<Removed>

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.


--Andy


Then maybe you can explain why it has been enforced like it is nudity then? I remember being warned multiple times for posting pictures where a guys nipple was visible. I got hammered and asked to stop posting pictures containing male nipples.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm

You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25539
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)


--Andy

I sometimes forget you're not an admin monkey anymore :). I honestly haven't yet learned the username of our new owner.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)


--Andy

I sometimes forget you're not an admin monkey anymore :). I honestly haven't yet learned the username of our new owner.


Hello there :-#

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)


--Andy

I sometimes forget you're not an admin monkey anymore :). I honestly haven't yet learned the username of our new owner.


Hello there :-#

BMO


*Gillipig pulls out rds's batteries......and changes his radio station.* Wait this isn't livechat?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby bedub1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:41 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 am

bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.


--Andy

Where do pictures of shemales fall into this?


I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am

Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.


--Andy

Where do pictures of shemales fall into this?


I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.


Hot+Sexy Ladyboy thread anyone :mrgreen: ?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 am

Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.


--Andy

Where do pictures of shemales fall into this?


I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.


Hot+Sexy Ladyboy thread anyone :mrgreen: ?


Why not go back to the original thread title, and just have a Hot Sexy NSFW thread?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 am

Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.


--Andy

Where do pictures of shemales fall into this?


I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.


Hot+Sexy Ladyboy thread anyone :mrgreen: ?


Why not go back to the original thread title, and just have a Hot Sexy NSFW thread?


Remove the NSFW, no one seems to know what it stands for anymore lol. I think there's sense in having different topics for different things. There is a Hot+Sexy Men thread so it's not like you can't post sexy pictures of men. Most people one this site are straight men so it's reasonable that we can have a thread where we post images of what we're attracted to.
What annoys me though is that you're only allowed to post pics of girls that are considered universally attractive. If I want to post an image of a chubby girl I think is hot, someone else can come and say -Hey!! That's not hot! and my picture will be removed even though it doesn't conatin any nudity and is depicting a woman who I think is hot and sexy. It's weird.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 am

Gillipig wrote:Remove the NSFW, no one seems to know what it stands for anymore lol. I think there's sense in having different topics for different things. There is a Hot+Sexy Men thread so it's not like you can't post sexy pictures of men. Most people one this site are straight men so it's reasonable that we can have a thread where we post images of what we're attracted to.
What annoys me though is that you're only allowed to post pics of girls that are considered universally attractive. If I want to post an image of a chubby girl I think is hot, someone else can come and say -Hey!! That's not hot! and my picture will be removed even though it doesn't conatin any nudity and is depicting a woman who I think is hot and sexy. It's weird.
[/quote]

it means Not Safe For Work, so there's always you an me at least who understand.

I do think that a thread started by someone shouldn't be re-purposed to exclude people though, especially when done without the author's consent.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Symmetry wrote:
it means Not Safe For Work, so there's always you an me at least who understand.



And now that makes three. :D
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

It's truly amazing how quickly information can spread! Now if we were only talking about something meaningful #-o
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby tzor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:21 pm

bedub1 wrote:Recently I found out that CC is actively discriminating against a single specific religion.


No it's not. Wikipedia lists the Aum as the primary symbol of Hinduism. That's the symbol I see everywhere, not the swastika.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Meh......ranting to much.

N/m

JRock
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Medals: 51
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:24 am

qwert wrote:are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?


Just like very few things on the site, it isn't strictly banned. This question dilutes the situation's context that bedub is talking about.

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
qwert wrote:are some of official can answer on pool question? are Hindu swastika really forbidden here in CC ?


Just like very few things on the site, it isn't strictly banned. This question dilutes the situation's context that bedub is talking about.

BMO


Basically if a map involving hinduism is created then the symbol is okay, if the symbol is used in a WWII theme, it's not okay.
I'm not for banning symbols, I think you give it an undeserved amount of respect by banning it. As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.
This is a game glorifying war for goodness sake. Pictures of guns are allowed and unlike a shitty symbol, guns actually kill people. This is just like the male nipples thing, it doesn't make any sense. Too much tiptoeing going on in cc.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.


In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.


In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.


In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?


That was a thoughtful response. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.


In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?


That was a thoughtful response. :lol:

It was, if you like censorship you probably like other constraints on your freedom as well, chains are constraints.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote: As if just seeing that symbol would create great harm lol.


In the context/scope of an online game, yes, it could create great harm. People trying to enjoy themselves and furthermore, paying for it, shouldn't have to be subjected to that shit.

Another censorship lover, why won't you just wrap yourself in chains and be done with it?


That was a thoughtful response. :lol:

It was, if you like censorship you probably like other constraints on your freedom as well, chains are constraints.

I'm sorry to hear that's your idea of a "thoughtful" response. There are many possible reasons why I would agree to certain images being barred from CC under the right circumstances, my being a "censorship lover" is only one potential reason and incidentally, not the actual one.
If you must know, to me it's a matter of consideration for the discomfort someone might find in certain images. This is online risk site, intended to provide fun for all. Here is probably not the best place to exercise your freedom of speech at the expense of others since doing so is arguably very childish.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I personally see no harm in the hindu swastika. I personally come from a country where proselitism of any religion is banned, and I think there is way too much on CC thougt.
Keep your faith to yourself, and don't spam people with it is all I would say.
Why would you need to put a religious symbol as an avatar anyway?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5609
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

betiko wrote:I personally see no harm in the hindu swastika. I personally come from a country where proselitism of any religion is banned, and I think there is way too much on CC thougt.
Keep your faith to yourself, and don't spam people with it is all I would say.
Why would you need to put a religious symbol as an avatar anyway?

This whole discussion started on a false pretense as a result of someone having a totenkopf in their avatar and eventually removed it as a gesture of goodwill when another player put up an Hindu swastika as a sort of "protest" to CC's standpoint on such matters; a tantrum of sorts. The fact of the matter is that no one was actually discriminated against on CC for their religion
That being said, if a symbol is considered offensive, even to one person, enough that said person files a complaint for the owner to take it down, I see this as reason enough for the owner to be a grown-up and change their avatar in the interest of the community as a whole.
I compare the whole business to the man running naked down the street complaining that it's unfair that he is made to put some clothes on; it's somewhat ridiculous and most definitely inconsiderate. No one needs to see that.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login