Conquer Club

Carding vs. game balance

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Carding vs. game balance

Postby generalhead on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm

I wanted to see what people with more experience thought about carding vs. game balance. I am a fan of keeping a balance game. I even like helping newbies learn how to keep a balance game. when I first started CC I had a few members swear at me more doing something dumb. I enjoy explaining to new players that it is important to check the troops and troops due before they make their move. The problem I have though is what is the cost of falling behind in troops due to not carding vs. upsetting the balance of the game. this could be true in escalating by carding of off someone which could make some one an easy target for elimination upsetting the balance of the game. In Flat rate this could be even more of an issue, carding off of one player to put another player in the lead. I was hoping some vets could comment on this issue giving me some insight. Thank you in advance.
Sergeant generalhead

Re: Carding vs. game balance

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I have found that in the majority of my games, when I tried to not make waves and just keep the balance, I ended up losing because I didn't make the aggressive move at the right time. What separates the good players from the great, on escalating games, is of course knowing the right time to make that aggressive move. Still, I'd rather go down swinging and trying to win, than passively sitting there as I am killed. Yes, you will get called names if you make a move that ends up losing, or handing someone else the game, but ignore the whiners and the name callers. You don't play this game for their benefit.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby generalhead on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks for the info Metsfanmax. I was hoping to get a few more opinions.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby 72o on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 am

In escalating, if people leave card spots as they should, carding is not a problem and should not upset the game balance. Ideally people only attack 1s. Usually the game balance is destroyed when people try to attack stacks, most often to take a bonus, or when people take the last remaining territory of a player out of an area, leaving their entire holdings to another area and concentrating their forces, making them much easier to eliminate. If there's an available 1 to use to take a card, good players won't crash those stacks and cause those problems.

Leaving and taking card spots makes for a better game all-around.

This has been a public service message from the Coalition of Accountability and Responsibility During Situations Pertaining to Optimizing Tactical Success (CARD SPOTS)
Sergeant 72o

Postby generalhead on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks 72o, what about flat rate though?
Sergeant generalhead

Return to Conquer Club Discussion