(1) I just noticed the "groups" drop-down menu on my profile and I don't know what these are, but can I dump some but keep others? For instance, I'd like to stop being a member of "Registereds" but I want to keep "Newsletters."
Sadly, under the present regime all players and those who exist in the cc world have to be members of 'Registereds'. You can liken this to being a member of the 'Party' in real life, which of course my sources tell me you know much about. It would be unwise to try to leave 'Registereds' as this would necessitate deleting you from existence...once again somewhat akin to being a 'Party' member I s'pose.
(2) I've asked this before and never got a non-jargony answer - I am not receiving email on my CC email account from people who are not registered on CC. I get stuff in my inbox from other CC players fine but other friends and family aren't having their emails delivered. Does this have to do with my spam settings or something? How do I change them?
I understand your issue with this. I have often wondered why I am not receiving mail from people who are not registered on CC. However, I did work out that as with the first question, unless they are members of 'Registereds' they simply do not exist, therefore my external email and all those people who send mail to that address are simply a figment of my imagination. As you can imagine, this was quite a shock when I realised it as it also altered my perception of the Universe generally.
(3) If I click "Empty the Wall" on another users wall does that clear their wall or does it only clear the wall of my posts? I've been afraid to click this because I don't want to inadvertently clear someone's wall.
I would avoid clicking "Empty the Wall". I have it on good authority that this will automatically record in the powers of 'Registereds'. To date I have avoided the temptation to click as I am unaware of the subsequent consequences.
(4) In a game, when I type a "Note to Self" some people are reporting they're seeing them. I'm correctly formatting notes to self by placing them in brackets like this -
[sample text here]
- but, apparently, they are still sometimes showing in public chat. As you can imagine this has caused a lot of embarrassment for me.
This is simply the result of your thoughts and actions being tracked by the 'Registereds' inner circle. They will judge your actions even before you have thought of them, such is their power. they will then decide if your 'Notes to Self' are worthy of being hidden or exposed.
I may say, asking such questions in an open forum is brave of you. I salute your courage
Stop taking it all so seriously, none of us get out alive anyway