Is CC Declining?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm

cairnswk wrote:You know, perhaps we should stop this decline counting and get on with helping to ensure that CC stays alive.

Someone is going to have to wake up the owner at some point to make that happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 am

The owner will wake up when the numbers in his bank account gets close to zero. LOL.

Sometimes we just have to hit rock bottom before we realize that there is a problem. But that day won't be for quite some time yet. When you consider that there are 15,000 members, if just half of them pay for premium then that is 187,500 a year. I don't know about anyone else but I could live comfortably on that.

That figure does not include those cheats who buy back their accounts or pay for multiple accounts.
:lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 am

When did you guys stop caring about that the site is declining?
Must've been about a year ago for me. I'm surprised it's still here to be honest.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 pm

One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 am

Funkyterrance wrote:One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.

The "old gang" is never quite the same. A lot of that is perception. Ever notice how small the place is when you go back to see an old school you went to? Something old is never new again.

There's new gangs forming all the time, but of course they're "just not the same."
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby notyou2 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 am

Funkyterrance wrote:One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.

Gee, I wonder what killed their spirit.....vindictive perma-bans may have something to do with it.
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 am

Dukasaur wrote:

The "old gang" is never quite the same. A lot of that is perception. Ever notice how small the place is when you go back to see an old school you went to? Something old is never new again.

There's new gangs forming all the time, but of course they're "just not the same."

Dukasaur, I didn't mean to say that a lot of my old favourites weren't still here, just that something quieted a lot of people who still play but are not nearly as active. It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Edit: "Well at least old Dukasaur is still here!" (hope that suffices as a peace pipe) :mrgreen:
Colonel Funkyterrance

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 am

cairnswk wrote:You know, perhaps we should stop this decline counting and get on with helping to ensure that CC stays alive.
There is a such a thing as a psychological effect...if people see a decline in numbers then no doubt it will lead to it occuring.
It is possible to talk something up also, so let's get on with it.
How about something happy. :)

Well, Mr cairns, I wrote you a nice friendly pm saying "hi" after leaving cc for over a year and I didn't get a reply. What kind of psychological effect does this have on me, hmm? ;) It's a fine "how do you do". What better way to say: Bahh Humbug!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KingRat on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

I just read all 437 posts......

I can either poke myself in the eye with a sewing needle or go play another speed game.

God - you guys are depressing.
Highest Score: 3266

Sergeant KingRat

Medals: 62
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Pirlo on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:35 pm

KingRat wrote:I just read all 437 posts......

I can either poke myself in the eye with a sewing needle or go play another speed game.

There are 473 posts before yours. you either have a math or typing problems! :D

Anyway, you must have enjoyed the posts much enough to keep reading em all until the end! :mrgreen:
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Pirlo wrote:
KingRat wrote:I just read all 437 posts......

There are 473 posts before yours. you either have a math or typing problems! :D

Anyway, you must have enjoyed the posts much enough to keep reading em all until the end!
:mrgreen:

Or... dyslexia. And its not a laughing matter! :P
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Dukasaur, I didn't mean to say that a lot of my old favourites weren't still here, just that something quieted a lot of people who still play but are not nearly as active. It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Edit: "Well at least old Dukasaur is still here!" (hope that suffices as a peace pipe) :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I wasn't offended...:)

I was just trying to point out that it's part of "You Can't Get Home Again" Syndrome. Nothing seems as good the second time around, even if objectively speaking it hasn't changed much.

Now, there is an objective decline in activity on CC, that is undeniable. Membership is down something like 35 or 40% from its peak, and that's a big drop, no doubt about it. So that translates into less activity everywhere: there's fewer tournaments and they take longer to fill, there's fewer posts in the forums, there's fewer people to volunteer for stuff and in general there is less of everything. It's a real and serious problem, and I'm not discounting it. What I was trying to say, however, is that as bad as it is, people are viewing it through "YCGHA" Syndrome eyes, and bad as it is objectively, people are subjectively seeing it as even worse.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:39 pm

YCGHA is I take it similar to "the grass is greener somewhere else" attitude, only more of a "back in the good old days" look?

yeah, forget it, I'm going to go poke deadbeats with sharp sticks...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby capanache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 pm

17:30:55 ‹gigssy90› guys i just registered here and i wanna play now,how????

one case study that confirms some opinions, no one answered his call out for the record
Lieutenant capanache

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Player 1: Cc isn't what it was...
Player 2: No, and I'll tell you something else, It never was what it was!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Player 1: Cc isn't what it was...
Player 2: No, and I'll tell you something else, It never was what it was!

On a side note to what you were talking about is that I was in the background lurking for a long time.
I am the new old gang; only better looking.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Our survey says... YES!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

14641 now
I would bet quite a lot of money on that CC won't be around in a year from now. Enjoy it (Hah) while it lasts.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 am

Gillipig wrote:14641 now
I would bet quite a lot of money on that CC won't be around in a year from now. Enjoy it (Hah) while it lasts.

ITT: gillipg trolls

no one respond to him

0/10
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 am

Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

That's correct, you truly are no one.
Infact, I barely even saw you there bud.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

Perhaps, Gillipig is implying that AoG is actually many ones, or rather more than one. And this must be true for Army of GOD is indeed an Army, and GOD is in fact three persons.

AoG, I agree with Gillipig's assertion that you are more than one.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby notyou2 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

Perhaps, Gillipig is implying that AoG is actually many ones, or rather more than one. And this must be true for Army of GOD is indeed an Army, and GOD is in fact three persons.

I know he's short, but he is a multi-celled creature .
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Define, won't be around in a year from now.
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

IcePack wrote:

Define, won't be around in a year from now.

Exactly 365 days after Gillipig posted that, CC servers will be attacked by mangeese.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

You are way over thinking this one, BBS, you've got to consider the subject matter into your equation. I think he's just implying he's a loser. :-$
Colonel Funkyterrance

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion