Conquer Club

IT'S ABOUT TO FINALLY HAPPEN...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: 199 Victories... FINAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:
Made me guffaw...always a good thing.

Good luck with achieving your 200th win. Though I do worry you are setting yourself up for that most horrendous of eventualities: the extremely public failure. If you lose, one must assume you will create a new thread and no doubt many (not me of course...oh no) will desire to play. But what if you yet again crash and burn with the regularity that only standard escalating players can really achieve? Do you continue with the public thread? Do nasty trolls (not me of course...oh no) start naming you 'hospital case' Robinette? Do you become known as the 'girl who kept losing? I remember your 23 game losing streak. Who could forget it? I wept for you as much as I prayed for your gaming soul. The dice gods were not kind to you then and it was whispered - probably by my more zealous bretheren in the Order of the Naked Dice - that they punished you for your vanity, as well as your promotion of a standard game that has turned risk into but a glorified version of checkers.

Of your 3 remaining candidates may I suggest woodruff for cannon fodder and have the other two face off in a best of 3 on the most unsuitable settings you can find. My suggestion would be freestyle, standard, trench, no cards, fog on Hive.

It's good fun raining on a parade isn't it Mr.? ;)

The name is Changsha. Mr Ching Chong Chop Sooki Karate Changsha. Which means Mr 'in the land of the bloated panda one can never find a matching pair of chopsticks'.

We here in China understand the dangers of a self-inflicted public humiliation. It is all very well being the best at maths, but when one has lingered at the bottom of the global penile average tables for 5000 years one understands the desperate misery of unzipping oneself for public consumption.

For the slow ones at the back, in this analogy Robinette is the penis, the zipper is standard escalating risk while maths has always been and will continue to be a public humiliation.

Interestingly and amazingly also true, while I have a nicely slim 32 inch waist my underwear size here is EXTRA LARGE. This is but one of the many reasons why living in china is tops.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:04 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
The name is Changsha. Mr Ching Chong Chop Sooki Karate Changsha. Which means Mr 'in the land of the bloated panda one can never find a matching pair of chopsticks'.

We here in China understand the dangers of a self-inflicted public humiliation. It is all very well being the best at maths, but when one has lingered at the bottom of the global penile average tables for 5000 years one understands the desperate misery of unzipping oneself for public consumption.

For the slow ones at the back, in this analogy Robinette is the penis, the zipper is standard escalating risk while maths has always been and will continue to be a public humiliation.

Interestingly and amazingly also true, while I have a nicely slim 32 inch waist my underwear size here is EXTRA LARGE. This is but one of the many reasons why living in china is tops.

Very clever.
However, It makes one ponder on the onion that is Mr. Changsha. if one were to decide to cook you in chop-suey would they peel off the shiny yet decidedly worthless outer skin, sink the blade through and exclaim "Shit, this one rotten!"?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: 199 Victories... WE NEED TO BUMP SOMEBODY

Postby Janomike on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 am

Hmmm will be hard for me as i have no fan group behind me.

Guess i will just have to vote for me then :)

To play or not,
we need a decision.
I want to win,
this is my mission.
Vote for me,
i need some love.
You will be rewarded
from the heaven above.

O:)
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Trailman on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 am

i suggest janomike to play

trailman
Captain Trailman

Postby Robinette on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:.......... Though I do worry you are setting yourself up for that most horrendous of eventualities: the extremely public failure. If you lose, one must assume you will create a new thread and no doubt many (not me of course...oh no) will desire to play. But what if you yet again crash and burn with the regularity that only standard escalating players can really achieve? Do you continue with the public thread? Do nasty trolls (not me of course...oh no) start naming you 'hospital case' Robinette? Do you become known as the 'girl who kept losing? I remember your 23 game losing streak. Who could forget it? I wept for you as much as I prayed for your gaming soul. The dice gods were not kind to you then and it was whispered - probably by my more zealous bretheren in the Order of the Naked Dice - that they punished you for your vanity, as well as your promotion of a standard game that has turned risk into but a glorified version of checkers..........

Ahhhh... the big 23 losses... nice of you to remember the specific number, lol...
That was a long dark winter... but eventually, spring, however tardy, did return.

Of course, those 23 losses were flanked by wins, so that counts for something... ;)

The point you make is valid to be sure,
but I do not fear defeat, nor even consecutive defeats...
for it is not the final result that i so strongly desire,
nay, rather the weaving and the complexity and the twists to which the crescendo of those final rounds are revealed...

oh, and the chat... naturally, this game should have some delightful chat as well...
8-)
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Robinette on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Okay, I have received endorsements for all three...
so there appears to be only one way to settle this...

ROUND ONE...

Contestant number 1... Janomike, what was your favorite Halloween costume, and why?

Contestant number 2... Fruitcake, if you could have dinner with any person from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would it be, and why?

Contestant number 3... Victor Sullivan, if you could be invisible, where would you go and what would you do?
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm confused....it seems that Robinette is the pasty-looking Scottish chap in the middle, fruitcake is the desperate chick and the other two are flanking Robinette?

Right?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Question to Robinette: Why one earth would a Scottish person ever expose their chest in a televisual setting?

I believe there are ancient, if perfectly reasonable laws against that, dating back to the signing of the magna carta and involving arrows shot from the top of York castle?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:55 pm

LOL!
Ok, I'm just going to sit back and watch Casanova, AKA Sully, blow them out of the water (Sully is the one on the far right btw).
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 am

I've already sent a strongly worded complaint to the global moderators in protest against Robinette flaunting Scottish nipples in the GD forum. Bizarrely the more I zoomed in, the more outraged I became. Finally, I found myself with my nose a cm from the screen and my fury against Scottish nipples was so great that I actually had to take my trousers off.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Janomike on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 am

Just to clarify it, im the guy in the middle of your pic. A bit taller and with a little belly but the colour of the skin is exactly mine unfortunatly.

The question is a bit hard to answer for me as we dont really celebrate halloween in austria.

But we do celebrate carnival where we wear costumes. I dont like to wear custumes at all
but i love to wear traditional clothes like a "Lederhosen" for example.

Robinette wrote:.

Okay, I have received endorsements for all three...
so there appears to be only one way to settle this...

ROUND ONE...

Contestant number 1... Janomike, what was your favorite Halloween costume, and why?

Contestant number 2... Fruitcake, if you could have dinner with any person from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would it be, and why?

Contestant number 3... Victor Sullivan, if you could be invisible, where would you go and what would you do?
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Seulessliathan on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 am

Janomike wrote:But we do celebrate carnival where we wear costumes. I dont like to wear custumes at all

Obviously you are new here, otherwise you wouldnĀ“t dare to post that sentence.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby pickleofdoom on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Dont pick that kitten. I have played with it before. It will miss two turns then come back and dump all its armies in australia and suicide them all the following turn.
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Janomike wrote:Just to clarify it, im the guy in the middle of your pic. A bit taller and with a little belly but the colour of the skin is exactly mine unfortunatly.

The question is a bit hard to answer for me as we dont really celebrate halloween in austria.

But we do celebrate carnival where we wear costumes. I dont like to wear custumes at all

Oops!
Looks like someone pulled a boner...
I think anyone who is comfortable wearing lederhosen is OK. In fact, I am somewhat envious that I have never had the opportunity to indulge in what must be a very masculine rush indeed.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 am

Lederhosen wins.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Robinette on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Lederhosen wins.

--Andy

hahaha.... it would appear so...
but we shall give the other two one more day to respond...
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Janomike on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 am

Oh Robinette im afraid you will always find someone better if you just wait long enough.

But believe me Mr. Right is an illusion. Take me, im almost Mr. Right anyway O:)

I might not be a brave young knight
but im almost Mr. Right.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Robinette on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 pm

REVISED

FIVE OF THE SIX SEATS ARE LOCKED IN

WOODRUFF

SQUISHYG

TRINICARDINAL

ROBINETTE

JANOMIKE

WHICH MEANS THERE IS JUST ONE SEAT LEFT TO FILL,
from the list of 2 below...

FRUITCAKE
Fruitcake wrote:I would like to join this party for one simple inescapable reason.

Whenever one is seated across from Robin, one is always assured of a very strong opposition. It is by playing such games that one hones the skills required to win more.

VICTOR SULLIVAN
Victor Sullivan wrote:Personally, Robinette, I think you have one of the most difficult medals to achieve in all of Conquer Club: your specific General Contribution medal. No one can even attempt to fill the slot you'd leave empty, should you ever leave. How can an institution stay standing if its foundation gives out? How can a daisy show its petals in the spring if it has no roots to absorb the nutrients it needs? It takes a certain kind of person to have such an impact with no tools.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if I deserve to be in your game. You should have your game be a game for those that have contributed as you have, like AndyDufresne, Woodruff, and Fruitcake.

I'm just the Newsletter guy.
-Sully

At this point it's just like real life...
Where 80% of success is just showing up!
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Allow me to premise this with my sincere apologies. Work had me busy Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and I had a lot of scheduled hangouts with friends and family on Saturday and some Sunday.

Robinette wrote:Contestant number 3... Victor Sullivan, if you could be invisible, where would you go and what would you do?

Well, it all depends on how exactly this invisibility works. Do my clothes get to be invisible too? I'm somewhat of what one might call a (I think the term is) "Never Nude". I like my buttons buttoned and my zippers zipped.

Reminds me of a book I read a long time ago now, called "Things Not Seen":

Decent read; it's more of a middle-to-high school-level read, but I still enjoyed it. Of course, in my case, I'm a 54-year-old man... I feel like that would be unsettling to most people. Imagine the problems if I were a pedophile! Yeesh... *shudders*

And am I allowed to 'toggle' this ability? It'd be kind of difficult to teach a class invisible... I'd have to bundle up in non-invisible garments or something. Gosh, that would be a hassle.

I think I'd have some fun with it, though. I don't think I'd do anything illegal; my conscience is too fragile; I don't think it could take it. Maybe I'd be the ghost of a math professor that was stabbed by a student not long after the community college I work at was founded in the late 1800s - Professor Heisenberg. They say when he was stabbed, he was working on Fermat's Last Theorem, and sometimes you'll find him late at night in his old classroom writing on the chalkboard various equations and proof lines, still trying to prove Fermat's Last Theorem (poor soul never read a newspaper circa June 1993 - May 1995). Sometimes, during finals, you can hear him whispering the answers to problems on the exam...

As you can tell, I'm not the most imaginative person... I feel like invisibility would be one of those things that I'd use infrequently for various convenient uses. Like when you're completely embarrassed, *poof* Where'd you go? To deal with your shame elsewhere instead of in front of insensitive numbskulls. Magnificent exit? *poof* Done.

Oh, oh! I got it. I'd use it to roam around the room during exams to see if there are any cheaters in the room. Busted. Or I could use it to creep out cops when they pull me over for speeding to find that no one is driving the car. Or, or I could use it to have a sleepover at Target. Imagine. I always thought it would be cool to do something like that as a kid. You could do so many things in a Target...

Truthfully, I think I'd be better off seen. It's probably better that I be held accountable. Every action needs an appropriate consequence.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: 199 Victories... FINAL CALL

Postby Robinette on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 am

Sorry Contestant number 2... you're out

Contestant number 3... Victor Sullivan, what's your favorite childhood memory?

Contestant number 1... Janomike, if your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you?
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 am

Robinette wrote:Contestant number 3... Victor Sullivan, what's your favorite childhood memory?

Ooh, that's a tough question. When I was growing up in the late 1600s, I remember sticking it out through one of the roughest winters Jamestown ever saw...

*chuckle* Just kidding :mrgreen:

Well, when I was young, me and two other kids on my block would always hang out with each other. We were like a poster trio for some kids television sitcom or something, because I was white, one of my friends (we'll call him "Duke") was half-asian, half-white, and the other friend (we'll call him "Siege") was half-black, half-white. And it was funny because Duke was the tallest and Siege was the shortest.

Anywho, so we didn't have much in the way of entertainment back in those days, so we would occupy ourselves with the strangest things. One thing we would do was make up our own commercials. It was awesome, too, because it was almost entirely improvised. Some great ones included "The Boring Double Feature", "Bob, the Lightbulb Shop Guy", and "Burnt Toast Cereal". I think my favorite, though, was one Siege and I did called "Bob and Dewinchi - The Lawyer People". We had our own phone number (1-800-DONT-CALL-US) and jingle. I don't quite remember the jingle now, but it simultaneously advertised us and discredited us. It was pretty great.

Some other things we would do were make "soup" for my dog, Winston (which was basically water in a bucket with whatever we found around the yard and neighborhood, including leaves, pinecones, grass, dandelions, clover, and pine-needles), playing the classic "hide-and-go-seek", daring each other to go into a shed that we thought was inhabited by a creepy old man, digging holes in Siege's yard looking for dinosaur bones, and playing pretend (like pretending to be superheros or The Archies).

The greatest thing is that I still hangout with those two (I see Duke a lot, Siege less). We frequently reminisce about the old days. Savor your days as a kid, otherwise, before you know it, you'll wake up with a full head of grey hair (or none at all, ha).

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm

The last few posts only further enforce why Victor Sullivan is a "Sully" and not a "Vic" lol.
Btw, I vote for Sully. Janomike seems like a nice guy as well, though. In fact, I think Janomike and Sully should just ditch the whole thing, leave the studio and head to the nearest bar for a pint. Robinette, nervously shuffling her index cards: "Ehhehe, well it looks like the winner is... Fruitcake! Wait, where did he go?" *lights in studio start shutting down*.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Janomike on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Ok funky, join us in the bar and i pay the first round of pints!!!

Funkyterrance wrote:The last few posts only further enforce why Victor Sullivan is a "Sully" and not a "Vic" lol.
Btw, I vote for Sully. Janomike seems like a nice guy as well, though. In fact, I think Janomike and Sully should just ditch the whole thing, leave the studio and head to the nearest bar for a pint. Robinette, nervously shuffling her index cards: "Ehhehe, well it looks like the winner is... Fruitcake! Wait, where did he go?" *lights in studio start shutting down*.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Robinette on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:The last few posts only further enforce why Victor Sullivan is a "Sully" and not a "Vic" lol.

hahaha... that was funny... i could actually see all of it happening... yes, I said "ALL OF IT"...

but Janomike and Sully have already been given the part...
The game has begun...

Besides... if you'll re-"read the fine details of the contest, you'll swear you saw something about employees and their family members being unable to participate"...

^^^ that was cute, huh? ^^^ ;)
Brigadier Robinette

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion