Aesthetically Pleasing Maps

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Aesthetically Pleasing Maps

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 am

Which maps just tend to give you a warm fuzzy feeling while playing them simply due to their "eye candy" appeal?

I would have to say for me Treasures of the Galapagos is probably at the top of my list. I already love the ocean in rl and the colors of this map as well as the gentle lines really give it a relaxing feel imho. Not to mention the cool animal pictures in the backdrop(the playful seal especially appeals to me).
Last edited by Funkyterrance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Aestetically Pleasing Maps

Postby CBlake on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Which maps just tend to give you a warm fuzzy feeling while playing them simply due to their "eye candy" appeal?

I would have to say for me Treasures of the Galapagos is probably at the top of my list. I already love the ocean in rl and the colors of this map as well as the gentle lines really give it a relaxing feel imho. Not to mention the cool animal pictures in the backdrop(the playful seal especially appeals to me).

Honestly anything that tends to have colors that stick out versus the ones that are more rustic and faded. Also the more simple it is to look at will do it for me :). I hate the maps that have more instructions than actual map!
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am

One that really comes to mind for me here is Nordic Countries.
Not too complicated, nice colour palate and great texture.

Also you missed the "h" is aesthetically.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Medals: 147
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am

jigger1986 wrote:Also you missed the "h" is aesthetically.

Thx, jigger. Fixed. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Aesthetically Pleasing Maps

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 am

Most aesthetically pleasing = Celtic Nations

Least = Toss up between Operation Drug War or Crossword
Lieutenant Butters1919

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30)

Return to General Discussion