Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby hmsps on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:44 am

Said it once will say it again, a great deal of 1 v 1 games are decided mainly by the unbalanced dice. ITs no fun playing speed games 1 v 1 anymore the dice streaks just spoil it. Give us even dice where tactics matter
Attachments
ct.jpg
ct.jpg (27.72 KiB) Viewed 2968 times
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:------YEAH...IN OTHER GAMES ..WE CAN NOW PLAY RISK... GOOD THING...I can't remember why I have been here all these years...WHEW! ...I can now play RISK....TAKE THAT CLASSIC MAP(ART/SHAPES)... :roll: ...Other maps along the same line... :D :D :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...I can see the line at the sign up page...It goes around the block and for miles and miles... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

--------I GUESS NO ONE READ THIS POST ON Aug.26th... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YEAH! LETS ALL PLAY SOME RISK.....OR WE CAN PLAY SOME RISK...I'M GUESSING GO FISH WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION... ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D :D :D
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 am

Attachments
dm.png
dm.png (57.51 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Army of GOD wrote:7933

Its still going up....
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:09 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:7933

Its still going up....

Here's hoping. Have been burned by short-lived rallies in late August before. We'll see if it keeps up.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Is any mod interested in editing Pirlo's original post and linking to my chart? That way it would be easy to find.
Attachments
ft.jpg
ft.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

this is way back from 2011... 17K seems like a dream...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Is any mod interested in editing Pirlo's original post and linking to my chart? That way it would be easy to find.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. If Pirlo was one of those long-vanished members that we're pretty sure isn't coming back, I would do it. However, Pirlo still makes an appearance every now and then, so I don't think he qualifies as vanished. I think you should write to him and ask his permission before we edit his post.

In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to just repost the link every month or two.

How often are you updating the data?
Attachments
hy.jpg
hy.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:41 am

Ok, so we answered the question about the decline.

New question, what can WE do as ourselves to improve this sight? Not mod's, not admins, not BW....US.

The Owens and the Caffeines and the AOG's, hmsps, Confederate, ect..... How can we improve this sight?

Why do people come to this sight? The ones that are here, why are we here? Why are we playing this game and what can we do to improve the experience of others to stay on this sight as well as bring on new members?

....new discussion topic?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 pm

jmyork82 wrote:Ok, so we answered the question about the decline.

New question, what can WE do as ourselves to improve this sight? Not mod's, not admins, not BW....US.

The Owens and the Caffeines and the AOG's, hmsps, Confederate, ect..... How can we improve this sight?

Why do people come to this sight? The ones that are here, why are we here? Why are we playing this game and what can we do to improve the experience of others to stay on this sight as well as bring on new members?

there is already a thread:
Subject: What can be done to reverse the decline?

also, if you go through this thread, there are tons of of ideas concerning your quirie... literally, you asked a question that is also being answered in this very thread... i am befuddled, but enjoy your enthusiasim... way to stay abreast of late breaking developments... the black jesus is amused...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 pm

owenshooter wrote:also, if you go through this thread, there are tons of of ideas concerning your quirie... literally, you asked a question that is also being answered in this very thread... i am befuddled, but enjoy your enthusiasim... way to stay abreast of late breaking developments... the black jesus is amused...-Jésus noir

This thread is 100 pages deep. I don't think many people have the time or desire to sift through that many posts.
Cook Butters1919

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:also, if you go through this thread, there are tons of of ideas concerning your quirie... literally, you asked a question that is also being answered in this very thread... i am befuddled, but enjoy your enthusiasim... way to stay abreast of late breaking developments... the black jesus is amused...-Jésus noir

This thread is 100 pages deep. I don't think many people have the time or desire to sift through that many posts.

sooo, i'm supposed to make some cliff notes for him? he's been a member since '09... i took a little offense to that post... to me, it implied that we are just bitching and tearing down... that isn't the case.. there are many well thought out ideas and solutions in this thread... if someone wants to do this dude's homework for him, that's cool, i'm just not that guy... thus, i gave him the redux thread about the same thing he asked in his post... regardless, this thread is dense with lots of good ideas, not just criticism...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:00 pm

owenshooter wrote:

there is already a thread:
Subject: What can be done to reverse the decline?

also, if you go through this thread, there are tons of of ideas concerning your quirie... literally, you asked a question that is also being answered in this very thread... i am befuddled, but enjoy your enthusiasim... way to stay abreast of late breaking developments... the black jesus is amused...-Jésus noir

lol, I appreciate the link to the thread. I will check to see how far that rabbit hole goes.

This thread just seems depressing because of the topic. It's probably because I really enjoy what this site has to offer and want to see it grow as opposed to decline. I know everybody here feels the same. From just skimming, it does come off as tearing down, but you're right, I have some homework to do. There is only so much forum I can absorb in one sitting. :)

Cheers Black Jesus!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:13 pm

jmyork82 wrote:Cheers Black Jesus!

the black jesus has given you great dice for the next 18.4 hours... i think i like you...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:20 pm

owenshooter wrote:

the black jesus has given you great dice for the next 18.4 hours... i think i like you...-Jésus noir

Sweet!! Time to go start some 8 player speed freestyle games while I still have time!!! :D
Attachments
klo.jpg
klo.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:36 pm

jmyork82 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Sweet!! Time to go start some 8 player speed freestyle games while I still have time!!! :D

ohhhh!!! did you play freestyle when it was huge?!! part of the suggestions in here deal with restoring the freestyle rules and trying to bring back that community that fled the site over night!!!
what do you think of that?-Jn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:52 pm

i played a couple for the hell of it way back when, but i stayed away for the most part. I just got my ass kicked since I was still fresh to the site. I did watch a lot of those games though. They were incredibly entertaining!

I pop in to that topic from time to time to see whats going on though. To be honest, I dont know what the rule change was that destroyed the dynamic. What did they do exactly to kill that style?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:sooo, i'm supposed to make some cliff notes for him? he's been a member since '09...

I don't think he asked you to do that, nor did anyone else… I was only pointing out the fact that someone may not want to dig through 100 pages of posts. Regardless, everyone is getting along, so no worries!
Cook Butters1919

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:18 pm

New question, How can we improve this sight?

----If you have been reading this thread on a regular basis. You would have seen some turn around ideas. As well,as The High Command.People,don't even want new things. People only ask,that somethings that were changed. Be put back. Among some other ideas to improve the site. But we get new advances,such as TIC TAC TOE. Yes, that will draw in the masses. Maybe just try and look at what brought people here in the first place. Before all the GREAT CHANGES TO MOVE FORWARD...ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...
----As for freestyle....I never played after my bronze medal. Was it that it went from 24 hours to 12 hours ,or something,after the first person took their turn in a round? I remember one player, joking he would put a rock on his keyboard. So after the first person of a round took their turn,it would be his...
Attachments
lp.jpg
lp.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 pm

-----Well jmyork82... I asked a question in another thread... This is the direction C.C. is heading in...
--------Nobody expects Tic Tac Toe to take the world by storm. As for Conquer and other games. There's NO EFFORT TO PUBLICIZE THEM. Because they are underwhelming. All that is needed is for THE FEW PEOPLE WHO STUMBLE UPON THEM TO PLAY A LITTLE BIT,so BW gets some feed back.
--------THERE'S NO NEED TO PUSH. A SLOW TRICKLE OF PEOPLE EXPLORING THEM IS PERFECTLY ADEQUATE FOR NOW.
----Alright, so would that be the few 8,000(rounded off) active members we have left. I thought the idea to move forward. Was to increase C.C. numbers to say...20k,30k? WHY WOULD THE HIGH COMMAND WANT TO PUBLICIZE ANYTHING THAT WOULD BRING IN NEW PEOPLE.
----HERE IS ONE MEMBER'S FEED BACK...I WILL NEVER PLAY OTHER GAMES...I AM HERE TO PLAY RISK...RISK...RISK...Sure I guess if other games are here for people to explore. That is o.k. also...HOW IS SOMEONE NEW CHECKING OUT THE HOME PAGE GOING TO STUMBLE UPON THIS GREAT IDEA? :roll:
----OR is torturing the 8,000 of the active members,with settings,advanced maps, secret changes... The better option? What if someone took a look at what made C.C. a thriving community OH!,so many years ago? I WONDER :?: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).... :D

Postby BrutalBob on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:33 am

hmsps wrote:Said it once will say it again, a great deal of 1 v 1 games are decided mainly by the unbalanced dice. ITs no fun playing speed games 1 v 1 anymore the dice streaks just spoil it. Give us even dice where tactics matter

I agree. I am going to pack it in again here soon because of the ridiculously long streaks of bad dice ruining numerous games. I know everyone says its random but in real life these patterns are unheard of.

I did some calculations and losing 3v1 five times in a row should happen about 4 in 1000, but I see this every second night. And 3v2 37% chance to kill 2, 70% to kill 2 or 1, but I get such long spells of lose, lose, lose. If I got 50-50 I would be ok.

I know statistically it all evens out, I can see my dice stats- but it ruins a whole game when at the start you lose 2 on the first 6 rolls in a row- theoretically a statistical oddity but in reality a common event.

To balance it up I have seen a few really unlikely winning streaks, but this is not the point. Then some other guy is annoyed because of my really lucky streak. Its not right.

Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby jmyork82 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Risk was never meant to be played as a 1v1 kind of game. I believe there is an advantage that goes to the attacker because of the third dice. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Point being, if you play 1v1 games as an accurate measure of competition in this game, you will be sorely disappointed. Polymorphic games should balance dice out on a 1v1. Even though this is not the topic for the discussion, dice issues is a pointless discussion. I have played enough CC to know that bad dice, as well as good dice is a part of the game. Even when I play a real game of risk, the dice will love you or f*ck you at any given moment. Dice complaints will always exist because of people's personalities, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 am

UI redesign is the biggest thing imo. Everything else is secondary.

The site looks like it was designed 10 years ago (protip: it actually was)
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:24 am

Army of GOD wrote:UI redesign is the biggest thing imo. Everything else is secondary.

The site looks like it was designed 10 years ago (protip: it actually was)

I joined 8 years ago and remember thinking it was sort of crap then.

As little bits have been tacked on it has exacerbated the problem
Attachments
qq.jpg
Clue: (Joker:5)https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=showclans1
qq.jpg (28.05 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Lieutenant BrutalBob

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion