Conquer Club

<Removed>

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:24 am

qwert wrote:are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?

Just like very few things on the site, it isn't strictly banned. This question dilutes the situation's context that bedub is talking about.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
qwert wrote:are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?

Just like very few things on the site, it isn't strictly banned. This question dilutes the situation's context that bedub is talking about.

BMO

Basically if a map involving hinduism is created then the symbol is okay, if the symbol is used in a WWII theme, it's not okay.
I'm not for banning symbols, I think you give it an undeserved amount of respect by banning it. As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.
This is a game glorifying war for goodness sake. Pictures of guns are allowed and unlike a shitty symbol, guns actually kill people. This is just like the male nipples thing, it doesn't make any sense. Too much tiptoeing going on in cc.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.

In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 am

Funkyterrance wrote:

In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?

That was a thoughtful response. :lol:
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

It was, if you like censorship you probably like other constraints on your freedom as well, chains are constraints.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

It was, if you like censorship you probably like other constraints on your freedom as well, chains are constraints.

I'm sorry to hear that's your idea of a "thoughtful" response. There are many possible reasons why I would agree to certain images being barred from CC under the right circumstances, my being a "censorship lover" is only one potential reason and incidentally, not the actual one.
If you must know, to me it's a matter of consideration for the discomfort someone might find in certain images. This is online risk site, intended to provide fun for all. Here is probably not the best place to exercise your freedom of speech at the expense of others since doing so is arguably very childish.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I personally see no harm in the hindu swastika. I personally come from a country where proselitism of any religion is banned, and I think there is way too much on CC thougt.
Keep your faith to yourself, and don't spam people with it is all I would say.
Why would you need to put a religious symbol as an avatar anyway?
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

betiko wrote:I personally see no harm in the hindu swastika. I personally come from a country where proselitism of any religion is banned, and I think there is way too much on CC thougt.

This whole discussion started on a false pretense as a result of someone having a totenkopf in their avatar and eventually removed it as a gesture of goodwill when another player put up an Hindu swastika as a sort of "protest" to CC's standpoint on such matters; a tantrum of sorts. The fact of the matter is that no one was actually discriminated against on CC for their religion
That being said, if a symbol is considered offensive, even to one person, enough that said person files a complaint for the owner to take it down, I see this as reason enough for the owner to be a grown-up and change their avatar in the interest of the community as a whole.
I compare the whole business to the man running naked down the street complaining that it's unfair that he is made to put some clothes on; it's somewhat ridiculous and most definitely inconsiderate. No one needs to see that.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.

--Andy

What?! Had I known this, I would have been posting nipple shots for years. FOR YEARS!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:06 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:I personally see no harm in the hindu swastika. I personally come from a country where proselitism of any religion is banned, and I think there is way too much on CC thougt.

This whole discussion started on a false pretense as a result of someone having a totenkopf in their avatar and eventually removed it as a gesture of goodwill when another player put up an Hindu swastika as a sort of "protest" to CC's standpoint on such matters; a tantrum of sorts. The fact of the matter is that no one was actually discriminated against on CC for their religion
That being said, if a symbol is considered offensive, even to one person, enough that said person files a complaint for the owner to take it down, I see this as reason enough for the owner to be a grown-up and change their avatar in the interest of the community as a whole.
I compare the whole business to the man running naked down the street complaining that it's unfair that he is made to put some clothes on; it's somewhat ridiculous and most definitely inconsiderate. No one needs to see that.

the difference being that the tottenkopf on the avatar was without a doubt the SS one and couldn't be anything else (a google inverted search proved where he got it from).
This swastika isn't exactly a hindou symbol as it is used by many other religions including buddhism and represents eternity. Any Indian uses it, a bit like the peace and love sign. It doesn't look like the nazi one as it's always straight and the nazi one is always at 45 degrees.
The fact is that the guy used it only for trolling the mods, not because he wanted it as an avatar. Other than this the avatar was no way offensive, but we all know why he used it.
Major betiko

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 am

Consider that mine topic in CA are locked, and quite strange that for these need to be discussed behind scene, what i think that its not ok, i need to ask question,and if i can not get answer here,then i will open new topic in QA forum

1.Are mods have tools to remove AVATAR and NAME of any player who have inapropriate avatar and inapropriate name.

----------------------------------------------
the reason for these question are simple- i find many Hitlers-Wafenn SS-Schutstaffel-NaziGermany- players,and if mods can only block player ,and all these stay(like Hitler avatar who salute you) , then you need to create some tool who will remove complete player out of site.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am

qwert wrote:Consider that mine topic in CA are locked, and quite strange that for these need to be discussed behind scene, what i think that its not ok, i need to ask question,and if i can not get answer here,then i will open new topic in QA forum

1.Are mods have tools to remove AVATAR and NAME of any player who have inapropriate avatar and inapropriate name.

the reason for these question are simple- i find many Hitlers-Wafenn SS-Schutstaffel-NaziGermany- players,and if mods can only block player ,and all these stay(like Hitler avatar who salute you) , then you need to create some tool who will remove complete player out of site.

are you calling mods "tools"?
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 am

betiko wrote:
qwert wrote:Consider that mine topic in CA are locked, and quite strange that for these need to be discussed behind scene, what i think that its not ok, i need to ask question,and if i can not get answer here,then i will open new topic in QA forum

are you calling mods "tools"?

He means: Do mods have tools to remove avatars and change usernames?
There are quite a lot of questionable avatars out there, heiling Hitler's and the like. Such as this guy: Adolf Hitler
That avatar cracks me up :lol: I always laugh at the forbidden lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 am

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 am

Betiko, you should know better than to make informed inferences.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am

<Removed>
Colonel bedub1

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

<Removed>
Colonel bedub1

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 am

<Removed>
Colonel bedub1

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

:---)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Common CC Sense wrote:When someone distributes his message over more than two posts, he really doesn't have anything to say.

Thanks for saving me time CC Sense.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 pm

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion