks. You post a question in the forum, come back 5 days later, nobody has answered it. You start up a game, finally, 4 days later, it's filled. You get online hoping for a speed game, there are 2 other members online. You happen to not have the greatest internet connection, too bad, can't play. You want maps made by different people that don't all look the exact same, well, too bad. Sure, they're nice looking, but they all look done by the same person in the same style. Plus, there is only 1 or 2 that I personally enjoy. And with that few number of maps, how could anybody play there for any amount of time? You want a nice simple, clean interface that's not overloaded with pointless graphics, not gonna happen, sucks to be you.

Perhaps MC has the potential to be better than CC one day, but as of today, it most certainly is not. It really seems like whoever updated that list is biased in some way.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Doc_Brown on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I was just glancing around Major Command and came across a blog post with newly released maps:
http://www.majorcommand.com/blog/map/ma ... to-conquer
The third one looks awfully familiar! I'm guessing Oaktown was one of the players that moved over there and took his map with him.
User avatar
Colonel Doc_Brown
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Who left to make Majorcommand anyway?
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby Robinette on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Who left to make Majorcommand anyway?


heheee... funny seeing this post unanswered here after 3 months, and just a few posts above seeing tkr dis them for taking a week...

tkr4lf wrote:Yeah, them having Major Command at the top is bullshit. The community over there sucks. You post a question in the forum, come back 5 days later, nobody has answered it......




Anyway, as a classic old school RISK player, here is my 2 cents worth...

Dominating12 is pretty sweet, and I must appreciate that it is the ONLY internet site i have found that actually uses the ORIGINAL escalating rules, and as a result has the most dynamic game play. Also, the new mgnt there is decidedly active, why i have even seen suggestions and quick implementations on the fly within several games. Very cool indeed. This site should be near the top of the list now.

MC is cool, but it was coded in a cumbersome way that makes it dreadfully slow. Until the coding is fixed, this site should not be anywhere near the top. As for escalating, they are even further away from the original rules than CC, but it's not hard to adapt to the strategy.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Analysis of Online Risk

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Robinette wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Who left to make Majorcommand anyway?


heheee... funny seeing this post unanswered here after 3 months, and just a few posts above seeing tkr dis them for taking a week...

tkr4lf wrote:Yeah, them having Major Command at the top is bullshit. The community over there sucks. You post a question in the forum, come back 5 days later, nobody has answered it......




Anyway, as a classic old school RISK player, here is my 2 cents worth...

Dominating12 is pretty sweet, and I must appreciate that it is the ONLY internet site i have found that actually uses the ORIGINAL escalating rules, and as a result has the most dynamic game play. Also, the new mgnt there is decidedly active, why i have even seen suggestions and quick implementations on the fly within several games. Very cool indeed. This site should be near the top of the list now.

MC is cool, but it was coded in a cumbersome way that makes it dreadfully slow. Until the coding is fixed, this site should not be anywhere near the top. As for escalating, they are even further away from the original rules than CC, but it's not hard to adapt to the strategy.


Escalating is painful as is the speed. For better or worse they are aiming for a completely different idea with how to handle posts and such.

It will be interesting to see how and if it works out.

CC is so much better overall than the 4 Ive played at its not funny, but each one definitely has its unique little benefits.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login