Website "lag"

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Website "lag" reports

Postby lackattack on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Slowdown after the site went back up. But I suppose that's to be expected?

-Sully

Yes, the database had to "warm up"
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 pm

lackattack wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Slowdown after the site went back up. But I suppose that's to be expected?

-Sully

Yes, the database had to "warm up"

Hopefully it had time to stretch, too. Wouldn't want it to pull a muscle now ;)

Thanks!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Pacohell on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:49 am

Not only timeouts...also the game changing attacks during the timeout. Which is a nightmare! And it leads to a higher number of double yellows...the game gets stuck in a certain set of outcome.

Ah well...not that you play this game serious
Corporal 1st Class Pacohell

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jammyjames on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Lack,

Just a short one. I appear to be getting "lag spots" every 3 or so seconds. It is only happening on Conquerclub, has been consistent for the past 30 minutes or so.

Cheers

James
Lieutenant jammyjames

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Too big lag to play speed game

Postby Moonchild on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 am

Operating System: Windows XP
Browser: Firefox Mozilla
Scripts/third party programs used: BOB+clickies+assault odds+map rank GL / NONE (see below)

Concise description:
  • I played 4 speed games at once of which none worked properly. Every time firefox gave me that usual error weather I want to wait another 10 seconds for page to load or not, it was that slow that, EVEN WHEN PLAYING ONLY ONE GAME, it was impossible to make a turn, of taking, let's say 12 territories, in 5 minutes. one game was lost before the issues started (first turn was okay in all games) but the other 3 I was in great advantage what can be seen from gamechat (pardon my cursing there, you must understand how i felt). One of the games ended with another player being kicked out for missing too many turns.
    You will see in gamelog that it took forever between turns, and even starting a turn took forever (that little time between pressing begin turn and being ready to deploy armies was taking approx a minute or so!!!)

These were the actions taken to eliminate possible causes:
    -tested internet on other website of which some were USA based as CC server is, everything worked fine, except CC
    -turned of all script thinking about that there might be some issues with that
    -today on same PC, same connection, works perfectly

please fix that because I do not want anyone else to relive that frustration!

Specifics:
Score: 2629
Major Moonchild

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (18)

Re: Too big lag to play speed game

Postby codierose on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

try google chrome http://www.google.com/chrome/?installdataindex=nosearch&hl=en-GB&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en-GB&utm_source=en-GB-ha-emea-uk-bk&utm_medium=ha
i had same problem a while ago ended up ditching firefox and and reinstalling latest verson then added grease monkey and all the scripts with latest updates that worked for me.
Colonel codierose

Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby s3xt0y on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 pm

The site itself lags as well...there is a topic about it but the three times I have posted about brutal lag lack posts back and says there was no issue....so there is some bull going on...but us minions are not supposed to know about it.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:08 pm

s3xt0y wrote:The site itself lags as well...there is a topic about it but the three times I have posted about brutal lag lack posts back and says there was no issue....so there is some bull going on...but us minions are not supposed to know about it.

Most of the reports about lag have been isolated to individual users, and not a site-wide thing, except during the early morning hours in the USA, where the server does a catch-up for a few minutes.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby s3xt0y on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
s3xt0y wrote:The site itself lags as well...there is a topic about it but the three times I have posted about brutal lag lack posts back and says there was no issue....so there is some bull going on...but us minions are not supposed to know about it.

Most of the reports about lag have been isolated to individual users, and not a site-wide thing, except during the early morning hours in the USA, where the server does a catch-up for a few minutes.

--Andy

My fibre-op internet that doesn't lag anywhere else...EVER....lags to shit on this site...AND I'm from MONCTON, NB thats within peeing range of montreal where the servers are located.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:30 am

s3xt0y wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

My fibre-op internet that doesn't lag anywhere else...EVER....lags to shit on this site...AND I'm from MONCTON, NB thats within peeing range of montreal where the servers are located.

The servers are in Texas I believe, but regardless, you shouldn't have such a problem. You might have a problem with you DNS or something....

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
s3xt0y wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

The servers are in Texas I believe, but regardless, you shouldn't have such a problem. You might have a problem with you DNS or something....

-rd

Indeed they are in Texas... about 20 mins from me drive time.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby Moonchild on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

of course it "little man's" fault and not of the server, not matter that the only website lagging is this one. Yeah, the browser is also faulty, maybe i should use netscape or IE?
Sarcasm aside, we are paying customers and we want a finished product. Isn't that the way it works over there in US?
I know that there might be a technological faults but be human and at least apologize.
Major Moonchild

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (18)

Postby blakebowling on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Moonchild wrote:of course it "little man's" fault and not of the server, not matter that the only website lagging is this one. Yeah, the browser is also faulty, maybe i should use netscape or IE?
Sarcasm aside, we are paying customers and we want a finished product. Isn't that the way it works over there in US?
I know that there might be a technological faults but be human and at least apologize.

While it's still possible it's a problem on our side, usually problems in the server or the networking present in more than one user. It's also much easier to diagnose problems with you than to diagnose problems with the datacenter. There are dozens of causes of why some websites load slow and others don't. Most likely, if it's not caused by something on your system, it's networking related. Which is usually even harder to resolve.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby Moonchild on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 am

codierose wrote:try google chrome http://www.google.com/chrome/?installdataindex=nosearch&hl=en-GB&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en-GB&utm_source=en-GB-ha-emea-uk-bk&utm_medium=ha
i had same problem a while ago ended up ditching firefox and and reinstalling latest verson then added grease monkey and all the scripts with latest updates that worked for me.

there is no greasemonkey for Chrome mate...
Major Moonchild

Postby Arcee on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 am

My understanding is that the add-ons work on Chrome without Greasemonkey.
Sergeant 1st Class Arcee

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Steve The Mighty on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:29 am

2011-12-09 02:16:23 Game 10226349

Whilst waiting to take my turn I was kicked out of CC and could not return in time to take my turn - this was more than 5 minutes. This happened on more than one occasion causing the loss of this game.

I don't mind losing games but do want a balanced playing field. This is a regular occurence where CC does not have sufficient capacity to meet the demand from players joining the site. 830 players on site at the time incident occured.

Get more bandwitdh
Captain Steve The Mighty

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12)
Clan Achievement (14)

Lag with Chrome and Firefox

Postby kchalot on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:47 am

Operating System: W7
Browser: Firefox and Chrome
Scripts/third party programs used: no

If the bug happened in a game/s, do not forget to indicate the game number/s.

Lag : Since 3 days, I have big lag, only with Conquer Club.
I'm leaving in Laos (so pb Asian servor ? ).
Same in Chrome or Firefox, and this on several differents computer, and locations.

So I'm oblige to refresh sometimes up to 3 times, to play one time !, and it can take 20 minutes to play one game ! Never had that before. Otherwise for other website no pb, of navigation or lag.

Thanks to help me.
Kch
Major kchalot

Medals: 21
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby zimmah on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

it's really laggy right now for me too. my internet speeds are normal on other websites so it's just CC.
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby s3xt0y on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 am

Game 10361691 Lost 1000 troops to lose the game on a doorway or whatever their called, i was trying for 30 seconds to move them but was lagging with the wait ten seconds bull...frustrating very frustrating....

Clan Achievement (2)

Postby shanksdigs on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I actully know why the lag happens, if the lackattack reads these messages, I can tell the owner.
Lieutenant shanksdigs

Location: Premiums, please do not join my games if you cannot play fast/RT.
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby ender516 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

lackattack is the owner. If you have a reason not to share the explanation right here with the public, then perhaps you could submit an e-ticket which the admins (the paid help) will see in short order. Click on Help in the top menu of the site (the one with "Home Instructions Scoreboard Tournaments Forum Rules Shop Help").
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby s3xt0y on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:51 pm

not that its going to help, or anything is going to change...but plenty more lag tonight.

Clan Achievement (2)

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Today, many players have complained about lag. It occurs while taking our turns during attack phase, just seems a little refreshing the map and loading up.
Major D00MandD3A7H

Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby QoH on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:59 am

Noon EST Feb. 19th 2012
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby lanyards on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Lagged all day today, really frustrating.
Sergeant 1st Class lanyards

Medals: 104
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion