Website "lag"

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Website "lag" reports

Postby QoH on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Hmmm... on my HTC inspire today (EST), I've had full bars, but CC won't load, and won't even attempt to load to pages, and just says they are unavailable.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby lackattack on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Conducting some performance diagnostics... there could be some slowdowns now...
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby lackattack on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm

For a couple of months now there has been a lockup of games when the dice history is crunched each morning at around 5:10am CC Time. I managed to reduce the lockup period from a couple minutes to about 30 seconds. I will have to take down the database sometime and de-fragment the dice history data to resolve this completely.
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Postby perchorin on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 pm

lackattack wrote:For a couple of months now there has been a lockup of games when the dice history is crunched each morning at around 5:10am CC Time. I managed to reduce the lockup period from a couple minutes to about 30 seconds. I will have to take down the database sometime and de-fragment the dice history data to resolve this completely.

Thanks lack!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (28) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (1)

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 pm

9/6 I had problems consistently through the evening.
2013-11-13 11:47:40 - NapoleonTanerite [team]: "We will forgive your forgetting to use the troops in Turkey." It's hard to think with an erection, which I bet TM had!
Lieutenant TheMissionary
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (11)
Training Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:29 pm

lackattack wrote:For a couple of months now there has been a lockup of games when the dice history is crunched each morning at around 5:10am CC Time. I managed to reduce the lockup period from a couple minutes to about 30 seconds. I will have to take down the database sometime and de-fragment the dice history data to resolve this completely.

Oh that's awesome.. honestly for me (and probably a lot of people) I don't play freestyle games but I do sometimes play speed games so 2 mins in a speed game is a big deal but 30 secs is nothing.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby perchorin on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am

As far as I can tell, the 6pm Korean time killer lag problem has now been fixed. Thanks so much!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (28) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (1)

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 am

Not sure if It's my own internet connection, but I've been getting a lot of:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

on cc pages
show
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Postby lackattack on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:20 am

I'm not sure what that means, my guess is that it's your connection.
Retired Administrator

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Leehar wrote:Not sure if It's my own internet connection, but I've been getting a lot of:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

on cc pages

Me too. I get something like "Communication with the server is running out".

It's only on CC, other sites work just fine....

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 124
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (8)

Postby s3xt0y on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Been lagging all night, getting the ten second thing then i have to click my games and go back into the game then it lags again. Between the lag and the auto refresh this site is starting to lose its appeal....after a 2 and a half hour game...laggin out to lose when I would have won. Very frustrating.

Oh sorry I was in the middle of a turn had just cashed, trying to deploy...lagged out 3 times. The ten second statement. Then deployed, had about 2 minutes in my turn left got half way through the attacks. Lagged out a few more times. Then didn't have enough time to finish my elimination by 3 territories.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby lackattack on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

I don't see anything in our logs, s3xt0y. It looks like your internet setup.
Retired Administrator

Postby s3xt0y on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:53 pm

lackattack wrote:I don't see anything in our logs, s3xt0y. It looks like your internet setup.

I don't think its my internet, I have fibreop, and I don't have any lag issues with anything else but CC. But I could be wrong, other players in the game mentioned it was laggy as well.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:51 am

Slowdown after the site went back up. But I suppose that's to be expected?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 am

s3xt0y wrote:
lackattack wrote:I don't see anything in our logs, s3xt0y. It looks like your internet setup.

I don't think its my internet, I have fibreop, and I don't have any lag issues with anything else but CC. But I could be wrong, other players in the game mentioned it was laggy as well.

Many times you will not see problems with other sites, yet it is indeed your internet. Most times you are not playing a game where it is refreshing as much as CC is.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion