Conquer Club

Probably a common discussion

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Probably a common discussion

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:54 pm

But how ridiculous is the dice system and auto mated drop system. They are just horrible. I lost massive points this past week due to horrible drops and dice screwing me over, not to mention a-holes that have no reason to play on this site.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Re: Probably a common discussion

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

When will people stop complaining about the dice?

Dice is just random.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm

nietzsche wrote:When will people stop complaining about the dice?

Dice is just random.

When will people stop complaining about people complaining about dice?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chang50 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 pm

ANelson11 wrote:But how ridiculous is the dice system and auto mated drop system. They are just horrible. I lost massive points this past week due to horrible drops and dice screwing me over, not to mention a-holes that have no reason to play on this site.

It would be nice if just once a dice complainer could suggest an alternative system they would like to see implemented.For me the very randomness of the die makes the game interesting and challenging,you can never take anything for granted and have to allow for the improbable as it has to happen some time.
Captain chang50

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 pm

chang50 wrote:
ANelson11 wrote:But how ridiculous is the dice system and auto mated drop system. They are just horrible. I lost massive points this past week due to horrible drops and dice screwing me over, not to mention a-holes that have no reason to play on this site.

It would be nice if just once a dice complainer could suggest an alternative system they would like to see implemented.For me the very randomness of the die makes the game interesting and challenging,you can never take anything for granted and have to allow for the improbable as it has to happen some time.

I totally agree chang but most of the time these people are just venting. If they are truly complaining about the randomness of dice then there is no reasoning with them.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:58 am

It would be complaining if I only did it ever so often, but if its a reoccurring thing everyday that is another thing. Honestly the dice system is bogus. Anyone who plays me knows that I say the dice and the drops are horrible. The drops on this site seem to be horribly one sided most of the time I play a 1v1 game and it is almost impossible to overcome the drop if the dice are bad, which I have almost undoubtedly come to assume they will be bad. I can see a chance of losing when you attack 7v4 but when you attack 28v8 and lose that is just retarded. Good strategies should win the games but the dice win or lose games.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby chang50 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:04 am

ANelson11 wrote:It would be complaining if I only did it ever so often, but if its a reoccurring thing everyday that is another thing. Honestly the dice system is bogus. Anyone who plays me knows that I say the dice and the drops are horrible. The drops on this site seem to be horribly one sided most of the time I play a 1v1 game and it is almost impossible to overcome the drop if the dice are bad, which I have almost undoubtedly come to assume they will be bad. I can see a chance of losing when you attack 7v4 but when you attack 28v8 and lose that is just retarded. Good strategies should win the games but the dice win or lose games.

So,what's your solution?
Captain chang50

Postby Jippd on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 am

You as a person likely just tend to notice negatives and they stand out in your brain more. That is why you think the dice and drop are always skewed against you instead of realizing that on average it balances out.

In fact according to your overall dice stats:

Assault +1 %
Defend 0 %

So it appears you are doing better than average with your dice.

Weird
Major Jippd

Postby Mr Changsha on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:26 am

But you should take into account my 'key moment' theory.

I have come to the conclusion that dice-complainers are actually experiencing extremely bad dice (as we all of course do), but their's more often come just at the moment they really don't want them.

So while our general above me no doubt obviously often throws up on his winning move, the poor OP striper just knows his 28 on 8 finish is going to miss..because he is unlucky in the sense that his awful dice strike just when he doesn't need them to..whether attacking or defending.

I picture him rolling beautifully when a game is already lost, or when cleaning up 1's in a game already won. Yet whenever he has to clip a friendly teammate for a bonus..he loses 10 on a 3. When he is attacking 6 on 3 at the beginning of a 5 man standard, he loses 4..while hitting a neutral 50 stack at the end of a game he throws 40 up.

This curse is really most heinous. His actual dice stats show +1, but this is really irrelevent as it is the timing of when luck strikes that is key. People should have more sympathy for players like the OP; he, and players like him (of which old-hands have seen many), are victims of a terrible fate: to always be on the wrong side of luck.

So while I just go off and slaughter my weekly offering to 'she who beams down the happy rays of chance' (the recommended amount for a major rank), show some love to this poor wretch of a man.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Seulessliathan on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 am

ANelson11 wrote:It would be complaining if I only did it ever so often, but if its a reoccurring thing everyday that is another thing. Honestly the dice system is bogus. Anyone who plays me knows that I say the dice and the drops are horrible. The drops on this site seem to be horribly one sided most of the time I play a 1v1 game and it is almost impossible to overcome the drop if the dice are bad, which I have almost undoubtedly come to assume they will be bad. I can see a chance of losing when you attack 7v4 but when you attack 28v8 and lose that is just retarded. Good strategies should win the games but the dice win or lose games.

I am still waiting for the guys complaining about the great drops they always get. There are hundreds of players who get the horrible drop. Where are there opponents, and why donĀ“t they complain about the unfair advantage by drop?
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby maasman on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 am

Seulessliathan wrote:

I am still waiting for the guys complaining about the great drops they always get. There are hundreds of players who get the horrible drop. Where are there opponents, and why donĀ“t they complain about the unfair advantage by drop?

Whenever I'm incredibly lucky I will make it known to the opposition, as long as it's been consistent and they haven't been incredibly lucky themselves.
Colonel maasman

Postby chang50 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 am

Seulessliathan wrote:

I will confess to having some fantastic drops unlike the bitchers/ complainers who only remember the bad ones.Maybe when they get a good drop they think its only what they deserve.
Captain chang50

Postby TeeGee on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 am

ANelson11 wrote:But how ridiculous is the dice system and auto mated drop system. They are just horrible. I lost massive points this past week due to horrible drops

Why not set up or join games with manual deployment then??
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby maxfaraday on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 am

TeeGee wrote:
ANelson11 wrote:But how ridiculous is the dice system and auto mated drop system. They are just horrible. I lost massive points this past week due to horrible drops

Why not set up or join games with manual deployment then??

Even with manual deployment, the drop is still random, i think that's what he refers to.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby premio53 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 am

Are there other dice options open for websites like this? Do they contract out the dice service? I can't complain but for those who do what would they suggest be done differently?
Lieutenant premio53

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:18 am

Dice stats mean absolutely nothing to me. They calculate based on your average roll but they don't show the outcomes. If I roll 6's more than likely I notice my opponent rolls a 6 too. I did a random sample from that dice service last night. I rolled 120 random dice and it worked out that the "defender" would have actually faired better than the attacker, even though the attacker rolls 3. Of course I only took into account 3v2 dice stats. And yes, I get the worst dice at the most inopportune times. I would suggest a service that actually takes into account probably. Maybe one that adds a certain percent(0.1) for rolling better dice for every 5 troops you have on your opponent.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:24 am

Also with regards to the drops I am referring to, opponents will end up with whole continents and the first turn in a game while I end up with a random spread where 3-4 regions are locked by neutrals. I can't count how many times this has happened to me. Whenever I start a game I make it manual with no cards. That is the fairest option offered in this website.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby chang50 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:54 am

ANelson11 wrote:Also with regards to the drops I am referring to, opponents will end up with whole continents and the first turn in a game while I end up with a random spread where 3-4 regions are locked by neutrals. I can't count how many times this has happened to me. Whenever I start a game I make it manual with no cards. That is the fairest option offered in this website.

You really are convinced you are unluckier than other players aren't you?As long as you labour under this mistaken belief you will never do what you need to in order to improve because you think you already know why you aren't more successful.Just consider how few high rankers complain about their luck,its no coincidence,they generally have a very good understanding of probability and can look objectively at their games.
Captain chang50

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I never said I was unluckier than anyone. I made this a topic of discussion to see if everyone is having the same problem that I am. I have landed a good drop 3 or 4 times but I have been on the receiving end of bad drops more often. I lost over 500 points in 8 days because of horrible situations. I do not play bad at all. For example, just last night, I played a set that was sure to take my opponent out on a classic map. I get all the way down to his last troop and the dice fail and I don't take him out. The next turn he plays a set of 50 and evens it out. I play a couple troops to bust his bonus and the next turn he gets another set and ends the game. That is stupid that I can have a guy down to 1 troop vs 4 and lose to 3 straight 6s and ultimately lose the game because the cards are in his favor now.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Funny how I mention this and here are three game examples in the last 20 minutes where this has occurred.

2 bad drop games that I played back to back!:
Read the log and you will see the drop results. Not only were they given a sweet drop, they were given the first turn.

1 with terrible dice. (lost 13-1 attacking a neutral to bust in Terres Rouges)

I am not making this stuff up guys. Something needs to be done. We are paying money for this and we are getting screwed over.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby MrBenn on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

ANelson11 wrote:Funny how I mention this and here are three game examples in the last 20 minutes where this has occurred.

2 bad drop games that I played back to back!:
Read the log and you will see the drop results. Not only were they given a sweet drop, they were given the first turn.

1 with terrible dice. (lost 13-1 attacking a neutral to bust in Terres Rouges)

I am not making this stuff up guys. Something needs to be done. We are paying money for this and we are getting screwed over.

Map Rank shows that you have won 356 from 727 (49%) of your 1v1 games. Perhaps you need to start depending a little less on luck and trying to learn some strategy?

(edit: I say this with a 1v1 win percentage of merely 47% - when I played, I preferred games with more players which were less luck-dependent)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:59 pm

If you are truly not just remembering the bad drops/dice runs, did you ever consider that maybe you are just having bad luck? This is more probable than a less-than-random system. Trust me, anyone who has played risk all that much has had 28v8 stacks lose. I've also been on the other side and it's an awesome and thrilling experience, especially if it wins you the game. :D
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Here is a pretty great ~2min video about Randomness, produced by the awesome SciShow. Check it out, fun and informative!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby maxfaraday on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm

lol a couple weeks ago i lost a 19vs1 can anyone beat that?
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
nietzsche wrote:When will people stop complaining about the dice?

Dice is just random.

When will people stop complaining about people complaining about dice?

When will people stop complaining about people who ask for people to stop complaining about the dice complaining?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion