Kaskavel-evidently a good player

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Kaskavel-evidently a good player

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 am

Very observant post Falko, well defined.
General Chariot of Fire

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (26)

Postby elmiguel60 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Being an ambitious CC noob, I would like to know whether any scoreboard changes have been made in the last few years. Or has it been the same since day 1?

The guys who do the same map, same settings have started to bug me, but they do get points.

What about including a variable in the score system that accounts for average, recent game variation.
So divide the achieved points by how much variety your last 50 games has had.
Sergeant 1st Class elmiguel60

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:55 pm

elmiguel60 wrote:What about including a variable in the score system that accounts for average, recent game variation.

Not a bad idea, in theory, but how do you quantify that variety?
What of players who play the same map(s) with different settings - or different maps with the same settings?
Which has more variety? How much variety does each variable contribute?

sempai
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2088 - May 30, 2014
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Sergeant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:33 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
elmiguel60 wrote:What about including a variable in the score system that accounts for average, recent game variation.

Not a bad idea, in theory, but how do you quantify that variety?
What of players who play the same map(s) with different settings - or different maps with the same settings?
Which has more variety? How much variety does each variable contribute?

sempai

did you really fall for a two year old bump by a veteran player that has never posted in the forums before... hmmmm...-Jésus noir
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Captain owenshooter

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby KraphtOne on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Kaskavel is an excellent player that says "here is a simple map that is so big that over time my better-ness will take over and you will lose"

every time he starts on an "i'm only playing hive for a while" phase i just sit back and wait to see him at the top of the scoreboard...

can't player hate on this one, nothing illegitimate here... just sucks for everyone else :)
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Medals: 76
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:57 pm

elmiguel60 wrote:Being an ambitious CC noob, I would like to know whether any scoreboard changes have been made in the last few years. Or has it been the same since day 1?

It was significantly revamped about a year ago.

owenshooter wrote:did you really fall for a two year old bump by a veteran player that has never posted in the forums before...

If it is his first time in the forums, he should definitely be encouraged to make a repeat appearance. Especially since it seems that English is not his first language, it may have required quite a bit of courage to expose himself here, so try to be just a little bit welcoming.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby elmiguel60 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:42 am

Dukasaur wrote:If it is his first time in the forums, he should definitely be encouraged to make a repeat appearance. Especially since it seems that English is not his first language, it may have required quite a bit of courage to expose himself here, so try to be just a little bit welcoming.

Hah, I am English!
Why did you think that?

I've just always been a forum spectator...until yesterday.
Sergeant 1st Class elmiguel60

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:52 am

elmiguel60 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:If it is his first time in the forums, he should definitely be encouraged to make a repeat appearance. Especially since it seems that English is not his first language, it may have required quite a bit of courage to expose himself here, so try to be just a little bit welcoming.

Hah, I am English!
Why did you think that?

I've just always been a forum spectator...until yesterday.

The odd syntax of the second paragraph seemed to me like the way some immigrants write. Nothing wrong with it, just seemed odd.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Hope you have a blast...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion