IT'S ABOUT TO FINALLY HAPPEN...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall...

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Robinette wrote:.

I just noticed that I am but ONE away from celebrating my 200th victory! =D>

Are you among the 539 unique individuals that i have killed on the battlefield?

If not, are you among those that secretly wish to experience those 50 shades of death by Robinette?

Perhaps you don't know me, or perhaps you aren't even aware of my omnipotent awesomeness...

Whatever the case may be, please treat this thread like my souvenir yearbook,
which i am making available for all to comment in...

Also, I plan to invite the 5 best responses to join me in a 6p std esc game...
Perhaps the very game that will lead to that elusive 200th victory!

And then, once i do hit that 200th victory, it will be time to select a new avatar...
but we will save that for another thread O:)


(definitely stolen from one of my favorite movies)...

Woodruff: I'll ride in his place.
Robinette: What's your name, Woodruff? I'm asking you Woodruff Thatcher, to answer me with your name? It's not Sir Woodruff. It's not Captain, or Major or Brigadier Woodruff. It's certainly not Conqueror Woodruff.
Woodruff: I'm aware of that.
Robinette: You have to be of noble birth to compete!
Woodruff: A detail. The landscape is points. Do you want to gain them or don't you?
Robinette: If the nobles find out who you are there'll be the devil to pay.
Woodruff: Then pray that they don't.

My Ringside Announcer: You are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle. In Greece, he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more adieu, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Woodruff!

I shall save one of my four spots (soon to be available, may not apply to your area, must be present to win) in the great hope to be selected for this tremendous honor and privilege!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall...

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Looks like you're going to be playing woodruff.
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall...

Postby Robinette on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Bravo Woodruff... bravo..
You are, thus far, the best (and nearly only) reply...


Robinette: I demand poetry, and when I want it, and I want it now.
Woodruff: Your breasts... they're beneath your throat.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall...

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:34 am

Robinette wrote:Robinette: I demand poetry, and when I want it, and I want it now.
Woodruff: Your breasts... they're beneath your throat.


You recognize it! I do love that movie. <laughing>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Clearly...everyone fears me.

Guys, the thing about the Turkish uncle? Ok, so she wasn't really a virgin...and he wasn't really her uncle. He was just some local shopkeeper and she was the local streetwalker. And the year learning about the whisper? Well, see I caught the croup, so it was really painful for me to talk for quite a long time. Not really a year, I suppose. But you know, I pay that ringside announcer pretty well, and you must admit, he does quite the bang-up job!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 pm

we have never played....lets dance? I love you?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby _sabotage_ on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 am

Congrats.

I would try to stain this yearbook with shades of rouge yet unknown to thy virgin trough, but have become a freemium and moor like am left with but four slots to fill.

BTW, it seems that someone is using your name and photo on a similar site, and doing better than you, :roll:
User avatar
Corporal _sabotage_
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall...

Postby Robinette on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Looks like you're going to be playing woodruff.


There are 6 seats at this game table...

while i had hoped only the wittiest would be invited,
so far, this would include you, :o
simply because you have posted SOMETHING... :-s
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 am

Would love an invite to that game! =)
Image
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
User avatar
Major Viceroy63
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 pm
Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Robinette on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Congrats.

I would try to stain this yearbook with shades of rouge yet unknown to thy virgin trough, but have become a freemium and moor like am left with but four slots to fill.

BTW, it seems that someone is using your name and photo on a similar site, and doing better than you, :roll:


Four slots, they are more than God designed...
but I too don the silver, electing to put aside the shiny gold attire...


BTW, that copycat to which you refer,
on said site not yet overcrowded with point farmers,
allows ones alter ego to be as busy and fruitful as desired...
But on this site, 4th did i once reach, and to the # 2 over there.
But expected it is for this to drop,
as the scoreboard there slowly loses it's meaning,
as it did here long ago...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Robinette on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:02 am

Viceroy63 wrote:Would love an invite to that game! =)


At this moment in time, you are only the 5th to respond in this thread...
I plan to invite the 5 best responses

Lord knows I am hoping for more, lol...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 am

Woodruff wrote:Clearly...everyone fears me.


While that is an interesting postulation I would endeavour to explain that it is far more likely that everyone else is utterly terrified to face someone who has managed to sustain a 5.0 rating whether from playing mostly private games with cronies (only on Modays to noon on Fridays), posting of numerous images in all sorts of threads in the Forums (not only limited to NSFW ones) has played in games that are the highest rated ever (only 5 star players) *shudder* or quite frankly they are like me and just so utterly terrified of special dice hacks that they do not want to come within shouting distance of such a game as the one being proposed in this thread. Then again they may simply not be posting here because they are waiting to see if this thread will be moved to Callouts instead :lol:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am

trinicardinal wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Clearly...everyone fears me.


While that is an interesting postulation I would endeavour to explain that it is far more likely that everyone else is utterly terrified to face someone who has managed to sustain a 5.0 rating whether from playing mostly private games with cronies (only on Modays to noon on Fridays), posting of numerous images in all sorts of threads in the Forums (not only limited to NSFW ones) has played in games that are the highest rated ever (only 5 star players) *shudder* or quite frankly they are like me and just so utterly terrified of special dice hacks that they do not want to come within shouting distance of such a game as the one being proposed in this thread. Then again they may simply not be posting here because they are waiting to see if this thread will be moved to Callouts instead :lol:


I said..."Clearly, everyone fears me!" and I don't need your meddlesome excuses around here. Good day, sir!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:56 am

Robinette wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:Congrats.

I would try to stain this yearbook with shades of rouge yet unknown to thy virgin trough, but have become a freemium and moor like am left with but four slots to fill.

BTW, it seems that someone is using your name and photo on a similar site, and doing better than you, :roll:


Four slots, they are more than God designed...
but I too don the silver, electing to put aside the shiny gold attire...


BTW, that copycat to which you refer,
on said site not yet overcrowded with point farmers,
allows ones alter ego to be as busy and fruitful as desired...
But on this site, 4th did i once reach, and to the # 2 over there.
But expected it is for this to drop,
as the scoreboard there slowly loses it's meaning,
as it did here long ago...


Huzzah!
Oh, my mistake, I thought I was at a Ren-Fest there for a moment...
Doth either of you two have any leather mugs that I may feast my eyes upon and perhaps procure?
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Robinette wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:Would love an invite to that game! =)


At this moment in time, you are only the 5th to respond in this thread...
I plan to invite the 5 best responses

Lord knows I am hoping for more, lol...


Well then, I promise you that if you invite me to that game, that I will partake in game chat with every fiber of my witticism and every ounce of my humor. With every nuance of my intellect and no crevice of my being unveiled. LOL.

Except the really private stuff. :lol:
Image
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
User avatar
Major Viceroy63
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 pm
Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Guys, stop sounding so much like you're trying to get into her pants ffs. You're acting like a bunch of slobbering greasy fazeeks.

(Except for woodruff, you're cool)
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Gillipig on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Guys, stop sounding so much like you're trying to get into his pants ffs. You're acting like a bunch of slobbering greasy fazeeks.

(Except for woodruff, you're cool)


Fixed :).

And yes I agree, I'm still waiting for someone to ask if falling down from heaven hurt :roll: .
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Guys, stop sounding so much like you're trying to get into his pants ffs. You're acting like a bunch of slobbering greasy fazeeks.

(Except for woodruff, you're cool)


Fixed :).

And yes I agree, I'm still waiting for someone to ask if falling down from heaven hurt :roll: .


So did falling from Heaven hurt? cos you still have a long trip down from here.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

BOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIING!!!!!!

(I SAID "GOOD DAY, SIR!")
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Woodruff wrote:BOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIING!!!!!!

(I SAID "GOOD DAY, SIR!")


Is this directed at anyone in particular? :|
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Woodruff wrote:BOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIING!!!!!!

(I SAID "GOOD DAY, SIR!")


Is this directed at anyone in particular? :|


No. And then yes.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Dibbun on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 pm

My lady Robinette,

Good day, I hope you are well. I write this in transit, between planes
of reality, in the veritable ether where contingencies converge like
spiderwebs. What can be created? What is obsolete? How to pursue the
tremendous unifying equation of absolute efficiency?

To build a better mousetrap, that's what was done. This is what we
study, how the magnetic properties of enlightened people attracted the
ingots of knowledge and wisdom. How they applied these ferrous shards!
A mosaic of majestic scope, to confound the globe for ages after, what
do we study, how do we know how it was done?

Was it the tactics? To utilize the same grip on the gouge as
Michelangelo will produce another David? To grasp the formulaic
intricacies of geometric perspective theory can make you as Cimabue?

Was it the logistics? We must then have the correct proportions of
materials, sufficient political intrigue mixed with a desire for
redemption and a healthy dose of torture thrown in, then we will get a
treatise like The Prince!

Was it the diplomacy? Patronage, my liege, that must be the answer! To
integrate the social classes will produce grand juxtaposing
complementary vacuums, and let the abhorrence of nature do the rest!
The unskilled wealthy will grant their favor to skilled labor in
return for grand works....

Or was it the strategy? We are running out of options, this must be
it... Were social planners behind the whole shebang, manipulating the
social construct from above to institutionalize meaningful operant
conditioning so that Leonardo's quest for truth was out of pure
rational self-interest?

I do not have these answers. I can only know what I did before to
build a better mousetrap, when I was Augustus, when I was Charlemagne,
and when I was Napoleon. To unify a social equation you need an
advanced administration which can organically ebb and flow in response
to the needs of the citizenry. It is all about the citizenry! They are
all we have. We are above them, but they are our people, and we have
an affection for them.

Can the people be elevated? That is the question. Can the citizenry be
lifted up from serfdom? For most of the population of practically any
microcosm, particularly our educational institution, 97% of the
population labors in repetitive tasks, some have more advanced
training than others, but few can see! See beyond, which is where the
mountains are most colorful, particularly at sunset when you will be
up all night considering the next step for our civilization....

We must discuss particulars. Will it achieve something? Maybe, maybe not.
Alas, I can only strive to add to the body of knowledge in my field, it is all
I know how to do and all I care to learn. All other pursuits are for
the people, they are fine as I have affection for them, let them
continue to procreate and entertain themselves with jesters, they are
good at that but they are unqualified for real labor... It works well
that we have a Republic so that leaders can have discretion, but I
know from my experience that an Empire can achieve great things.

I await your reply.

With great affection and adoration, most respectfully,

Dibbun
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
User avatar
Lieutenant Dibbun
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm
Location: Fresno, CA
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 am

Dibbun wrote:My lady Robinette,

Good day, I hope you are well. I write this in transit, between planes
of reality, in the veritable ether where contingencies converge like
spiderwebs. What can be created? What is obsolete? How to pursue the
tremendous unifying equation of absolute efficiency?

To build a better mousetrap, that's what was done. This is what we
study, how the magnetic properties of enlightened people attracted the
ingots of knowledge and wisdom. How they applied these ferrous shards!
A mosaic of majestic scope, to confound the globe for ages after, what
do we study, how do we know how it was done?

Was it the tactics? To utilize the same grip on the gouge as
Michelangelo will produce another David? To grasp the formulaic
intricacies of geometric perspective theory can make you as Cimabue?

Was it the logistics? We must then have the correct proportions of
materials, sufficient political intrigue mixed with a desire for
redemption and a healthy dose of torture thrown in, then we will get a
treatise like The Prince!

Was it the diplomacy? Patronage, my liege, that must be the answer! To
integrate the social classes will produce grand juxtaposing
complementary vacuums, and let the abhorrence of nature do the rest!
The unskilled wealthy will grant their favor to skilled labor in
return for grand works....

Or was it the strategy? We are running out of options, this must be
it... Were social planners behind the whole shebang, manipulating the
social construct from above to institutionalize meaningful operant
conditioning so that Leonardo's quest for truth was out of pure
rational self-interest?

I do not have these answers. I can only know what I did before to
build a better mousetrap, when I was Augustus, when I was Charlemagne,
and when I was Napoleon. To unify a social equation you need an
advanced administration which can organically ebb and flow in response
to the needs of the citizenry. It is all about the citizenry! They are
all we have. We are above them, but they are our people, and we have
an affection for them.

Can the people be elevated? That is the question. Can the citizenry be
lifted up from serfdom? For most of the population of practically any
microcosm, particularly our educational institution, 97% of the
population labors in repetitive tasks, some have more advanced
training than others, but few can see! See beyond, which is where the
mountains are most colorful, particularly at sunset when you will be
up all night considering the next step for our civilization....

We must discuss particulars. Will it achieve something? Maybe, maybe not.
Alas, I can only strive to add to the body of knowledge in my field, it is all
I know how to do and all I care to learn. All other pursuits are for
the people, they are fine as I have affection for them, let them
continue to procreate and entertain themselves with jesters, they are
good at that but they are unqualified for real labor... It works well
that we have a Republic so that leaders can have discretion, but I
know from my experience that an Empire can achieve great things.

I await your reply.

With great affection and adoration, most respectfully,

Dibbun


Nerd.
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Robinette on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 am

heehee... some wonderful posts fellas...
i am beginning to enjoy this...


*resists urge to post some amazingly appropriate pics^
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: 199 Victories on the Wall... OPEN INVITATION

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Nerd.


You say that like it's a bad thing. In my household, that is a high compliment.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login