Does ConquerClub lack effective marketing?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Does ConquerClub lack effective marketing?

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:CC is basically a hobby site. It doesn't seem to consider itself a real business.

I think for an exampe of what CC could strive for, you can look at http://www.chess.com

Which is a shame, since this place has so much potential.

This may be a tough decision for the CC owner(s), but in order for a business to grow, sometimes the management should be replaced with more competent people. Sometimes, certain people should only specialize in their trade. The issue of trust and finding a capable manager are considerable problems, but sometimes, such a move is necessary to retain loyal customers, to provide an awesome "Risk" experience to new customers, and to earn more money in the long-term.

So, basically, you need a job?

Yes, my client, BBS, who is going to pay me 50% of what he makes, needs a job.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:CC is basically a hobby site. It doesn't seem to consider itself a real business.

I think for an exampe of what CC could strive for, you can look at http://www.chess.com

This may be a tough decision for the CC owner(s), but in order for a business to grow, sometimes the management should be replaced with more competent people. Sometimes, certain people should only specialize in their trade. The issue of trust and finding a capable manager are considerable problems, but sometimes, such a move is necessary to retain loyal customers, to provide an awesome "Risk" experience to new customers, and to earn more money in the long-term.

Yes, my client, BBS, who is going to pay me 50% of what he makes, needs a job.

Meet Scott KanBoras, CC's super talent agent.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Reported for posting personal information

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Reported for posting personal information

:lol:
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 pm

chapcrap wrote:

You don't get why it's funny.

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:07 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

You get why it's funny.

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 pm

I guess the R*sk board game is quite a niche market, and advertising banners all over the internet wouldn't appeal to many people when next to some Nazi-killing flash game. I reckon >90% of members on CC are here because they actively searched for "free online risk", and not "free generic online multiplayer game". Y'all see where I'm going with this.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:57 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:So how many paying customers are there?

And how much has that figure grown by year?

Wouldn't you have to get more members to continue to register for a premium to make this number grow. If you are losing the same number of people that you are gaining then the figure won't grow. CC doesn't need to strengthen its marketing plows it needs to make sure that they are keeping premium members and increasing the amount of freebies to premium.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 pm

CC the games, and by that I mean the stupid dice, is why I've not renewed my membership.

Have better dice. people like the game. people pay for premium. you get to hire more people as a job. site improves. more people. more money.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 am

ManBungalow wrote:I guess the R*sk board game is quite a niche market, and advertising banners all over the internet wouldn't appeal to many people when next to some Nazi-killing flash game. I reckon >90% of members on CC are here because they actively searched for "free online risk", and not "free generic online multiplayer game". Y'all see where I'm going with this.

I was trying to read what you typed, but I gotta tell ya. You got something on your face:

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 am

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Hey, why not? I need a job with very flexible hours because I got a stiff back that's killing me. Ho ho.

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:

Wouldn't you have to get more members to continue to register for a premium to make this number grow. If you are losing the same number of people that you are gaining then the figure won't grow. CC doesn't need to strengthen its marketing plows it needs to make sure that they are keeping premium members and increasing the amount of freebies to premium.

Marketing deals with retaining customers, increasing customer loyalty, convincing freemiums to switch to premium, and yada yada.

CC most likely isn't going to release any information to me, so I can't answer your question. They're just gonna lurk this one out, guy.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:27 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Marketing deals with retaining customers, increasing customer loyalty, convincing freemiums to switch to premium, and yada yada.

CC most likely isn't going to release any information to me, so I can't answer your question. They're just gonna lurk this one out, guy.

Who you callin guy, buddy?
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Who you callin guy, buddy?

Colonel BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion