CC breakfast/lunch

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 am

2dimes wrote:If you put fries in a toaster oven on high heat they come back to life. You just need to watch them so they don't burn.



The quote made me miss this life lesson the first time around. Thanks, 2Dimes!

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:15 pm

No worries, shallow pan single layer.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby Fruitcake on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:
but tell me guys, whats your favourite champagne?
i want to try something i havent had before


If you are ever in the area, try out Rodez Champagne. They are situated in Ambonnay, a Grand Cru village just outside Rheims, it's worth the trip.

Some others worthy of mention (some can be bought outside the area they are grown)

Pierre Moncuit - nice, with great fizz. Superb for parties.
Alfred Gratien - one of my favourites, but does have the odd disastrous harvest.
Champagne Thienot (can be bought worldwide I think) - clean taste, another that is great for parties.

here's a few to avoid:

Ruinart - yuck, only one worth drinking is the 1998
Perrier-Jouet - Ghastly tripe, drunk by those who know no better and think they are drinking Laurent Perrier
G.H.Mumm - only good for spraying over others....drink at your peril.

Of course one cannot go wrong with a bottle of Bolli, especially a vintage year. Best drunk whilst dressed smartly (really...this does affect the way one feels when drinking certain vintages), furthermore, I have always held that the 4B rule, if which Bolli is one, ensures a daughter's future.
Image

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
User avatar
Colonel Fruitcake
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:38 am
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 pm

2dimes wrote:~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest?

Yes.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
but tell me guys, whats your favourite champagne?
i want to try something i havent had before


If you are ever in the area, try out Rodez Champagne. They are situated in Ambonnay, a Grand Cru village just outside Rheims, it's worth the trip.

Some others worthy of mention (some can be bought outside the area they are grown)

Pierre Moncuit - nice, with great fizz. Superb for parties.
Alfred Gratien - one of my favourites, but does have the odd disastrous harvest.
Champagne Thienot (can be bought worldwide I think) - clean taste, another that is great for parties.

here's a few to avoid:

Ruinart - yuck, only one worth drinking is the 1998
Perrier-Jouet - Ghastly tripe, drunk by those who know no better and think they are drinking Laurent Perrier
G.H.Mumm - only good for spraying over others....drink at your peril.

Of course one cannot go wrong with a bottle of Bolli, especially a vintage year. Best drunk whilst dressed smartly (really...this does affect the way one feels when drinking certain vintages), furthermore, I have always held that the 4B rule, if which Bolli is one, ensures a daughter's future.



thx for all these information - and most of them i really havent heard off,

im the oldfashioned moet, dom perignon drinker ( still my favourite)
my wife prefers veuve clicquot fan - i ´m not

two years ago i was in bordeaux, so the champagne region is on my list
i will go searching the recommendations u posted, i m looking forward to it, thanks
for your precious knowledge
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !


AOK

show: AOK Rocks
User avatar
Captain AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby Pirlo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm

my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:
User avatar
Colonel Pirlo
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Pirlo wrote:my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:

Hehe, rebel. :mrgreen:
Well I'm sure it get's you going first thing. I don't actually wake up till around 11AM, before that I'm more like a zombie than a person. Thing is I don't have any appetite until 11 either so coffee is kind of out of the question since I get the caffeine jitters if I drink it without food.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Pirlo wrote:my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:


they say, it doesnt kill you

but it makes u impotent, and thats for sure
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !


AOK

show: AOK Rocks
User avatar
Captain AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:
Pirlo wrote:my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:


they say, it doesnt kill you

but it makes u impotent, and thats for sure

You speak from experience, Aslan? :lol:
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Re:

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
2dimes wrote:~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest?

Yes.

You should find someone with an automobile and catch a ride to the nearest 5guys. They're pretty good.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm

2dimes wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
2dimes wrote:~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest?

Yes.

You should find someone with an automobile and catch a ride to the nearest 5guys. They're pretty good.

More like a pilot with an airplane. I've never seen or heard of one of these places in my life.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm

http://www.fiveguys.com/

There should be a location finder. They started inWashington DC. Simple, burgers with fresh toppings, fresh cut fries cooked in peanut oil.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm

2dimes wrote:http://www.fiveguys.com/

There should be a location finder. They started inWashington DC. Simple, burgers with fresh toppings, fresh cut fries cooked in peanut oil.

It appears there is one 25 miles from me...
I'll have to hitch up the buggy one of these days and check it out.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Re:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
2dimes wrote:http://www.fiveguys.com/

There should be a location finder. They started inWashington DC. Simple, burgers with fresh toppings, fresh cut fries cooked in peanut oil.

It appears there is one 25 miles from me...
I'll have to hitch up the buggy one of these days and check it out.


The cajun fries are great if you like that kind of flavor.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
2dimes wrote:http://www.fiveguys.com/

There should be a location finder. They started inWashington DC. Simple, burgers with fresh toppings, fresh cut fries cooked in peanut oil.

It appears there is one 25 miles from me...
I'll have to hitch up the buggy one of these days and check it out.


The cajun fries are great if you like that kind of flavor.

BMO

I do like spicy stuff for sure so when I go I'll make a point to try them. ;)
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login