Can you really call it suicide, if...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Can you really call it suicide, if...

Postby oss spy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Okay, so I was playing a game and this person ran through a deadbeat player's line to get to me and break all of my bonuses (the game had been a four-way stalemate.) I broke his army and retook my land, and told him that if he attacked me again I would eliminate him. He said that I can suicide if I wanted to...but the funny thing is that I would have troops leftover. I just now eliminated him and I'm wondering: can you really call it suicide if someone instigates it and you successfully defeat them?
2012-04-05 19:05:58 - Eagle Orion: For the record, my supposed irrationality has kept me in the game well enough. Just in rather bizaare fashion.

2012-04-05 19:06:28 - nathanmoore04: Look at your troop count...
Corporal 1st Class oss spy

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Can you really call it suicide, if...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:37 am

No, and I wouldn't call it suicide if you diplomatically threaten someone to "not to do X; otherwise, full-scale counter-attack will occur."

Suiciding to me refers to that moment when someone gets frustrated and irrationally lashes out against someone, thus killing oneself in the process.
Suiciding can also refer to a moment when someone did something which you provoked yet feel a strong need to complain about it. "I can't believe that after I kept attacking you for no good reason, you would get annoyed, and then throw everything at me! SUICIDER!!!"
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Return to General Discussion