Is this "cheating"?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is this "cheating"?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
wombah wrote:Okay, so I was playing a Fog of War game on Supermax Prison Riot. I controlled Cell Block A, and one of my opponents controlled Cell Block C. He stacked his men on 301, and I owned Cell Block C door. He was stacking alot of men, way more than any other player in the game, and the game turned in somewhat of a stalemate for awhile. So I told other players of how many troops he had on that area so other people would be aware of how strong he was. The player accused me of cheating, and he told me I "wasnt respecting the rules". I thought this was well within my right as a strategy.

I just want to hear thoughts on this. If I was in the wrong, I'll apologize and never do it again. I thought I was making a strategic neccessity for the other players. But whatever

Not only is it not cheating, it's not even unsportsmanlike. Why? Because for all anyone knows, you could be lying about those numbers anyway. Not that I would ever lie in gamechat, I should point out. It is well known that Vulcans are incapable of lying.

For some reason, I don't trust you, Woodruff...?!?! ;)

Highly illogical!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Is this "cheating"?

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:
wombah wrote:Okay, so I was playing a Fog of War game on Supermax Prison Riot. I controlled Cell Block A, and one of my opponents controlled Cell Block C. He stacked his men on 301, and I owned Cell Block C door. He was stacking alot of men, way more than any other player in the game, and the game turned in somewhat of a stalemate for awhile. So I told other players of how many troops he had on that area so other people would be aware of how strong he was. The player accused me of cheating, and he told me I "wasnt respecting the rules". I thought this was well within my right as a strategy.

I just want to hear thoughts on this. If I was in the wrong, I'll apologize and never do it again. I thought I was making a strategic neccessity for the other players. But whatever

Not only is it not cheating, it's not even unsportsmanlike. Why? Because for all anyone knows, you could be lying about those numbers anyway. Not that I would ever lie in gamechat, I should point out. It is well known that Vulcans are incapable of lying.

you might just tell something that may not be entirely accurate... from a certain point of view
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Return to General Discussion