Conquer Club

Are there less players these days?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 am

AslanTheKing wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

hey xenon, glad to see u have a premium account now, did u stop smoking pot?

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?

I think you have me confused with that 21st century chick from those old Disney made for TV movies. And no ill never quit pot. It's a drug that lets us escape this world. I actually drive a 2010 Chevy silverado
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby stoicbird on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 am

greenoaks wrote:
stoicbird wrote:The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.

it is not just the forums. there are to many people running to C&A to report people for calling them a bad name, or reporting people for comments made in games they aren't in.

we use to say 'suck it up cupcake, this is a wargame'. then it was 'FAMO'. now the 'offender' gets banned.

Exactly my point. There is now a snitch culture here that will be impossible to get rid of. And its always the liberals that want freedom of speech taken away.

BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.

Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?

This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?

But you did reply... I'm simply too much dictator for one forum.

So, what's this about AndyDufresne, the CC Forum Butcher and Destroyer of Lost Children?

You and I have been here since 2008, but we've reached different conclusions on what affects the livelihood of the forum. Based on my observations, AndyD has been a mild moderator, but I'm not sure how much he bothered to micromanage his moderators.

Stringent enforcement seems to have been the biggest problem, but that's been relaxed--at least in the OT--thanks to local, non-mod efforts.

In my opinion, people come and go, like waves. You see it at bars, grocery stores, retailers, and so on. Perhaps, some of them have run out of things to say, or maybe they've got more valuable things to do--whatever that may be. The alleged decrease in activity is likely to be beyond CC's control.

The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.

Ah, I remember you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180364&p=3944420#p3944420

You constantly perceive that people are attacking (welfare) liberalism--even though they aren't. It's not a useful approach because it leads you into misunderstanding what the very topic is. Hopefully, you can stop narrowing so many topics into attacks against being 'liberal'.

What are you talking about? I've noticed that you just argue for the sake of it. Mrchangsta whom likes to talk seriously about this site and strategy has a fool like you coming into his threads and talking gibberish. My advice to you is visit an online dating site and relieve some of that pent up fustration because your need to be perceived as funny/intelligent falls miserably short.
Captain stoicbird

Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 pm

That wasn't too bad. You're still stuck in Misunderstanding Mode, but I've said my bit, and hopefully you become a better person in the RL or the Internets. Good luck.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Izual_Rebirth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

xeno wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?

I think you have me confused with that 21st century chick from those old Disney made for TV movies. And no ill never quit pot. It's a drug that lets us escape this world. I actually drive a 2010 Chevy silverado

Why would you want to escape this world?
Cook Izual_Rebirth

Postby xeno on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
xeno wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:

do you have a car?

Why would you want to escape this world?
is that a serious question? Look around..
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Izual_Rebirth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm

It was a serious question. Yes.
Cook Izual_Rebirth

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:What new player is going to willingly play a foggy freestyle game, I mean really, come on.

In my first 10 games, 4 were freestyle foggy classics. I enjoyed them enough to stay around :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 am

Izual_Rebirth wrote:It was a serious question. Yes.

This world is shitty in short
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Izual_Rebirth on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

Why is it shitty?
Cook Izual_Rebirth

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 am

xeno wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:It was a serious question. Yes.

This world is shitty in short

Is it shitty in long?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Why is it shitty?

It's not so much that its shitty actually, just so much better when stoned off pot. If you haven't smoked it then its hard to explain
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Izual_Rebirth on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 pm

I smoked loads of it when I was younger. Just gave me a bad head and made me sluggish most of the time.
Cook Izual_Rebirth

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion