Conquer Club

Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligence?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Do you think your CC points score equals your intelligen

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 am

betiko wrote:first of all, we are all idiots because we spend too much time playing this game; and even more stupid to spend time reading silly things in forums.
1) Secondly, can anyone define intelligence? because we all know what is stupid, what is intelligent. 2) To be intelligent means to be above average in every aspect of intelligence, or can you be outstanding in certain aspects, and retarded in others? 3) Isn't rainman intellignet? 4) Is an uneducated person necesairly stupid?

1) sure
2) there are no different aspects of intelligence. simply put, intelligence is your ability to adjust to unknown situation.
3) no, he isnt. he doesnt have the ability to learn new things.
4) yes. intelligent person can be stupid. high intelligence will give you chance to learn new things faster then someone with low intelligence, but until you actually learn something, you are stupid. thus uneducated person is stupid by default.

btw, opposite of intelligent is unintelligent, not stupid...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Pirlo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 am

They are equal to my farming skills!

- PENIS!
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 am

freakns wrote:
betiko wrote:first of all, we are all idiots because we spend too much time playing this game; and even more stupid to spend time reading silly things in forums.
1) Secondly, can anyone define intelligence? because we all know what is stupid, what is intelligent. 2) To be intelligent means to be above average in every aspect of intelligence, or can you be outstanding in certain aspects, and retarded in others? 3) Isn't rainman intellignet? 4) Is an uneducated person necesairly stupid?

1) sure
2) there are no different aspects of intelligence. simply put, intelligence is your ability to adjust to unknown situation.
4) yes. intelligent person can be stupid. high intelligence will give you chance to learn new things faster then someone with low intelligence, but until you actually learn something, you are stupid. thus uneducated person is stupid by default.

2) i kind of like the definition, but I think it's wider. like the ability to go deeper than average on a certain subject, to synthetise information, to remember things and learn from them ect..
3) the ability to process complicated mathematical problems faster than a machine, or having a supra-human form of memory for gifted autists makes part of intelligence in my understanding
4) no; take a guy with very fast thinking, great sense of adaptation and psychology reading but uneducated because his life didn't give him access to it. you wouldn't call him unintelligent, just uneducated and smart.
Major betiko

Postby jammyjames on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 am

betiko wrote:
freakns wrote:

1) sure

2) i kind of like the definition, but I think it's wider. like the ability to go deeper than average on a certain subject, to synthetise information, to remember things and learn from them ect..
3) the ability to process complicated mathematical problems faster than a machine, or having a supra-human form of memory for gifted autists makes part of intelligence in my understanding
4) no; take a guy with very fast thinking, great sense of adaptation and psychology reading but uneducated because his life didn't give him access to it. you wouldn't call him unintelligent, just uneducated and smart.

+1

I was going to comment to much the same effect - just could not be bothered :lol:
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 pm

betiko wrote:
freakns wrote:

1) sure

2) i dont know how is it wider? there are no limitations on what average man can learn. its not like you can learn to add and subtract, but you cant learn how to solve differential equations. if you need to look further and deeper into things, then we talk about something we have never fully experienced, ie new thing. for example, if you show two kids square and put it through square hole, then give them circle, intelligent kid will figure out it should go to different hole while unintelligent will endlessly try to put square through circle hole... or in terms of CC, ppl will play same tactics over and over and over... and when they continue failing, they will blame rolls...
3) that still doesnt make him intelligent. if someone can process any math problem faster then computer, but dont know what to do with it, its not intelligence. if you know formula how to make cure for cancer, but you are unable to tell that formula to someone, or make cure, how is that knowledge useful to you or anyone else? or you can have 30cm in your pants, but if you cant get it up, im pretty sure no chick will call you a stud.
4) he can have 6th sense for all that i care, if he has no previous knowledge about something, he will be stupid. again, let put him among average high school students. show them basic integral operations and give them all integral to solve. he will never ever solve the integral, because he doesnt know how to add or multiply or subtract. he may solve first step of the problem before anyone else, but then he will tilt, because he have no experience of what to do next. rest might take a while to get over first obstacle, but once theyve solved first problem, rest will be easy to them... meaning that same person is stupid. he might be highly intelligent, but until he had some knowledge, he cant go further. he might be most gifted poet in the world, but until he learns to read and write, he will not be able to develop that talent.
Brigadier freakns

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 pm

highest score so far, wonder what that says about me?

Fun Hard Quiz
Captain redhawk92

Postby danryan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:highest score so far, wonder what that says about me?

Fun Hard Quiz

That you took the quiz twice?

Seul's at least was believable. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

danryan wrote:

Fun Hard Quiz

Seul's at least was believable. :lol:

nope first try :D
Captain redhawk92

Postby danryan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 pm

You're a certified internet genius then. Too bad about your rank.

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 pm

danryan wrote:You're a certified internet genius then. Too bad about your rank.

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
Brigadier freakns

Postby nippersean on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:I do believe CC points show ones intelligence. For example when I was at 2400 I few months ago I felt like I was something special, however, wen I dropped down to 1400 breifly I felt retarted. Luckily Im getting smarter agin and slowly climbing up in cc points agin.

dumbass
Brigadier nippersean

Postby nippersean on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:07 pm

TeeGee wrote:but where does that leave someone like me? Who has changed from playing games that gave me a 90%+ win rate to games that I have much less chance? (maps I am unsure of, less team games, teaming with ppl I have never teamed with before)..
It boils down to playing for the win, or playing for the fun of it. I stopped points chasing when lack told me I couldn't cash them in for $$.
as far as I am concerned, the scoreboard means very little these days

In the "not so smart" category
Brigadier nippersean

Postby danryan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

nippersean wrote:
TeeGee wrote:but where does that leave someone like me? Who has changed from playing games that gave me a 90%+ win rate to games that I have much less chance? (maps I am unsure of, less team games, teaming with ppl I have never teamed with before)..
It boils down to playing for the win, or playing for the fun of it. I stopped points chasing when lack told me I couldn't cash them in for $$.
as far as I am concerned, the scoreboard means very little these days

In the "not so smart" category

dan likes this post.

Nice one geezer.

Postby nippersean on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:
Robinette wrote:. . .Here at CC, the median score is about 1250, which is Corporal 1st Class.
. . .So this somewhat correlates with someone of average intelligence.

The problem that statement is it assumes people that play CC games' average intelligence corresponds to the regular world. I'd argue that:
-while there are several intelligent people that play CC, but. . .
-there are a LOT of intelligent people that don't waste their time playing games
-there are more stoners and derelicts playing CC than the average cross-section of human population

so saith GLG

Thanks for that thoughtful insight.
You speak for yerself big bruv, you're the smartest, those jealous haters it's dem trawlers / baiters dat dont unnerstand dat you's de best.

Of coose the biggest score on cc man's has the bigest brain and anyone that dont sea that is just jealuss fool
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

O M G, for once Nippersean makes a lil sense

FYI: scored 93.87% first time. . . like the gonorrhea cure response by LC the best.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm

freakns wrote:

yeah since you have a hundred less :lol:

you will have alot less when i get my random gold
Captain redhawk92

Postby Timminz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Impossible Quiz 2

16/20. Could have had 19/20 with Google's help.
Captain Timminz

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:27 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:
freakns wrote:

yeah since you have a hundred less :lol:

you will have alot less when i get my random gold

actually, i have about 700 more... also, i have bigger dick.
Brigadier freakns

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:09 pm

danryan has less

i disagree there
Captain redhawk92

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:56 pm

danryan wrote:

Fun Hard Quiz

He didn't. I reckon he just edited the gif url (see how I edited it to 8.8% on the pyramid). I say this because I got 20/20 (used google to research knowledge I didn't have such as the "rolling rock 33" thing... or checked the Eastern Hemisphere CC map to make sure New Zealand was east of Japan) and the result was more intelligent than 96-97%.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Rodion wrote:He didn't. I reckon he just edited the gif url (see how I edited it to 8.8% on the pyramid). I say this because I got 20/20 (used google to research knowledge I didn't have such as the "rolling rock 33" thing... or checked the Eastern Hemisphere CC map to make sure New Zealand was east of Japan) and the result was more intelligent than 96-97%.

Nevermind that. I did the test again and a 20/20 gives you a 99.5% gif.

Maybe the result changes based on how fast you complete the test? Or something?

EDIT: confirmed "time taken" is a variable after doing the same test a 3rd time.
General Rodion

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:24 pm

maybe im one the smartest guys on here?

is it that hard to believe?

my time on the test was 3:14
Captain redhawk92

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:37 pm

I think we can safely assume that most people on CC are intelligent with these results.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby redhawk92 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 pm

most people who are not smart that are on cc dont post in the forums

id say the average cook would not do so well on this test
Captain redhawk92

Postby QoH on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion