Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 pm

TeeGee wrote:
We actually now have over 750,000 registered players. :shock:

And almost 1.7 million games! Wowzers Batman, I think we caught him!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:50 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:43 am

6929, down 70 in less then a werek.

We are in freefall mode

xroads wrote:and there is it, 6999.

400 players gone in the last 5 weeks alone.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:22 am

Summer is always when we dip, college students / HS going back home, working, older families going on vacation. Etc
The question is usually:

How far does it dip
How far does it recover in the fall

xroads wrote:6929, down 70 in less then a werek.

We are in freefall mode

xroads wrote:and there is it, 6999.

400 players gone in the last 5 weeks alone.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:20 am

I agree

but we also loose hard core people all the time too.

Lower lows & lower highs.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:21 am

xroads wrote:I agree

but we also loose hard core people all the time too.

Lower lows & lower highs.

Agreed, it took about a year to go from 8k to 7k, so it was (kinda) stable, but with a slow gradual decline this past year.
Although I've started tracking clan stats and info on players, active players, etc and the decline is not nearly as steep on those players

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 am

A good example.

Been in an 8 player game for going on 16 months. Long time player dead beated all his games
Major xroads

Postby lanceeee on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Come fall, we should have a recruiting drive. Free membership for a couple of months. More bonuses for existing members who invite other people. Make the buy in for the September monthly tournament 1 new recruit. Or something like 5 buy ins for a new recruit, 1 buy in for getting someone off the site for more than 2 months back on the site.

More tournaments for newbies only. There is one auto tournament for those with less than 5 games or something like that. That's not very much. Make some auto tournaments for those less than 20, less than 50, and less than 100 so they can be competitive until they can learn. And hopefully get hooked in the process.
Corporal lanceeee

Postby xroads on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:06 pm

6900, almost 1 an hour pace right now
Major xroads

Postby rockfist on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Give a medal to whoever brings the most new recruits each month...
Brigadier rockfist

Postby riskllama on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:51 pm

i think lanceee may be on to something with more freemium tourneys. maybe give the winners a taste of premium. at any rate, something must be done, and fast.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:13 am

- There are so many people out there that just don't know CC exists, So many retired people that know and have played Risk growing up but just have no idea this site exists. Maybe it's time BW creates a commercial on TV and or radio stations? How about more of Us getting the t-shirts with CC logo? If all dedicated existing members buy a CC T-shirt, maybe the money from that goes into better advertisement ? I'll start now and buy one! Can not ever let CC fall, I'll help any way I can, Im way too attached to all my close friends and fun I have here.

- Very sincere

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby lanceeee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:56 am

But what happens when they do join?

The play a game. Assuming they don't get slaughtered the 1st time by playing someone much more experienced, they think "this is great. Let me invite my friends. WTF? I can't create a game for me and my friends unless I pay $29? @#$@# that!" and they leave.

CC needs to give them a couple of months time to create private games or something like 20 games to create so that newbies can invite their friends and learn by playing with their friends. Then maybe a couple of them end up going premium.
Corporal lanceeee

Postby lanceeee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:02 am

Another idea, email the 750,000 users a deal like above to come back. Just because they left once does not mean they won't come back if we nudge them.

But since summer is the slow time, I'd wait until mid-Sept.
Corporal lanceeee

Postby xroads on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 am

If you cant keep the players you have, it isnt going to help bringing in newbs who end up getting slaughtered by experienced vultures looking for 5 points.

Especially when they venture out of the classic map & settings.
Major xroads

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:30 am

- How about we give freemium members the ability to create and invite? They will still only have a minimum number of wars to play, but they would be able to invite friends to a private war amongst themselves and learn?

- Gotta make something happen?

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 am

i still think owen may have been on to something regarding changing the freestyle rules back to whatever they were. according to him, CC lost a ton of members because of this.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby clangfield on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Maybe contacting all the people who left because of owen would bring in a fair few additions ;)
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:04 pm

clangfield wrote:Maybe contacting all the people who left because of owen would bring in a fair few additions ;)

couldn't hurt... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby pmac666 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:00 pm

no surprise many run away with the behavour of some long time members.........
Colonel pmac666

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:31 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- There are so many people out there that just don't know CC exists, So many retired people that know and have played Risk growing up but just have no idea this site exists. Maybe it's time BW creates a commercial on TV and or radio stations? How about more of Us getting the t-shirts with CC logo? If all dedicated existing members buy a CC T-shirt, maybe the money from that goes into better advertisement ? I'll start now and buy one! Can not ever let CC fall, I'll help any way I can, Im way too attached to all my close friends and fun I have here.

- Very sincere

-\MGM/-♎

-------I AGREE---If you go back ,so many pages ago....I said about the same thing.....It's a little late. Because ,THE BIG BANG THEORY is almost over... But have someone like Sheldon wear a Conquer Club Shirt....Or a Famous person...Like Tom Selleck ,who would wear a Detroit Tiger hat on Magnum P.I....
-------Also sell ads on maps...Like the owner of the Indians(in the movie Major League). Would sell ad space on the outfield walls. :D ...Like on the Classic Map...Snickers could be seen running across South America...etc...etc...LOTS OF AD SPACE ...BW... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D ...I miss the Conquer Club Store...I always wanted a "Kamchatka Shirt","C.C. coffee cup" or ,I don't think they had one...a "C.C. jacket".... :(
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:57 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- There are so many people out there that just don't know CC exists, So many retired people that know and have played Risk growing up but just have no idea this site exists. Maybe it's time BW creates a commercial on TV and or radio stations? How about more of Us getting the t-shirts with CC logo? If all dedicated existing members buy a CC T-shirt, maybe the money from that goes into better advertisement ? I'll start now and buy one! Can not ever let CC fall, I'll help any way I can, Im way too attached to all my close friends and fun I have here.

- Very sincere

-\MGM/-♎

-------I AGREE---If you go back ,so many pages ago....I said about the same thing.....It's a little late. Because ,THE BIG BANG THEORY is almost over... But have someone like Sheldon wear a Conquer Club Shirt....Or a Famous person...Like Tom Selleck ,who would wear a Detroit Tiger hat on Magnum P.I....
-------Also sell ads on maps...Like the owner of the Indians(in the movie Major League). Would sell ad space on the outfield walls. :D ...Like on the Classic Map...Snickers could be seen running across South America...etc...etc...LOTS OF AD SPACE ...BW... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D ...I miss the Conquer Club Store...I always wanted a "Kamchatka Shirt","C.C. coffee cup" or ,I don't think they had one...a "C.C. jacket".... :(

Suddenly, the silence became more oppressive. An SS officer had come in and, with him, the smell of the Angel of Death. We stared at his fleshy lips. He harangued us from the center of the barrack: “You are in a concentration camp. In Auschwitz.” A pause. He was observing the effect his words had produced. His face remains in my memory to this day. A tall man, in his thirties, crime written all over his forehead and his gaze. He looked at us as one would a pack of leprous dogs clinging to life

http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/elie-wiesel-first-day-auschwitz-1944/
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Symmetry wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:

- Very sincere

-\MGM/-♎

Suddenly, the silence became more oppressive. An SS officer had come in and, with him, the smell of the Angel of Death. We stared at his fleshy lips. He harangued us from the center of the barrack: “You are in a concentration camp. In Auschwitz.” A pause. He was observing the effect his words had produced. His face remains in my memory to this day. A tall man, in his thirties, crime written all over his forehead and his gaze. He looked at us as one would a pack of leprous dogs clinging to life

http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/elie-wiesel-first-day-auschwitz-1944/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
this, sym. this post right here. this is why pretty much everyone here can't stand you.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:43 pm

who wants cake?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion