Conquer Club

Stopped caring

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Stopped caring

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:36 pm

As soon as I decided to stop caring about score and played some asassins I lost 400 points in one day, then I started playing games that I used to like to play but always got screwed by dice in. Now I'm up 200 points in a day in those games I always had bad luck, anyone else suddenly started doing great as soon as they didn't care about score?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Re: Stopped caring

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 pm

If it results in higher score...I don't care about my games from now on! :D

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Swimmerdude, I think maybe it was all those games of caring that gave you the skills to be able to "not care". As far as the correlation between "not caring" and winning, I think it may be non-existent. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Robinette on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Swimmerdude, I think maybe it was all those games of caring that gave you the skills to be able to "not care". As far as the correlation between "not caring" and winning, I think it may be non-existent. ;)

I don't really care about what you guys are saying...

oh hey... LOOKS LIKE I'M WINNING :mrgreen:
Brigadier Robinette

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Complete apathy to EVERYTHING >>>>

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby TeeGee on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 am

win or lose, I now only play for fun.. and lately have been trying maps and settings I never thought of playing when I was playing for points.. at the rate I am going, I will be a cook soon with a 55% plus win rate
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby waltero on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:51 am

I only play for a good rating. I enjoy ''letting'' the big ranking players win. I might even start attacking my own lower ranking team if it will help a high rank player win. Anything to get a good Rating!
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:01 am

Or Bad. :roll: Ratings its all about the Rating! Just so you Big guys know...When you play against me and win, it is because I let you.
Cook waltero

Postby Dibbun on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:05 am

If you could stop caring about "luck" and realize that all your wins and losses are a result of your own ability, that would be truly amazing.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I thought this thread was about something completely different. Misleading title lol.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:56 pm

not trying to flame (which is difficult for me) but

swimmer... you're one of the better players around bud. the fact that you're up in points on various games/settings/etc. is because you're a good player...

the other thing is... I literally COL (chuckle out loud) when I read posts of serg/cadets/privates talk about how they only play for fun and don't care about points... duh.. lmao... I hope so, what else would you be playing for?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 am

I do believe that there is a relation between playing for fun and higher scoring. It's like when you are looking for something and don't find it but when you stop looking for it, suddenly it turns up.

Perhaps on a subconscious level, energies are wasted on concerns for higher points that are not used in analytical thinking and so we make more errors than we normally would make as when we are just playing for fun and don't make as many errors because then we see things that normally we would not see when concerned about points.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby 72o on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

I care too much, obviously, which is why I suck so bad.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Also I know that everyone learns at their own pace according to each person's mental capacity and intellect. I believe that there is a also relation between the way we play and learn and the level and type of interest that we share for the game.

I remember as a little boy of 12, when I first learned how to play chess that the game fascinated me so much that I would be looking at the tiles on the floors where ever I went and see the way that the Knights, Bishops, Rooks and just about all the pieces and how they could be moved in those tiles.

This was with me for a very long time (and in certain ways is still with me) and as a result I became a pretty good chess player at such an early age and my fascination even lead me to read several books on Chess. I don't think that I would be so good at chess and understand it the way that I do if I did not have that level of fascination which comes from the pure joy of playing the game.

Perhaps people who just enjoy playing the game for fun and enjoyment share the type of common interest that allows them to learn at a faster rate then most and play in such a way where they just see tactics and plays that those who play for score don't see.

I personally receive pleasure from playing players at my level or higher (although we don't all share the same exact understanding on every detail of tactics and strategy) and winning because my understanding is better/different than my opponents. At the same time, losing to a player with greater/different understanding and knowledge drives me to want to learn more and become a better strategist/tactician.

In the end the reason why we all do this is for a certain pleasure that we receive from our own understanding of the game and the level of that pleasure is what drives us onward to increase our understanding of the game even further.

I could be wrong but that is my opinion. So I think Yes; People who play for fun not only enjoy the game more but are and become better players all the time. Or maybe I should say people who enjoy this game more then others or the most, become better players all the time.

---
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Timminz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I care about my score, but not enough to do anything about it other than trying to win the games I play.
Captain Timminz

Postby Robinette on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am

Timminz wrote:I care about my score, but not enough to do anything about it other than trying to win the games I play.

well said... well said indeed... =D>
Brigadier Robinette

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Robinette wrote:
Timminz wrote:I care about my score, but not enough to do anything about it other than trying to win the games I play.

well said... well said indeed... =D>

+1
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Return to Conquer Club Discussion