Premium Memberhip

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Premium Memberhip

Postby xeno on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 am

Johnny Rockets wrote:Clamping down on the farmers, elimination of flame wars, ban happy mods, and fucking idiot whiners who quit when they can't f*ck around with impunity.

So many reasons really. The core population still has a big enough pool to grow. The game play is as good if not better, so that keeps me around. The social aspect of it? Well you can find a large group of opinionated assholes anywhere on the net.

$25.00 is a great deal for the game play offered. The mistake is when you think it buys you a free ticket to be a douche on the forums.

Jr

I don't need to buy premium to feel entitled to be a douche on the forums.
Cadet xeno

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:38 am

Johnny Rockets wrote:Clamping down on the farmers, elimination of flame wars, ban happy mods, and fucking idiot whiners who quit when they can't f*ck around with impunity.

So many reasons really. The core population still has a big enough pool to grow. The game play is as good if not better, so that keeps me around. The social aspect of it? Well you can find a large group of opinionated assholes anywhere on the net.

$25.00 is a great deal for the game play offered. The mistake is when you think it buys you a free ticket to be a douche on the forums.

Jr
:cry: <--- Johnny Rockets?

Imagine if cc really does go under, all the past conquerors will disappear, once again, into the realm of complete and utter obscurity. :o
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby tzor on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:47 am

JoniD wrote:So it's cheap in your opinion. Why the drop in membership then?

Membership is down due to a number of reasons; I don't think the "cost" of premium is a driving factor.
Corporal 1st Class tzor
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby notyou2 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm

tzor wrote:
JoniD wrote:So it's cheap in your opinion. Why the drop in membership then?

Membership is down due to a number of reasons; I don't think the "cost" of premium is a driving factor.

What are the reasons in your opinion tzor? Don't leave us hanging like that.
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm

xeno wrote:

Jr

from what I've seen, many forum users are freemiums and many of those have been lifetime freemiums. So I'm not sure why CC would be real concerned about their point of view, I wouldn't if I ran this site... there are milions of places to chat on-line... the forums don't drive this site, premium members do, but often times it's freemiums (not exclusively of course) that do the most whining and complaining... Could CC be imporved? of course... but pandering to people who put nothing in the coffers seems illogical at best....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Army of GOD wrote:lack needs to either add more premium features or lower the price of premium. There's no reason for it to be stagnant like this.

GIVE US PICK YOUR OWN COLOR AND 12 PLAYER GAMES

and $25? wow, that's what's keeping you from being premium? where can play a game for 5 cents or less (when you average it out)? right.. nowhere... the price isn't the factor...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Major Command charges $20 for 6 months.

this place is a bargain
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

greenoaks wrote:Major Command charges $20 for 6 months.

this place is a bargain

good point, but irrelevant.... even 40 a year hear would still come out to less than a dime a game (if you played fairly regularly)... it's comical to think 25 is too much you cheap bastards...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:lack needs to either add more premium features or lower the price of premium. There's no reason for it to be stagnant like this.

GIVE US PICK YOUR OWN COLOR AND 12 PLAYER GAMES

and $25? wow, that's what's keeping you from being premium? where can play a game for 5 cents or less (when you average it out)? right.. nowhere... the price isn't the factor...

AoG refuses to pay premium not because he is cheap but because the voices in his head told him not to. Wouldn't you do the same?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby xeno on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am

rhp 1 wrote:
xeno wrote:

Jr

from what I've seen, many forum users are freemiums and many of those have been lifetime freemiums. So I'm not sure why CC would be real concerned about their point of view, I wouldn't if I ran this site... there are milions of places to chat on-line... the forums don't drive this site, premium members do, but often times it's freemiums (not exclusively of course) that do the most whining and complaining... Could CC be imporved? of course... but pandering to people who put nothing in the coffers seems illogical at best....

I've bought premium twice during my five year stay here.
Cadet xeno

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby AslanTheKing on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:13 pm

It would help , if on the first page when u log in is something like a company profile,
like the founder himself ( can be a fake picture of him if he is worried about his privacy ) telling his story,
when and how he started CC, what was the motivation behind it .

Just a little personal touch, to give this first page a personal feeling and soul, istead of come and play here some games.

and to list the crews, who's doing what at CC.

maybe i m wrong, what do you think?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby jleonnn on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 am

rhp 1 wrote:

this place is a bargain

good point, but irrelevant.... even 40 a year hear would still come out to less than a dime a game (if you played fairly regularly)... it's comical to think 25 is too much you cheap bastards...

Unfortunately for some of us bastards, our parents are the ones with the credit cards.
Major jleonnn

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 pm

jleonnn wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

this place is a bargain

Unfortunately for some of us bastards, our parents are the ones with the credit cards.

Plus some of us live in other countries where exchange rates really screw us over. for example 25 USD is approximately $162 in my currency.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Postby TeeGee on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
jleonnn wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

this place is a bargain

Plus some of us live in other countries where exchange rates really screw us over. for example 25 USD is approximately $162 in my currency.

Ouch trini, that sucks... 25 USD is currently $22 here, so no complaints from this one :)
Captain TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator

Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (7)

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 am

TeeGee wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:
jleonnn wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

this place is a bargain

Ouch trini, that sucks... 25 USD is currently $22 here, so no complaints from this one :)

yeah Tee Gee its rough and I'm sure its as bad or worse for other users also.. then there are those who quite simply cannot fit it into their budget even if it IS only $25... etc
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Postby Gen. North Starr on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm

I just signed up and paid premium two days ago. One thing (as a new person) noticed, was the look and feel of the site. I was immediately turned off and luckily I kept the tab of my browser open as I continued to search elsewhere. I found the old site I use to use (Global Combat) and noticed the tons of ads they've added on since the last time I was there and the lack of members. So, I came back to this site and signed up. During my first game, I decided to buy the premium because of the actual game play and multiple maps. So overall, I think the look and feel can put people off.
Cadet Gen. North Starr

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Gen. North Starr wrote:I just signed up and paid premium two days ago. One thing (as a new person) noticed, was the look and feel of the site. I was immediately turned off and luckily I kept the tab of my browser open as I continued to search elsewhere. I found the old site I use to use (Global Combat) and noticed the tons of ads they've added on since the last time I was there and the lack of members. So, I came back to this site and signed up. During my first game, I decided to buy the premium because of the actual game play and multiple maps. So overall, I think the look and feel can put people off.

The look and feel is something that I actually like. I dislike how other sights are overly flashy, or way to ridiculous. I can play this, and it looks like a normal site with a clean navigation and layout.
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Sergeant 1st Class MoB Deadly

Medals: 144
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:37 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
Gen. North Starr wrote:I just signed up and paid premium two days ago. One thing (as a new person) noticed, was the look and feel of the site. I was immediately turned off and luckily I kept the tab of my browser open as I continued to search elsewhere. I found the old site I use to use (Global Combat) and noticed the tons of ads they've added on since the last time I was there and the lack of members. So, I came back to this site and signed up. During my first game, I decided to buy the premium because of the actual game play and multiple maps. So overall, I think the look and feel can put people off.

The look and feel is something that I actually like. I dislike how other sights are overly flashy, or way to ridiculous. I can play this, and it looks like a normal site with a clean navigation and layout.

I am in agreement with MoB Deadly on this particular issue. I'd rather have great gameplay than anything else, and would rather that be where the focus is.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion