Conquer Club

*BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: *BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Serbia wrote:Yes owen, a Tourney Director is the official spokesperson of CC Admin. One with a record.
I see no infraction by anyone who could possibly be punishable. A banned multi broke more site rules. You tell me who you want banned, and as spokesperson, I'll take it to the bosses and try to get you some satisfaction.*

*and by "take it to the bosses*, I mean I'll light up a Cuban, pour me some Glenfiddich, and ignore your new complaint. (Heart Shaped Box, anyone?)

Brett, I'm totally in agreement with you on a sitting feature. And I've been beating that drum in the mod forums since I got there. I think it's critical to the site. But let's not pretend like someone in FOED should be banned because a rouge account got into your forums, and posted something from there in their forums. If the reverse had happened, you wouldn't be calling for yourself to be banned.

Natty, please stop with the trolling. We've both been warned for it recently, and as such, I won't be engaging.

I am trying to have a discussion, and have not called for anyone to be banned. I do think the mods/admins in FOED should have done a better job, and at least alerted us to the breach. As reps of CC, they should be trying to make the site run smoother. I can't help but feel that if it was anyone other than Owen and the BpB's contest, something might have been done different;y. Victim mentality? Yes, since we are looked upon with a microscope often. Did we bring this attention on ourselves? Yes, partially, by being so damn sexy and playing devil's advocate several times against the admins. I am not as upset by tdans winning, his honesty, etc. I ran the contest, I paid the winner. (and one other very active participant who had all the right answers too). Let's start an account sitting thread in suggs and bugs, and I promise to add input there too.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Serbia on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm

jbrettlip wrote:I am trying to have a discussion, and have not called for anyone to be banned. I do think the mods/admins in FOED should have done a better job, and at least alerted us to the breach. As reps of CC, they should be trying to make the site run smoother. I can't help but feel that if it was anyone other than Owen and the BpB's contest, something might have been done different;y. Victim mentality? Yes, since we are looked upon with a microscope often. Did we bring this attention on ourselves? Yes, partially, by being so damn sexy and playing devil's advocate several times against the admins. I am not as upset by tdans winning, his honesty, etc. I ran the contest, I paid the winner. (and one other very active participant who had all the right answers too). Let's start an account sitting thread in suggs and bugs, and I promise to add input there too.

Absolutely. We aren't the only two on the forums who think it's long-overdue. Start a thread, I personally think it would be great for public discussion. Of course, I'm probably being overly optimistic in awaiting it's implementation, as things like that tend to take years to ever be seen, but I remain hopeful.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Serbia wrote:Natty, please stop with the trolling. We've both been warned for it recently, and as such, I won't be engaging.

Who's trolling? You claimed the BpB has "victim-mentality". I made an observation, that you seem to have a victim-blaming mentality, since you use words like that in a context like this. You're welcome to disagree with my observation, even provide reasons why you think it's wrong, or just ignore it, but to instantly accuse me of trolling isn't reasonable or mature behavior.

If you worry about warnings & bans, then the answer is simple: don't post inflammatory posts. Try some honest discussion instead of flamebaiting, or if that's too hard, don't say anything. But don't pretend like it's my fault what you decide to post.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:18 pm

owenshooter wrote:and congrats to the admins for not thinking it was an offense for members of FOED to come into our clan forum with an old members password they had, steal the answers and post them within their forums.

The comments above by owen bring several questions to mind considering the comments below from a previous thread.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=239&p=3308686

owenshooter wrote:let me guess... someone gave their password out to someone else who then screwed them over in games, blah, blah, blah... giving out your password is not hacking... i don't recall one documented case of hacking ever proven here on CC... this would be a first...-0

Owen why is your response to your forums being accessed by someone with a password that an old member of you clan shared different than you response above?

Why didn't you remove the old member if they were not active?

Do you guys and gals change your passwords regularly? If not you should.
Captain Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby tdans on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:27 pm

owenshooter wrote:
tdans wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:
tdans wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:Yes, a FOED member used a BpB password to access our clan forum and posted the answers in their clan forum. Tdans used them to win the contest. However mods were aware that FOED had the answers posted and did nothing to protect the validity of the contest. Tdans seems like a standup guy, having admitted he cheated to me after he found out I had already bought him premium. Maybe I should have notified him first, but I had no idea this had happened. The fact that mods knew about this, and said/did nothing just shows how poor a quality of people can be mods on this board.

No one will be banned, and the user that did it apparently is no longer on the website. He/she simply still had access to people's passwords.

This!!! for future reference.... they do this in Tournaments, or at least the one I won... The guy was able to deduce a ton of peoples passwords somehow, he explained it but it seemed a tad far-fetched but entirely possible. I got on CC one day to see I got a PM from jbrettlip and the words out of my mouth were " Oh crap" I had forgotten all about the contest... lol My apologies about this! I have already straightened it out with the BpB clan...

And I have no problem with tdans. And neither do my other clanmates. If he hadn't said a word, we wouldn't know....(maybe). But f*ck, Taylor Swift. Cmon Tdans, change that shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have nothing to change it too........ lol btw, I doubt ya'll would'nt have found out... :P just sayin... haha

did you not read brett's last sentence?-0

the 'nt jumped on the end of that word.... idk how! haha
Lieutenant tdans

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:45 pm

tdans wrote:the 'nt jumped on the end of that word.... idk how! haha

we have talked, my texas brother, it's all good... and again, had you not stepped up like a true mensch, we never would have known. i mean, the mods in FOED weren't going to say anything (we seem to be the only people that have an issue with mods knowing of cheating/violating clan forums), so thank you. all in all, despite all the disruption, the contest was fun and went well. i feel bad for the 100 plus entries in my inbox that never resubmitted to jbrettlip and didn't get a fair chance at the prize. well, of those 100, only 6 had all the correct answers, but you know what i mean. thanks again Tdans!!! and we look forward to our next sig contest!!-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:From what I know of the story, the banned person (he/she is a permabanned user) had others' passwords from long ago. With them, they accessed pm's that contained other people's passwords, including a BpB member account. Then they disseminated the answers. So yes, the BpB have gone and changed pw's and weren't the ones to give pw's directly to the culprit.

I am sure FOED has already scrubbed their forum of any evidence. I bought the premium, and I am not filing a c&a. CC reminds me of a hot chick that just keeps screwing me over. Every time, I swear it won't happen again, but then I try to forgive and get lackattacked all over.

If you're not going to file a formal report, then I should expect you won't complain about this further?

-Sully

I didn't complain about what happened. So as far as I am concerned, you continue to have your head up your ass.

brett, honey, I love ya like a cute puppy that was inherited from my recently deceased great aunt. Let's stay classy, here, mmkay?

Granted, the word "complain" was a poor choice of word, but you and owen keep bringing up a problem that really has no solution, yet you blame certain parties that can't very well be held responsible for what happened. I'm not going to say that their silence in the midst of cheating was right, but they shouldn't be blamed for what happened. Granted, I wasn't involved in any of this, but from what I gather, that is my view on things.

Sure, I'm a "mod", but I don't "moderate". I'm just the guy who runs the Newsletter. I like to think I'm being objective, seeing both sides with as little bias as possible. You guys seem to not care for objectivity, so it's quite difficult to reasonably discuss with you, owen, and natty about mod-related issues.

Hugs and kisses,

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I like to think I'm being objective, seeing both sides with as little bias as possible.

Usually, the ones who insist they are being objective, are the least objective of all. When you admit your subjective bias to the issue, you can attempt to correct for that bias and work towards higher objectivity. But if you just assert your own objectivity, and assure yourself that any bias would never affect you, you'll never even notice the bias in your own thinking.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby greenoaks on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm

i have passwords for some players. i keep them in a file on my pc.

if someone does log into my account with malicious intent they can't progress beyond me.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby squishyg on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:52 pm

greenoaks wrote:i have passwords for some players. i keep them in a file on my pc.

if someone does log into my account with malicious intent they can't progress beyond me.

you are SMRT!

seriously though folks, don't keep passwords in PMs.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion