Conquer Club

People who leave 2s and 3s in Escalating

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: People who leave 2s and 3s in Escalating

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I actually experimented with this in I Walk Alone. Brandoncfi played 170ish 1v1s in a row. Every game, I left a 2 on every pile. He beat me by like 2 or 3 games. So, as a base strategy, it is only slightly worse. Obviously, strategies are situational though, but for all you anti-2, 3ers, there isn't too much validity.

1v1 strategy is a different kettle of fish entirely. So is 3- and 4- player.

What is being debated here is strategy for 5 or more players.

In 1v1 there is no point helping your opponent to get cards, so definitely you want to deny him carding opportunities when possible. In games with 5 or more players, however, the key is helping player B accumulate as many cards as possible, so that you can later take them and use them to your own benefit in fighting players C, D, and E. Since you don't know the identities of B, C, D, and E at the beginning, you want to help all the players accumulate cards.

Keeping a trail of 2s does help your opponent card though. If you have 10 territories, then you 20 troops spread out and a 2 is easy to take compared to a stack of 11.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby IR1SH ACE on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I actually experimented with this in I Walk Alone. Brandoncfi played 170ish 1v1s in a row. Every game, I left a 2 on every pile. He beat me by like 2 or 3 games. So, as a base strategy, it is only slightly worse. Obviously, strategies are situational though, but for all you anti-2, 3ers, there isn't too much validity.

1v1 strategy is a different kettle of fish entirely. So is 3- and 4- player.

What is being debated here is strategy for 5 or more players.

In 1v1 there is no point helping your opponent to get cards, so definitely you want to deny him carding opportunities when possible. In games with 5 or more players, however, the key is helping player B accumulate as many cards as possible, so that you can later take them and use them to your own benefit in fighting players C, D, and E. Since you don't know the identities of B, C, D, and E at the beginning, you want to help all the players accumulate cards.

Keeping a trail of 2s does help your opponent card though. If you have 10 territories, then you 20 troops spread out and a 2 is easy to take compared to a stack of 11.

Doom you have no idea what ur talking about here....and just lookin at ur map rank for 6,7 & 8 players esc games proves it...

60 wins from 388 games (18% win ratio) and -376 points says it all.....i also remember been in a esc game with u which u displayed ur complete lack of knowledge for esc game strategy.....Game 10955127....anyone who reads that game chat will clearly see you were clueless in an esc game....

ur point about leaving 2's around the place is valid in certain games..1v1 or team games...but this debate was about 6,7 & 8 player STANDARD ESC games......lol
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

90% of my lost points in 678s are due to fog, not escalating.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion