Conquer Club

"The Revolution OVER"--fail or succes ? please vote

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

First Revolution of Implementations are over, are this was fail or big achivement ?

Total votes : 0

Re: "The Revolution OVER"--fail or succes ? please vote

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:40 am

TeeGee wrote:I think el_jefe will not look at what he did for the site, but rather how much profit he made and will determine his success on that

well if this correct, then hes withdraw after 9 month, dont look so good for hes pocket, could meant that he dont earn enough money, so he dont want to waste more time on CC ?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:that is because you are trying to answer a different question. the poll is not to rate el_jefe's reign (many shades of grey) but whether the revolution was successful (black or white).

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two. Elaborate!

The question you are asking is like asking "Was Montgomery a good general?" The question greenoaks is asking is like "Did Montgomery capture Benghazi?"

We could spend hours debating whether Montgomery was a good general. He certainly did some smart things, even very smart things. He also did some really stupid things, even colossally stupid things like forcing Patton to halt at Argentan. After a long and tiresome debate, we would probably conclude something like "Montgomery was a pretty good general, but not as good as he thought he was, and certainly not as good as popular folklore has made him out to be."

On the other hand, the question of "Did Montgomery capture Benghazi?" can be answered in about 20 seconds of looking it up and with no debate whatsoever. It's a simple yes or no, and not a matter of opinion. Either he captured it or he didn't.

Not only are the two questions different in nature, they are also largely irrelevant to each other. Libya fell to the British because the German High Command was too stupid to assign a high priority to resupplying Rommel. Montgomery, being a pretty-good-but-not-great general, correctly exploited the situation. If he had been a brilliant general, the result probably would have been much the same. If he had been an atrociously bad general, the result still probably would have been about the same.

got it! in that case yes, the revolution was not so hot.
Cook Butters1919

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 am

I wish this poll was in the off topics. I think more options would make it more informative.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I wish this poll was in the off topics. I think more options would make it more informative.

--Andy

In other words where's the kittens option?
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Foxglove on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

We've been WHAMed. qwert, you should start a new thread!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 am

If a user selects Che Guevara as his avatar, would anyone be surprised at his failing to run an enterprise?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:If a user selects Che Guevara as his avatar, would anyone be surprised at his failing to run an enterprise?

:lol:
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Where is the "meh" option?

I don't feel that it FAILED, per se. Nor did it achieve great accomplishments. It was somewhere inbetween.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Gilligan wrote:Where is the "meh" option?

I don't feel that it FAILED, per se. Nor did it achieve great accomplishments. It was somewhere inbetween.

Scroll back in the thread. I made that same argument and had it argued out of me.
Cook Butters1919

Postby The Voice on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am

Butters1919 wrote:

Scroll back in the thread. I made that same argument and had it argued out of me.

I was going to respond to Duk's example, but didn't have time.

On the other hand, the question of "Did Montgomery capture Benghazi?" can be answered in about 20 seconds of looking it up and with no debate whatsoever. It's a simple yes or no, and not a matter of opinion. Either he captured it or he didn't.

Here's the problem with that. If this question isn't a matter of opinion and therefore not up for debate, then why establish a poll in the first place? If the question elicits a purely objective answer, then just tell us whether he failed or succeeded.
Major The Voice

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 am

The Voice wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

Here's the problem with that. If this question isn't a matter of opinion and therefore not up for debate, then why establish a poll in the first place? If the question elicits a purely objective answer, then just tell us whether he failed or succeeded.

Well, I suppose the selection of criteria might not be objectively, but once they've been selected then they can be evaluated objectively. So, I suppose the question should really be asking, "based on what you consider important, did the Revolution do accomplish anything useful?"

Glad I didn't write the question...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 am

Dukasaur wrote:
The Voice wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

Well, I suppose the selection of criteria might not be objectively, but once they've been selected then they can be evaluated objectively. So, I suppose the question should really be asking, "based on what you consider important, did the Revolution do accomplish anything useful?"

Glad I didn't write the question...:)

well question also could be build like:
"based on what you consider important, what implementations bring to us this Revolution
A--minor cosmetic implementations
B--major ,with positive impact implementations

-------------------------------------------------------
me personaly will vote for A, because i dont find any implementation who make big possitive changes, or maybe i dont notice that?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Butters1919 wrote:

No I didn't. THis is my first post in the thread since.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 am

I think it's important to judge el jefe's reign in the context of what BigWham has been able to do since. I have no doubt that he paved the way for the current improvements, and that I'm sure quite a few of the updates we are reaping the benefits of now commenced under EJ's era so that a significant amount of praise must go his way as well for the endeavour
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Leehar wrote:I think it's important to judge el jefe's reign in the context of what BigWham has been able to do since. I have no doubt that he paved the way for the current improvements, and that I'm sure quite a few of the updates we are reaping the benefits of now commenced under EJ's era so that a significant amount of praise must go his way as well for the endeavour

Paved the way? How exactly?

If by 'paved the way', you mean 'better than lackattack's inattention', then sure, but a real life turtle could've performed similar feats to el jefe's.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion