Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:21 pm

I am sure this is just one of the things is doing to improve CC. See the current update - well implemented and focused on premium members.
Colonel Dako

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Medals are a meh. The BR is a good option, and looks to be well implemented. It won't help retention though, just an incentive to get premium. Retaining NRs is what I see as one of the largest issues.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Medals are a meh. The BR is a good option, and looks to be well implemented. It won't help retention though, just an incentive to get premium. Retaining NRs is what I see as one of the largest issues.

BINGO!
Captain Pirlo

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Dako wrote:We only know that they are working on search engine optimization so CC is higher in ranks when you search for some key words in google.

wow CC is doomed to fail...

There is ad from CC for quite some time on google, so CC is always first when it comes to searching "risk online" phrase(or variation of it). That can not be optimized more then it is now :D...

not really first:

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

DiM wrote:
GoranZ wrote:
Dako wrote:We only know that they are working on search engine optimization so CC is higher in ranks when you search for some key words in google.

There is ad from CC for quite some time on google, so CC is always first when it comes to searching "risk online" phrase(or variation of it). That can not be optimized more then it is now :D...

not really first:

it usually depends on the country.. google is somehow localized!

EDIT: If you are logged in to CC or already a user of CC, that helps making it first on the list. Google is so tricky and I work on it enough to figure out some tricks!
Captain Pirlo

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:56 pm

No, it depends on the data google has gathered about you. Google personalizes their search results based on what their algorithms think interests you most.

Every ad you see that is hosted by google (and there are a lot of them - google ad networks are very popular) gathers information about you and tracks you. They track your browsing behaviour, sites you visit, that sort of thing. And then they sell your information to advertisers and whoeve else wants to buy them. They also use them to personalize ads.

If you want to prevent google (and others) from gathering information about you, I recommend DNT+. It's kind of neat, it tells you how many people are trying to track you on each website. CC's total is 4 by the way (1 social network, 1 ad network, 2 other trackers).
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby GoranZ on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 pm

DiM wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

not really first:

hehehe... can u switch to www.google.com instead of www.google.ro. Nice difference rite(no Romanian keyword for now) ;)

Pirlo wrote:EDIT: If you are logged in to CC or already a user of CC, that helps making it first on the list. Google is so tricky and I work on it enough to figure out some tricks!

This is illegal(using variability of some old browsers IE6 predominately)... Unless I'm logged on CC with my google account(which is not possible for now) they should not know what I do on my other tabs(windows). But previous searches are cashed so they can change what is displayed in the results of new search...

P.S. There is no ad for bing.com...Although it is not as popular as google, it should not be neglected.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm

when i made that search i was logged on to CC on a different tab and that made no difference.
at the same time i was logged on to my gmail account (that's the email i used to register on CC), plus the amount of visits on CC far outnumber the number of visits on the other sites in that search and yet CC didn't come up first.
what's even more troublesome is that the competition (langrab/luxdelux) appeared higher in the results and that's something CC should not permit regardless of the fact that i use google.com .ro or whatever country.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Funny because when I used DiM's search term this is what I got:
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I get something very close to isaih, the competition is not before CC.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ahunda on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:18 am

Searching "Risk Online" on google.dk (Danish), CC is 9th, behind several competitor sites.

Searching "Risk Online" on google.de (German), CC is 18th and not even on page 1.
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 am

Searching "Risk Online" on google .ca (Canada) bring CC in the 5th spot
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 am

isaiah40 wrote:Searching "Risk Online" on google .ca (Canada) bring CC in the 5th spot

Why are you choosing google Canada as opposed to .com?
Captain notyou2

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:40 am

notyou2 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Searching "Risk Online" on google .ca (Canada) bring CC in the 5th spot

Why are you choosing google Canada as opposed to .com?

Country specific google search to show that in each country CC shows up with a different page rank. On google.com CC shows up #4, on .ca it shows up #5, adnyet it is the exact same search term.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 am

isaiah40 wrote:Funny because when I used DiM's search term this is what I got:
Click image to enlarge.

That is one of the problems there. Letsplayriskonline.com shows up above all, and it gives its highest rating to majcommand. Anyone who goes to P.O.R. and checks out the ratings will naturally follow the link to majcommand first.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 am

Dukasaur wrote:That is one of the problems there. Letsplayriskonline.com shows up above all, and it gives its highest rating to majcommand. Anyone who goes to P.O.R. and checks out the ratings will naturally follow the link to majcommand first.

This just goes to show that lack needs a new UI. Scrap that, lack needs to totally revamp the site, not just a couple of tweaks here and there.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Dako on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 am

For Russia CC is on the 2nd page.
Colonel Dako

Postby Frito Bandito on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:45 pm

The website is pretty weak on Google.

I don't know if their would be interest in really jazzing it up though, but I would be happy :D to offer my (and my company's) services. My commision rate is quite modest :oops:
Lieutenant Frito Bandito

Postby vodean on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 pm

if we all take the time to go on 10 different google versions, search "risk online" and click on CC once a day, CC will spring up the ranks in no time.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm

vodean wrote:if we all take the time to go on 10 different google versions, search "risk online" and click on CC once a day, CC will spring up the ranks in no time.

This is true. The more hits a site receives the higher in the rankings!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:35 pm

I imagine it doesn't help if the word "risk" is not one of the keywords used for any bot that visits...this may be done deliberately to avoid issues :idea:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Gillipig on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:02 am

isaiah40 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:That is one of the problems there. Letsplayriskonline.com shows up above all, and it gives its highest rating to majcommand. Anyone who goes to P.O.R. and checks out the ratings will naturally follow the link to majcommand first.

This just goes to show that lack needs a new UI. Scrap that, lack needs to totally revamp the site, not just a couple of tweaks here and there.

Upon reading the reviews I'm more tempted to visit landgrab than CC lol. The review is fair though. CC has a horrible interface! You can't go six years without giving a site a facelift! I'm surprised there are any if us left to discuss this when we have such an ugly site. We have pretty maps but an ugly site!
The problem with all the other sites is that they basically have none existing community. It's the hardest thing to build up and it's taken for granted by the owner of this site.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:22 am

To everyone's great surprise I can now report that we've hit a new low. 14433 souls.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Gillipig wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Upon reading the reviews I'm more tempted to visit landgrab than CC lol. The review is fair though. CC has a horrible interface! You can't go six years without giving a site a facelift! I'm surprised there are any if us left to discuss this when we have such an ugly site. We have pretty maps but an ugly site!
The problem with all the other sites is that they basically have none existing community. It's the hardest thing to build up and it's taken for granted by the owner of this site.

I keep hearing people saying this, but personally I prefer the interface here. I like things nice and neat. I don't mind nice graphics when they serve an elucidatory purpose, but unecessary graphics just for the sake of showing off really annoy me. Can't stand all those garish blotches of colour splashed all over majcommand. Looks like somebody is throwing paint cans at my face. Kinda scares me off the site.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby natty dread on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I keep hearing people saying this, but personally I prefer the interface here. I like things nice and neat. I don't mind nice graphics when they serve an elucidatory purpose, but unecessary graphics just for the sake of showing off really annoy me. Can't stand all those garish blotches of colour splashed all over majcommand. Looks like somebody is throwing paint cans at my face. Kinda scares me off the site.

interface != graphics
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion