Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:39 am

Butters1919 wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=192049&view=unread#p4204455
If it's reasons like this that we're losing some members, I'm OK with that!

That's quite the list! A gang unto himself.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Agent 86 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 pm

We may have to change the topic heading to 'Is CC Increasing?' 12967 and rising :o
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Qwert on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Agent 86 wrote:We may have to change the topic heading to 'Is CC back on declining?' 12871 and back on drop :o

here i fix your topic.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Agent 86 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:41 pm

qwert wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:We may have to change the topic heading to 'Is CC back on declining?' 12871 and back on drop :o

here i fix your topic.

Thanks qwert, thread back on the decline..nearly a hundred players go missing in 3 days :oops:
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Qwert on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:53 pm

yep, back on road, this 3 days of ride in wrong track, almost make this topic tittle pointless, but just one day of rapid decline and we are back on horse :)

12859- its not nearly,its exact 108 players move to hare Krishna club

and this thread just make over 20000 views , nice achievement :)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
qwert wrote:

here i fix your topic.

Thanks qwert, thread back on the decline..nearly a hundred players go missing in 3 days :oops:

We were not declining because of busted multies, but we were increasing because of them. lol
This is early June's numbers btw, The numbers are usually lowest in early August I think.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:38 am

12819,, 50 more drop
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:11 am

CC biggest rival has hit a huge huge snag. I think that people will start jumping ship quick and moving to CC or other places.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby DJPatrick on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:35 am

NOT a veryintelligent marketing ploy there Bruce..."CC is still shyyte but flock to us folks coz the opposition is worserer"?
Add another one to the minus figs as Eddie has pulled the plug after 6 years subscription... casual gamers come and go but the real addicts like eddie always exit by being hounded out...
Lot's of really good people (as well as being good players) just quit becoz of the power games..
but hey,
Bruce,
you're still here
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 am

DJPatrick wrote:NOT a veryintelligent marketing ploy there Bruce..."CC is still shyyte but flock to us folks coz the opposition is worserer"?
Add another one to the minus figs as Eddie has pulled the plug after 6 years subscription... casual gamers come and go but the real addicts like eddie always exit by being hounded out...
Lot's of really good people (as well as being good players) just quit becoz of the power games..
but hey,
Bruce,
you're still here

You are missing the point of my post... CC is what it is.. the other site is what it is. If CC went down for a week or 2 I would expect some people who are on CC to move over there. It is just how things work.

People leave CC for all types of reasons. Some tire of the game, some move to other websites, and some are banned for a number of reasons.

P.S. If you think CC is "Shyte" and the other website is so good... then you should be there ;) CC still has the largest community by far and is the best online CC there is. Nothing else can compare.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby DJPatrick on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:39 am

Nah, Bruce the obtuse, you are missing MY point...some are banned for a number of reasons and some are those reasons...don't say I should be there---this is not your fifedom, git...this is from one of those who left for "a number of reasons"...You are one of those numbers ...

the time has come..

Postby eddie2 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 am
for a well earned vacation from the site, hopefully someone can post in forums this for me in general discussions.

well after 4 years on site it has finally happened i have recieved a forum ban and why was that. reporting players abusing a tourney rule abusing a sitting rule for clans.
lets see the reports i made.
1)players not signing up to games to get a fog rule included (something that was not in the war.) and being late warning was issued.
2)turning up late to games in our first home set
3) turning in there 2nd set not fully signed up to.......
all 3 of these were against the rules of ccup4...
then we have sitting abuse.....
1)extreme ways/ bruceswar in the poland game warning was issued because extreme ways had played a speed game in the time he could of played his shot.
2)coyboyz/nmic warning issued because cowboyz had played games in the time allowed. warning was issued(by the pm i was sent and posted but deleted by nicky15 from the kort aka war thread. then 2 hours later done it again. after warning was issued.
3)shannon apple telling clan mods she had contacted me which was a load of bollocks i foed her in the main thread telling her i had. she had responded then 6 hours after that posted it in a game that she new i would not see. not live chat or even war page where it could be seen. and when i asked them to post it nicky15 told me she had said she had pmed me, so when i tried to front them out for lieing it was classed as me trying to get her banned. which i wasn't i was trying to prove a point that they were trying to cause trouble.
4)discussion about the thread being locked down between fishydance razorvich nicky15 i missed this by 1 hour so i went to fishydances wall to see that random21 had logged into her account this was known because random had posted on her wall about missing her on skype to talk about a move in a game and a shot taken in a game not aka war. but while things were running hot this was still a bit of a piss take especially when fishydance was back online 1 hour later.

all in all the event was a shambles from the start the minite bruceswar took the event of dako, he could not comunicate with me as aka war leader.

in the war thread kort done all of the above but cd's allowed them to continue to say they were being victimized by me with invalid reports where cd's would not correct them on this... instead issuing a warning to me for spurious reports or bad behaviour for reporting them. where was the justice for the 30 plus members of aka being cheated in the games. where was the backing of the rules we were told would happen when cd's took over the event. where was the fair and equal war we were told would happen. sorry but out of 6 issues 3 were them not following the war rules that there war organiser set up. 3 were sitting abuse were i was told warnings had been issued. so where are the spurious reports.

with this said people are asking why the site is declining would this injustice be a reason ??

people are asking why players have lost faith in clan mods would the fact they showed favoritism to a top ranked clan be a reason.

there was a post from chemefreak in the cdf....

That is not what I am saying. I am saying that the top ranked clans DO have more clout. It is just a fact of life at this point. And if we in lower ranked clans ever want to have a shot at a top clan, then we will have to bend to their wishes a little bit.

this i must say also applys for the rules of events and site. and plz cd's dont say it does not because you have proven it does.

this being said lets look at the good points i have done won several awards for helping new players in live chat and contributing to that part. issued about 4 years premium a year for the last 2 3 years to several members, also given away any premium i have won to people needing it more than me
helped in the demise of real cheats of the site glg(game abuse farming new members.) and blitz(abusing a absent player from sites account).
brought the first case to c and a for sitting abuse in clan wars bofm war against bogangod which got noted and ended up with several other cases being brought forward and cd's introducing a new rule for clans which they have not followed but got me forum banned for trying to get the rule executed...

hope you all enjoy it because i will be leaving on completion of my present active games. and if i do return will not get involved in trying to make this site fair for all who play it.

Lieutenant eddie2

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 am

Too...much...text...can't...keep.....interest...up.

Anyway, 12820
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Frito Bandito on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 am

Gillipig wrote:Too...much...text...can't...keep.....interest...up.

Anyway, 12820

Hear, Hear!

brevity is the soul of wit
Captain Frito Bandito

Postby jiminski on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 am

Frito Bandito wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Too...much...text...can't...keep.....interest...up.

Anyway, 12820

Edit:
Hear!

brevity
Captain jiminski

Postby jiminski on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 am

DJPatrick perhaps you could summarise, add a little more acerbic wit, and make certain you get the facts right... Then i will get the bacon wheat crunchies* in anticipation of Bruce' response.

In passing, and on topic - the above bitch from Patrick is perhaps an interesting little caveat. i suppose this kind of seriousness in gaming and the fierce introduction of standardised, regimented fun adds a pressure which does mean player burn-out.
Clans, cups, imposed games and tournaments with only a quasi uniformity and uneven implementation? who knows!? maybe it makes the site better in the long-run but in short the growing pains are acute.

* it's a snack which accompanies a spectacle quite nicely.. i suppose that popcorn would be the convention but popcorn is shite when compared to a wheat-crunchy.

NB. summary for Frito- Bandito:

jiminski wrote:who knows!?
Captain jiminski

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I think honestly, it's the crazy accusations like what was mentioned above that suck the fun out of the game. I can only count that post as baiting again, so I am not going to directly address it. People do get fed up with that kinda drama and leave, others thrive on it, but it isn't healthy for CC.

Also, CC could do with some visual updates like a new skin or something. It's so 2003 atm. This would attract new users.
I don't see this site going anywhere anytime soon though because 12.8k active users is still a hell of a lot.

Something I did notice though is that when a random player signs up for team games, most of them don't like to work together and discuss turns. People don't have time for that anymore. Back in 2009 when I was a member first time around (same account, took a 3 year break) there seemed to be a lot more players willing to see the potential in a new player and play with them. I had such a person back then. That's what new people need to get them to stay. They need people who are willing to show them the ropes rather than just thrashing them to cook status so they leave.

Old members are always going to leave eventually, it's a natural circle. It's the new members who are the future of the site.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jiminski on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:....... I can only count that post as baiting again, so I am not going to directly address it. People do get fed up with that kinda drama and leave......

Back in 2009 when I was a member first time around ......there seemed to be a lot more players willing to see the potential in a new player and play with them....... They need people who are willing to show them the ropes rather than just thrashing them to cook status so they leave.

I'm sure there is something a little incongruous about that first bit Apple .. but i take your point.

As to the change in culture regarding new players .. well i think there is perhaps some truth to what you say and that the greater assimilation of the clan system has turned the site in on itself. The initiated play in-house and the new ones just get farmed.
Saying that, I'm not sure there was ever a golden era when the old guard welcomed in the newboys and told them where they went wrong, there making it more tough to take their next points. Take on an obedient cook to lessen the points loss perhaps but rarely out of altruism.

Summary for Frito-Bandito:
jiminski wrote:...a little incongruous..
Captain jiminski

Postby niMic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:37 pm

DJPatrick wrote:Incoherent rambling

10/10 would mock again.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:55 pm

jiminski wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:....... I can only count that post as baiting again, so I am not going to directly address it. People do get fed up with that kinda drama and leave......

Back in 2009 when I was a member first time around ......there seemed to be a lot more players willing to see the potential in a new player and play with them....... They need people who are willing to show them the ropes rather than just thrashing them to cook status so they leave.

I'm sure there is something a little incongruous about that first bit Apple .. but i take your point.

As to the change in culture regarding new players .. well i think there is perhaps some truth to what you say and that the greater assimilation of the clan system has turned the site in on itself. The initiated play in-house and the new ones just get farmed.
Saying that, I'm not sure there was ever a golden era when the old guard welcomed in the newboys and told them where they went wrong, there making it more tough to take their next points. Take on an obedient cook to lessen the points loss perhaps but rarely out of altruism.

Well nah that's not what I am saying at all. I was never a dumb noob. I play strategy MMOs and such, so something like this while not a piece of cake, made sense to me. Rather than just farm me, a player or two who recognised I could strategise wanted to play with me. I dunno, it just seems that no one wants to get to know someone unless they have a high rank nowadays, even a newb with some skill. I feel that there was less farming back then as well. Certainly didn't notice it if there was.

Clans are the place to be nowadays. When a few clans approached me recently, I was like "why not." I want to become a better player, so that's the way to do it.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Qwert on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
Old members are always going to leave eventually, it's a natural circle. It's the new members who are the future of the site.

:( so its time for me to leave ? please give me just more time. new member are future, but before they come, i could stay a little more ,right?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 pm

qwert wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

:( so its time for me to leave ? please give me just more time. new member are future, but before they come, i could stay a little more ,right?

Any site needs new members coming in that will replace those that leave. XD. I don't think an old member is more important than a new person, that's how I feel. All members have equal importance and attracting new members is important, without them, numbers will keep declining. Anyway... that's my two cents. :-$
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fishydance on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
qwert wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

Any site needs new members coming in that will replace those that leave. XD. I don't think an old member is more important than a new person, that's how I feel. All members have equal importance and attracting new members is important, without them, numbers will keep declining. Anyway... that's my two cents. :-$

Which means old members are important too. When a member leaves, it is one person less. Doesn't matter how long they have been here. We'll keep you around for a while longer qwert :D
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Jingu on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I've recently threatened to leave .... over reacted on bad dice and got carried away ... soon after I was stripped of my premium (coincidence?) and accused of being a multi ... which I am most certainly not. That's all beside the point though, and more story than it's worth writing about ....

at the end of the day this site has its issues - like the dice algorithm's which are just too streaky (you expect streaks in random but not what you see here) but the positives are that there are lot of good people here that seem to really care about the site, and a lot of awesome maps to choose from.

I haven't been here long enough to see a decline (or an incline) but I can't see it going anywhere ... looks like lots of active map makers, and people willing to play them ...

So long as my premium doesn't get stolen (its being re-investigated) I will be sticking around and looking to move on with a cooler head.
Captain Jingu

Postby jiminski on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 am

fishydance wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
qwert wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

Which means old members are important too. When a member leaves, it is one person less. Doesn't matter how long they have been here. We'll keep you around for a while longer qwert :D

he does seem a crotchety old bugger though .. if he were a dog we'd take him for a long drive in a blindfold soaked in fox pee ;)
Captain jiminski

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 am

fishydance wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
qwert wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

Do we want to keep him?

Haha, just kidding qwert. <3
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion