Risk compared to Backgammon

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Risk compared to Backgammon

Postby nippersean on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 am

I believe the dice allow more domination, since they are easily calculated, of course anyone can get lucky once in a while, even rubbish players can throw lots of double sixes.

But who would want to become conk using a program? What would be the point?

For IBM it was a statement and advertisement, I don't believe being conk on CC holds the same weight as beating the best chess player of all time.

Personally, knowing that there are better programs and better chess players / backgammon / CC + poker players doesn't stop me enjoying having a game.
Colonel nippersean

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

When i lived in England, back in 1994, i had no idea about computers, but i believed i can play chess, and i lost against the computer at the hardest level,
i started to write down my moves, when i realized one mistake the computer made, in the second game i beat him,

then i played the same opening, the same moves until the crucial mistake moment of the computer, i realised that the comp is doing all the same,
finaly i beat the comp, i didnt even bother to play different openings or moves, my goal was just to beat the computer, i succeeded ,
today i dont play chess anymore, i dont have any opponents, not many people play chess in real life, not in my close friendship or community,
anyway, i believe, that a human can beat a comp if he starts to know his weak point,
the old greek achiles nerve, i believe in human intelligence, artificial intelligence is programmed by human intelligence,
to much philosophy now, we have been there before, everything happened, its just repeating itself, humans win
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby premio53 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:When i lived in England, back in 1994, i had no idea about computers, but i believed i can play chess, and i lost against the computer at the hardest level,
i started to write down my moves, when i realized one mistake the computer made, in the second game i beat him,

then i played the same opening, the same moves until the crucial mistake moment of the computer, i realised that the comp is doing all the same,
finaly i beat the comp, i didnt even bother to play different openings or moves, my goal was just to beat the computer, i succeeded ,
today i dont play chess anymore, i dont have any opponents, not many people play chess in real life, not in my close friendship or community,
anyway, i believe, that a human can beat a comp if he starts to know his weak point,
the old greek achiles nerve, i believe in human intelligence, artificial intelligence is programmed by human intelligence,
to much philosophy now, we have been there before, everything happened, its just repeating itself, humans win

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but do you know the difference between a pawn and the rear end of a Knight? Just trying to interject a little humor. Grandmasters no longer play matches against computers because it is futile.
Major premio53

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby premio53 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 pm

AsianKing if you want to see how strong even a computer program several years old is simply download a copy of Slow Chess Blitz and it will beat you 100% of the time. It is "weak" compared to Rybka and others.
Major premio53

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion