Conquer Club

END TURN - SPOILS?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

END TURN - SPOILS?

Postby AB_Legion on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 am

Hi,

I have been playing a few speed games, especially one minute ones, and I noticed that I don't get spoils unless I end my turn. Well I don't use a mouse and it is slow to move across the screen sometimes using a touchpad. Seconds matter so much and I do not believe that a user should be penalised for not ending reinforcements or any part thereof of their turn.

Any chance of fixing this option?

Thanks.
Private AB_Legion

Re: END TURN - SPOILS?

Postby AB_Legion on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 am

ps. Or at least including an auto-spoils ticker when creating a game would be appreciated.
Private AB_Legion

Postby Forza AZ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 am

This option is here to prevent abuse (letting time run out to let other people wait).
So it won't be fixed.

If you don't have enough time, then maybe you can better play 2 or 3 minute speed games instead.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby AB_Legion on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 am

Hi Forza AZ,

I disagree.

Surely this function, as you say to prevent abuse - which I can understand in long games - does not really hold up in speed games?

I will probably stick with 2 or 3 minute games, as you recommend, but I find your response unsatisfactory.

Sometimes in large player games I prefer shorter action time because the alternative is having to sit in a game that can last up to an hour at times.

Is it impossible to add the option of auto-spoils?

I imagine that it can be deselected by default that way allowing users to decide to turn it on if they like.

Thanks.
Private AB_Legion

Postby AB_Legion on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 am

Hi Forza AZ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have submitted my question to the suggestions forum here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180669

Best,

AB_Legion
Private AB_Legion

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Spoiler alert: your suggestion is probably going to get merged with the others like it.

I don't like this rule. I don't think that it prevents abuse. I think it's abused more than it prevents abuse. But it's been brought up many times before and it seems like it will never change. Sorry.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Conquer Club Discussion