Is CC Declining?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:41 pm

I always think the homepage is a bit crappy. There's a .gif doing its thing with poorly-scaled images from a couple of maps and an overall sense of overwhelmingness (wat) with all the different things happening, which might turn a few potential new players away.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Qwert on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:06 pm

i think that add twiter and facebook in home page,are wrong move,because you distract new people from main idea here.Actualy Lack advertise Twiter and Facebook,instead to focus on hes site. Before even implement these two advertise, never number of active player drop so low.
These is mine oppinion,maybe im wrong and maybe no>
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Yeah- again I know I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but the main attraction of this site is for people who like playing Risk. Fewer people play that game now, but the reason it was so succesful was that it was fun to play.

Most people who know me know that I've always been freemium, and that I stopped playing a while ago, while still posting in the community forums. One of the reasons I stopped playing was that the types of games grew distant from the basic game. It was increasingly hard to find a map that followed the basic tactics. And it was increasingly hard to find a set of rules that stuck to the basics.

Most new players here are likely to be confused. Fog of war rules, bombardment, speed games, instant victories? Join the site and you will lose your first game, not because you are bad at Risk, but because you have no idea how to play the map that players on this site created, and you don't know how the rules work.

You will lose points to those people, and your first experience will be a loss in ranking. Not the best introduction.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:28 pm

You make some decent points, though I disagree, or rather the heavy Risk emphasis was not necessarily by CC's choice. CC has become much, much more. If there is a problem, it is that by tying itself to Risk, folks can be dissappointed if that is what they seek.

I have LONG thought the maps needed to be differentiated by play better. I worked up a list, a few people liked it, but because it was not tied to Risk, (more or less), it met with opposition.

CC cannot be a "Risk" site. Hasbro won't allow it, AND it just is not necessary. CC has become much, much MUCH more. However, it does need to market what it IS better so that people who want what CC has will stay.

Gotta go, so that's it for now, will add more later.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:You make some decent points, though I disagree, or rather the heavy Risk emphasis was not necessarily by CC's choice. CC has become much, much more. If there is a problem, it is that by tying itself to Risk, folks can be dissappointed if that is what they seek.

I have LONG thought the maps needed to be differentiated by play better. I worked up a list, a few people liked it, but because it was not tied to Risk, (more or less), it met with opposition.

CC cannot be a "Risk" site. Hasbro won't allow it, AND it just is not necessary. CC has become much, much MUCH more. However, it does need to market what it IS better so that people who want what CC has will stay.

But that's how it started out, what it was based on. I appreciate the copyright problems, but the basic game mechanics are the same. I'm not sure if this is a relevant comparison or not, but it's as if this site based itself on chess, wants to attract people interested in chess, and then rewarded people who are good at that 3-D chess game on StarTrek.

I don't think that this needs to be Risk, just that it needs to be what worked. I find innovations on the site as interesting as anyone, but they usually add complexity to a game that was actually pretty successful and popular in its own right.

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm

But it's not like adding new features takes away from the risk aspect. You can still play classic map, esc spoils, no fog, etc... You can play classic settings, that is still an option. But if all they had was the classic settings, and only a few 'basic' maps, I bet you 75 percent of the CC population would get bored and leave much sooner than they leave now.. Sure you might get a few more people to join, but when people leave twice as fast as they are coming in, is it really worth it?
Corporal iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:But it's not like adding new features takes away from the risk aspect. You can still play classic map, esc spoils, no fog, etc... You can play classic settings, that is still an option. But if all they had was the classic settings, and only a few 'basic' maps, I bet you 75 percent of the CC population would get bored and leave much sooner than they leave now.. Sure you might get a few more people to join, but when people leave twice as fast as they are coming in, is it really worth it?

I think you're right, and that basically it comes down to how the site caters to new members vs how the site caters to established members. Attracting people to the site isn't enough if they won't stay.

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:You make some decent points, though I disagree, or rather the heavy Risk emphasis was not necessarily by CC's choice. CC has become much, much more. If there is a problem, it is that by tying itself to Risk, folks can be dissappointed if that is what they seek.

CC IS RISK. It's not even debatable. It's just a lot more complex and diverse than basic RISK.

Also, the colors on the whole site are kind of eye-dissolving.
Cook Army of GOD

Location: ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Symmetry wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:But it's not like adding new features takes away from the risk aspect. You can still play classic map, esc spoils, no fog, etc... You can play classic settings, that is still an option. But if all they had was the classic settings, and only a few 'basic' maps, I bet you 75 percent of the CC population would get bored and leave much sooner than they leave now.. Sure you might get a few more people to join, but when people leave twice as fast as they are coming in, is it really worth it?

I think you're right, and that basically it comes down to how the site caters to new members vs how the site caters to established members. Attracting people to the site isn't enough if they won't stay.

This is it. However, you also have to realize that any site like this is going to lose members in time. I have been here for a LONG time CC-wise (others have been here longer, but still...). That means I have "shown up" every single day for years. I did take a couple of breaks, definitely spend time in the forums, etc.

AND.. even though I came here for RISK, in fact found it through googling Risk... I have long since decided I much prefer AOR2, a lot of other maps. I really detest playing classic, particularly since its not really "classic' any more.

The thing is, CC HAS to change and grow. Holding onto "we are just Risk".. while a good baseline is not going to keep people here. People who will stay here are those who enjoy many different maps, not just thsoe who want to play classic.

What I DO dislike, extremely is the new rating system (total waste of time.. worse than nothing, as far as I am concerned.. and have said so basically from the time it changed) and some of the stuff that has gone on in the forums. I also think the emphasis on farming is off, though I am not saying we need a "free for all" on new players.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 pm

i don't think it matters too much if cc has 21 or 18 thousand members.

what i'd like to know is how many are premium? we pay for this site so are our numbers increasing, decreasing or stagnating?
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I think it's more interesting to have more people. at least games will fill faster. but the most thing I'm concerned of is the very high turnover of newcomers. if 2 out 5 newcomers would accept the fact that they have to wait one day to take the next turn, there's a big chance they will change mind and quit when they are put in a game with other 3 newcomers who choose to not come back again. why? because those 2 will have to wait days rather than hours until the leaving three deadbeat.
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:

CC seems to lack effective marketing in order to increase its growth. Why? I don't think they know what they're doing, OR they don't care, or maybe they're satisfied with the status quo, but have no idea what the long-term looks like.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 pm

ljex wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
assassin07 wrote:I feel that it is

I disagree. Sure while some have left, there is new blood flowing in. The 1st page is harder to get on than ever. This is a game where people can only play so long before they tire of it. With that said, CC is still fine even with a slight summer decline in people. It will start picking up again soon.

finally reconsidering your earlier statements that by like 6 months ago we would see majors on the front page again?

6 months ago it surely seemed like it. We were 30 points away I think? Now not even close.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

CC seems to lack effective marketing in order to increase its growth. Why? I don't think they know what they're doing, OR they don't care, or maybe they're satisfied with the status quo, but have no idea what the long-term looks like.

I feel like I remember some Team CC member saying lack doesn't like doing advertising.

I agree with PLAYER though. CC needs to expand the base of its foundation. I'm not really sure how it can be done, but like I said in the other thread, there are just so many people who like playing RISK.
Cook Army of GOD

Location: ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

http://apexwebgaming.com/news2/70246464/Interview-with-Developer-Lackattack

Lack sure makes it seem here that he wants to improve the site and attract more people but actions speak louder than words I guess.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 am

patrickaa317 wrote:http://apexwebgaming.com/news2/70246464/Interview-with-Developer-Lackattack

Lack sure makes it seem here that he wants to improve the site and attract more people but actions speak louder than words I guess.

Q: What was it like working full-time at a job, and then working on Conquer Club as a hobby?

It was so much fun, I felt like I had a double life - a programmer at McGill University's IT department by day and Webmaster of Conquer Club at night!

>a programmer at McGill University's IT department by day and Webmaster of Conquer Club at night!

>McGill University

I knew it! McGill University invented ConquerClub circa 2005!!! OH MOMENTOUS JOY< THE DEPTHS OF MY HEARTS HAVE UNRAVELED AND ARE NOW BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! AHHHH!!! AGGHGH!!!!!!1
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 am

Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I feel like I remember some Team CC member saying lack doesn't like doing advertising.

I agree with PLAYER though. CC needs to expand the base of its foundation. I'm not really sure how it can be done, but like I said in the other thread, there are just so many people who like playing RISK.

Marketing doesn't only entail advertising, but I think the main obstacle is that it's difficult to find and trust a marketing agency that would serve CC's purposes.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

Yes.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:http://apexwebgaming.com/news2/70246464/Interview-with-Developer-Lackattack

Q: What was it like working full-time at a job, and then working on Conquer Club as a hobby?

It was so much fun, I felt like I had a double life - a programmer at McGill University's IT department by day and Webmaster of Conquer Club at night!

>a programmer at McGill University's IT department by day and Webmaster of Conquer Club at night!

>McGill University

I knew it! McGill University invented ConquerClub circa 2005!!! OH MOMENTOUS JOY< THE DEPTHS OF MY HEARTS HAVE UNRAVELED AND ARE NOW BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! AHHHH!!! AGGHGH!!!!!!1

Yes, Conquer Club was created at McGill University in 2006.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Gilligan wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

>McGill University

Yes, Conquer Club was created at McGill University in 2006.

I'm afraid that your interruption of the ancient texts is incorrect.

Nothing can be created at McGill University because nothing is passive about McGill University.

As we all know, McGill University only invents in the active tense, but I'll grant you five points for that 2006 date.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby MrBenn on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

That interview is almost a straight copy from the CC newsletter from December 2010: viewtopic.php?f=430&t=133910
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby trevor33 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I've been on this site from the beginning, Ok I've taken a few long breaks (there's only so much risk you can play and i travel a lot) but I'm still here I think that says a lot about the site. Of course there is going to come a stage when the site peaks and declines a bit, it's completely natural in at online gaming site, it's a fickle world and nothing lasts forever. I think the site programmers can be proud of what they've achieved in the past soon to be 6 years.
Major trevor33

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 pm

trevor33 wrote:I've been on this site from the beginning, Ok I've taken a few long breaks (there's only so much risk you can play and i travel a lot) but I'm still here I think that says a lot about the site. Of course there is going to come a stage when the site peaks and declines a bit, it's completely natural in at online gaming site, it's a fickle world and nothing lasts forever. I think the site programmers can be proud of what they've achieved in the past soon to be 6 years.

There is no denying that the many of us who are in the forums and play, love playing or we wouldn't be here. We wouldn't be taking the time to try to make it better. We're just questioning whether or not CC is declining, which is a real question given some of the stats I've seen. While 18,000-20,000 players is quite a few, it should still be growing in my estimation. Something being used worldwide can be considered pretty small if only used by this few of people.

One 5-10 second commercial during a sporting event would be phenomenal. Just the hits and word of mouth from there would be amazing.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm

If, as that interview claims, this site is lackattack's full-time job...he's an abject failure.

That's not a statement about the site as it currently stands so much as a statement about what would appear to be the serious lack of working on it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 am

trevor33 wrote:I've been on this site from the beginning, Ok I've taken a few long breaks (there's only so much risk you can play and i travel a lot) but I'm still here I think that says a lot about the site. Of course there is going to come a stage when the site peaks and declines a bit, it's completely natural in at online gaming site, it's a fickle world and nothing lasts forever. I think the site programmers can be proud of what they've achieved in the past soon to be 6 years.

I dun think it's normal to peak then decline. I work as a web editor, and I also run my own site; as far as I can tell, declining is not acceptable.
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion