Conquer Club

Joining More than 1 of the Same Game

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Joining More than 1 of the Same Game

Postby QoH on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:26 am

Ok, so a while ago I put up about 10 AYBABTU 1v1 games and 5 or so Cricket games. I had a couple people join 2 games, both on the same map. When I asked one of them why they did it, they said it was to see if they could go first in at least 1 of those games. However, someone else joined 2 games, but they clearly went first in both of the games, getting basically perfect dice in both games. Maybe this is just me being pissed that I'm going to lose those 2 games where I didn't get to go first, and didn't even get a look at the foggy games, but is there any way of me being able to make sure people only join 1 of each game type I mass create? Or do I solve this by only putting 1 game up at a time?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Re: Joining More than 1 of the Same Game

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 am

Any mass game creation will probably at times lead to some repeat opponents. You could always try the route of Callouts, though you'll probably get less visibility there than a page full of public games.

When I create a bunch of games on the same map (relative to how many games I usually play in, mind you), I find if I adjust the settings slightly (changing only spoils or adding trench or fog), less repeat opponents have joined my games I think.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gabriel13 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 am

You will most likely always get repeats if you set up multiple games with the same map and setting. Sometimes I'll go and set up 20 Feudal War games, and I'll find myself playing the same play 5 or 6 times. If you're medal hunting, I would suggest foeing, but if you're not, then I would just set up one at a time. I also wouldn't set up a mass amount of 1v1 where the first player to go usually wins, which is why I play Feudal.
Cook Gabriel13

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 am

Surely if you want different opponents then you join/ create a tourney?

Set up multiple games on a map, which presumably you fancy your chances of winning on?, then expect someone who fancies their chances of beating you a few times to take up the spots.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby KraphtOne on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 pm

i foe fuckers that do it :0)
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Return to Conquer Club Discussion