Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 pm

iPhone or droid compatible and CC hits 100k + users.

The thing is it isnt too bad on an iPad, or iPhone at the moment. Taking the turns is a little tricky on the phone and would nt play speed or freestyle games on it. It does need improvement with how the map is viewed and controls handled. Data usage is actually quite small as is. And when I write gl it automatically inputs "go" so I look like an asshole sometimes, but in general it needs little improvement to be acceptable. The main thing is the presence to get people to see it and smooth funtionality.

I have loads of games on my phone and when you are linked up through those sites you already have a card linked up to them and you start spending money on them. CC could get loads of paying customers, loads of future conquerors and loads of dicks like me too I guess.

Right now there is a conquerclub app which basically signs you in so you don't need to push login and then slows everything slightly down by being an interfering step.

Then we will have a conquerclub all out war. That will be fun :lol:
Captain _sabotage_

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 pm

In game mode: (hide game heading to bring map flush with site heading)

1. Start turn button mid bottom of the map.
2. At the moment the controls are a little unwieldy with an iPad. Using the left and the right panels to improve troop control would make it a mobile game and not just a PC game. In doing so a way to match PC speed should be met in troop movement. This means more options spread over a larger distance in the right and left panels. Not the tiny buttons as for the PC site.

Small changes that could be used to make a mobile site.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby natty dread on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:48 am

_sabotage_ wrote:iPhone or android compatible and CC hits 100k + users.

ftfy.

no one uses iCrap anymore (except for hipsters, and we don't want hipsters here)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby TDK on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:01 am

Then you'll be disappointed to learn even the hipsters have moved to android...
Cadet TDK

Postby darth emperor on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Following this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103526 we can see:

Conquerclub $169,614 on 12/2009
Today $86,484

LandGrab $24,630 on 12/2009
Today $13,000

So the question is, till which point is CC's fault? maybe is just that Conquer games are not longer in trend.
I remember that at that time, facebook also had their own version. And I'm pretty sure you could find
few commercials of the board game called Risk.
Or maybe LandGrab is making the same mistakes as CC. I haven't been there, so I can't say anything about that site. Anyone can tell something of what's going there?

And following this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118810&p=2621358#p2621358

Conquerclub has improved from 7.3 on Jan 2010 to 7.5 today. But is not longer the first one....
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Gillipig on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm

darth emperor wrote:Following this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103526 we can see:

Conquerclub $169,614 on 12/2009
Today $86,484

LandGrab $24,630 on 12/2009
Today $13,000

So the question is, till which point is CC's fault? maybe is just that Conquer games are not longer in trend.
I remember that at that time, facebook also had their own version. And I'm pretty sure you could find
few commercials of the board game called Risk.
Or maybe LandGrab is making the same mistakes as CC. I haven't been there, so I can't say anything about that site. Anyone can tell something of what's going there?

And following this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118810&p=2621358#p2621358

Conquerclub has improved from 7.3 on Jan 2010 to 7.5 today. But is not longer the first one....

This is actually what I've been saying quite a long time. CC is not losing ground to other RISK inspired sites. It's still by far the best site of it's kind. But it needs to be competitive not just in respect to other pretty much identical sites in terms of theme, it also needs to stay competitive towards other strategy based gaming sites. And that it has completely failed at. Too few updates from the site owner the last four years (which on the internet is an eternity) has rendered it behind the curve.
The possibility that the decline is inveitable must also be seriously taken into account. But you can't say lack has done everything ha can to stay competitive. I'd say he's done everything to not stay competitive. It's only recently that we've started to see some improvements to the site. Far from enough improvements however.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:37 am

The computer brought us the Internet, tablets and 4g phones bring the Internet with us.

Hipsters, they deride. Well I'm a paying hipster. And I think zynga tried to go public for 20,000,000,000.00. And this site is worth a good years wage. To be honest, I wonder how these guys feed their kids from this site. Shit, the main guy is in Montreal and its fucking cold in winter there, if I read about some less fortunate tiny Tim there, I blame this sites decline.

Hipsters have droids and iPhones alike and I'm sure no one from Storm8 is worried about winter.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 am

TeeGee wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:15,541... up about 75 from last week.

15,543.. still going up

But now it's 15,131. Maybe the decline starts early this year. That would be sad lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 am

You know, perhaps we should stop this decline counting and get on with helping to ensure that CC stays alive.
There is a such a thing as a psychological effect...if people see a decline in numbers then no doubt it will lead to it occuring.
It is possible to talk something up also, so let's get on with it.
How about something happy. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Pirlo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:44 am

cairnswk wrote:You know, perhaps we should stop this decline counting and get on with helping to ensure that CC stays alive.
There is a such a thing as a psychological effect...if people see a decline in numbers then no doubt it will lead to it occuring.

this is like lying to your patient thinking it's better for his health. this needs to be faced not ignored.
Captain Pirlo

Postby tzor on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 am

cairnswk wrote:You know, perhaps we should stop this decline counting and get on with helping to ensure that CC stays alive.

It is more than a psychological effect. Any product biggest generator of new customers is the current customer base. Word of mouth (or words on a keyboard) does wonders. There is a share button on the left side of the screen. Have you used it lately? With Zynga falling faster than a rock through a black hole's event horizon, some little buzz on Facebook might attract a whole lot of new faces. The same is true for Twitter.

I'm going to hit the sumbit button before I hit the share, but that's just me. :D
Cadet tzor

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:24 am

If the majority of players would enter the forums this might be true. But most won't even see this. And those who do seems to be sticking around anyway. At least judging by those who post.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 am

tzor wrote:It is more than a psychological effect. Any product biggest generator of new customers is the current customer base. Word of mouth (or words on a keyboard) does wonders. There is a share button on the left side of the screen. Have you used it lately? With Zynga falling faster than a rock through a black hole's event horizon, some little buzz on Facebook might attract a whole lot of new faces. The same is true for Twitter.

I'm going to hit the sumbit button before I hit the share, but that's just me. :D

I agree. In any community there will be a steady slow number of people who leave... it's inevitable. The way to counteract this is by getting new people to join... it's why the military is still recruiting even though we're actually overmanned right now: because we KNOW that people will leave, and we need new people to fill in the empty ranks. The biggest problem is that people who don't know about the site will never join, so our efforts need to be directed at getting new blood to join, and getting old blood who had left (like me) to come back. In my case I joined while on deployment, then the firewall there blocked the site... by the time I'd gotten home I'd forgotten about CC. I only came back recently when I got that little email and was reminded that this place even existed.
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Pirlo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 am

fadedpsychosis wrote:The biggest problem is that people who don't know about the site will never join, so our efforts need to be directed at getting new blood to join

NO sir. this is not the biggest problem. not even close to be a big problem. we had like 600.000 tried this site, and the remaining people are +/- 15.000. The real problem is that people come and get confused or stuck in casual games (24 hours to get a turn) mainly with other new recruits, and most of them are like f*ck this shit, so they quit. even the few who intend to stay and accept the 24 hours part, the other deadbeats make this even harder for them.
Captain Pirlo

Postby greenoaks on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Gillipig wrote:

If the majority of players would enter the forums this might be true. But most won't even see this. And those who do seems to be sticking around anyway. At least judging by those who post.

it does have some effect.

most of the players in the forum are Premium. an overly negative forum will drive away customers, most of whom were prepared to pay to be here.

but i do agree with the opinion earlier that there is a lot of competition out there. new sites are popping up all the time.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Someone is going to have to wake up the owner at some point to make that happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 am

The owner will wake up when the numbers in his bank account gets close to zero. LOL.

Sometimes we just have to hit rock bottom before we realize that there is a problem. But that day won't be for quite some time yet. When you consider that there are 15,000 members, if just half of them pay for premium then that is 187,500 a year. I don't know about anyone else but I could live comfortably on that.

That figure does not include those cheats who buy back their accounts or pay for multiple accounts.
:lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 am

When did you guys stop caring about that the site is declining?
Must've been about a year ago for me. I'm surprised it's still here to be honest.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 pm

One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 am

Funkyterrance wrote:One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.

The "old gang" is never quite the same. A lot of that is perception. Ever notice how small the place is when you go back to see an old school you went to? Something old is never new again.

There's new gangs forming all the time, but of course they're "just not the same."
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby notyou2 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 am

Funkyterrance wrote:One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.

Gee, I wonder what killed their spirit.....vindictive perma-bans may have something to do with it.
Captain notyou2

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 am

Dukasaur wrote:

The "old gang" is never quite the same. A lot of that is perception. Ever notice how small the place is when you go back to see an old school you went to? Something old is never new again.

There's new gangs forming all the time, but of course they're "just not the same."

Dukasaur, I didn't mean to say that a lot of my old favourites weren't still here, just that something quieted a lot of people who still play but are not nearly as active. It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Edit: "Well at least old Dukasaur is still here!" (hope that suffices as a peace pipe) :mrgreen:
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 am

Well, Mr cairns, I wrote you a nice friendly pm saying "hi" after leaving cc for over a year and I didn't get a reply. What kind of psychological effect does this have on me, hmm? ;) It's a fine "how do you do". What better way to say: Bahh Humbug!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KingRat on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

I just read all 437 posts......

I can either poke myself in the eye with a sewing needle or go play another speed game.

God - you guys are depressing.
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Postby Pirlo on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:35 pm

KingRat wrote:I just read all 437 posts......

I can either poke myself in the eye with a sewing needle or go play another speed game.

God - you guys are depressing.

There are 473 posts before yours. you either have a math or typing problems! :D

Anyway, you must have enjoyed the posts much enough to keep reading em all until the end! :mrgreen:
Captain Pirlo

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion