Maps where escalading is required

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Maps where escalading is required

Postby premio53 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 am

Are some maps so big that unless escalading spoils are used there is the danger of not being able to kill each other? A couple of times I was in a 3 man contest with flat rate and someone eventually had to suicide to get the game over with. I was thinking of Hive which I've never played.
Major premio53

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Maps where escalading is required

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 am

premio53 wrote:Are some maps so big that unless escalading spoils are used there is the danger of not being able to kill each other? A couple of times I was in a 3 man contest with flat rate and someone eventually had to suicide to get the game over with. I was thinking of Hive which I've never played.

Hive should be removed altogether! Or remade or something. To answer your question, no there aren't any maps where you can't freely choose which spoils you want to play with.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Round limits are your friend for these situations. Players who join those types of games without round limits generally play the game from more of a diplomacy standpoint and like the idea of working their way out of stalemate. More like an extreme endurance battle, rather than a simple game of "risk"
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Sergeant 1st Class MoB Deadly

Medals: 144
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 am

MoB Deadly wrote:Round limits are your friend for these situations. Players who join those types of games without round limits generally play the game from more of a diplomacy standpoint and like the idea of working their way out of stalemate. More like an extreme endurance battle, rather than a simple game of "risk"

There's always the odd risk that it shows up when you choose random map.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Return to Conquer Club Discussion