Are there less players these days?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby stoicbird on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?
Captain stoicbird
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


Now I'm not agreeing with stoicbird's assement necessarily but from how I understood it he's saying that Andy was dictating which views were allowed and which weren't. Those allowed being the liberal ones.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 am

When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:27 am

xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

there were also less than a quarter of the maps and no FoW.

games filled fast because of that restriction in choice.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby stoicbird on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:51 am

greenoaks wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

there were also less than a quarter of the maps and no FoW.

games filled fast because of that restriction in choice.


So f.o.w and four times more maps are to blame for a huge reduction in active players? I might agree if you had added the most pointless game option 'trench', which genius thought of such a ridiculous option?

Lets get real people Andy Dufresne strangled the life and soul out of this site!!! How the f*ck can somebody that pretends to be a monkey control a thriving forum?

Maybe the new people should email all the people banned under monkey boy offering them the chance to be unbanned and a clean slate. I'd say membership would increase be 10% within one month.
Captain stoicbird
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 am

stoicbird wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

there were also less than a quarter of the maps and no FoW.

games filled fast because of that restriction in choice.


So f.o.w and four times more maps are to blame for a huge reduction in active players? I might agree if you had added the most pointless game option 'trench', which genius thought of such a ridiculous option?

Lets get real people Andy Dufresne strangled the life and soul out of this site!!! How the f*ck can somebody that pretends to be a monkey control a thriving forum?

Maybe the new people should email all the people banned under monkey boy offering them the chance to be unbanned and a clean slate. I'd say membership would increase be 10% within one month.
shh he's watching he'll ban you too! Dissent against the great lord is forbidden here
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby macbone on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 am

Izuul, try some different maps on different settings. Most of the people joining your 4-player Classic games seem to be New Recruits.
User avatar
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 81
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby premio53 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 am

stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.

I doubt the new owners can find a way to reverse or even halt the dwindling numbers created by Andy's sterling work.

The maps should be split up into two sections also. Complex maps and normal play maps which should also create two sections of joining/creating games into join a complex game/join normal play game.

All new recruits should neither win or lose points for their first ten games.

These are the easy steps to making this site a success once again. However, the culture created in the forum by Andy's leadership I doubt can ever be mended.

I believe there were approximately 20,000 players four or five years ago. How many are there currently?
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby macbone on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:39 am

The scoreboard shows 15145 right now.

This thread has been following the numbers on the scoreboard: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152877&p=4031912&hilit=declining#p4031912 The first post records 17315 active users a year and a half ago.
User avatar
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 81
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am

stoicbird wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

there were also less than a quarter of the maps and no FoW.

games filled fast because of that restriction in choice.


So f.o.w and four times more maps are to blame for a huge reduction in active players? I might agree if you had added the most pointless game option 'trench', which genius thought of such a ridiculous option?

Lets get real people Andy Dufresne strangled the life and soul out of this site!!! How the f*ck can somebody that pretends to be a monkey control a thriving forum?

Maybe the new people should email all the people banned under monkey boy offering them the chance to be unbanned and a clean slate. I'd say membership would increase be 10% within one month.

i'm sorry if english is not your native language. let me explain.

i started by saying 'there were also'. that means i offered some additional reasons.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby stoicbird on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:21 pm

greenoaks wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence

there were also less than a quarter of the maps and no FoW.

games filled fast because of that restriction in choice.


So f.o.w and four times more maps are to blame for a huge reduction in active players? I might agree if you had added the most pointless game option 'trench', which genius thought of such a ridiculous option?

Lets get real people Andy Dufresne strangled the life and soul out of this site!!! How the f*ck can somebody that pretends to be a monkey control a thriving forum?

Maybe the new people should email all the people banned under monkey boy offering them the chance to be unbanned and a clean slate. I'd say membership would increase be 10% within one month.

i'm sorry if english is not your native language. let me explain.

i started by saying 'there were also'. that means i offered some additional reasons.


Sorry about that, I forgot about the original post and had moved on to reasons why there are less active players and ways to encourage new arrivals to stay. My bad but yes English is my native language.
Captain stoicbird
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby KoolBak on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Not sure if its been mentioned, but perhaps you should join a group or a clan - in my 6 years here, I play 99% with my group mates and we always have plenty of games ;o) You also avoid the pain of meeting the multitude of dumbasses in the public pool :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak
 
Posts: 3734
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I would join a clan or partner up, but I don't want to leave someone to fight alone.Should something happen,as (game chat :game 10210804)(I almost stopped playing).I like being in charge of my troops,I don't want to cost someone else a Victory...As for the public pool.That's where the new people will be,in the public pool.The very thing C.C.Land needs---new people to join.That's how you meet people and make them feel welcome.Not isolated in a clan or just with old friends.....ConfederateSS...out!!!!!!!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ConfederateSS
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:The very thing C.C.Land needs---new people to join.That's how you meet people and make them feel welcome.Not isolated in a clan or just with old friends.....ConfederateSS...out!!!!!!!

The same could be said about what killed Xbox live. Party chat and clans
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby jsnyder748 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:50 pm

xeno wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:The very thing C.C.Land needs---new people to join.That's how you meet people and make them feel welcome.Not isolated in a clan or just with old friends.....ConfederateSS...out!!!!!!!

The same could be said about what killed Xbox live. Party chat and clans


When did xbox live die? last time i checked there were millions who play xbox lol
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 am

stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?


But you did reply... I'm simply too much dictator for one forum.


So, what's this about AndyDufresne, the CC Forum Butcher and Destroyer of Lost Children?

You and I have been here since 2008, but we've reached different conclusions on what affects the livelihood of the forum. Based on my observations, AndyD has been a mild moderator, but I'm not sure how much he bothered to micromanage his moderators.

Stringent enforcement seems to have been the biggest problem, but that's been relaxed--at least in the OT--thanks to local, non-mod efforts.

In my opinion, people come and go, like waves. You see it at bars, grocery stores, retailers, and so on. Perhaps, some of them have run out of things to say, or maybe they've got more valuable things to do--whatever that may be. The alleged decrease in activity is likely to be beyond CC's control.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby stoicbird on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?


But you did reply... I'm simply too much dictator for one forum.


So, what's this about AndyDufresne, the CC Forum Butcher and Destroyer of Lost Children?

You and I have been here since 2008, but we've reached different conclusions on what affects the livelihood of the forum. Based on my observations, AndyD has been a mild moderator, but I'm not sure how much he bothered to micromanage his moderators.

Stringent enforcement seems to have been the biggest problem, but that's been relaxed--at least in the OT--thanks to local, non-mod efforts.

In my opinion, people come and go, like waves. You see it at bars, grocery stores, retailers, and so on. Perhaps, some of them have run out of things to say, or maybe they've got more valuable things to do--whatever that may be. The alleged decrease in activity is likely to be beyond CC's control.


The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.
Captain stoicbird
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 pm

xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence



hey xenon, glad to see u have a premium account now, did u stop smoking pot?

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !


AOK

show: AOK Rocks
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 pm

stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?


But you did reply... I'm simply too much dictator for one forum.


So, what's this about AndyDufresne, the CC Forum Butcher and Destroyer of Lost Children?

You and I have been here since 2008, but we've reached different conclusions on what affects the livelihood of the forum. Based on my observations, AndyD has been a mild moderator, but I'm not sure how much he bothered to micromanage his moderators.

Stringent enforcement seems to have been the biggest problem, but that's been relaxed--at least in the OT--thanks to local, non-mod efforts.

In my opinion, people come and go, like waves. You see it at bars, grocery stores, retailers, and so on. Perhaps, some of them have run out of things to say, or maybe they've got more valuable things to do--whatever that may be. The alleged decrease in activity is likely to be beyond CC's control.


The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.


Ah, I remember you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180364&p=3944420#p3944420

You constantly perceive that people are attacking (welfare) liberalism--even though they aren't. It's not a useful approach because it leads you into misunderstanding what the very topic is. Hopefully, you can stop narrowing so many topics into attacks against being 'liberal'.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 am

stoicbird wrote:The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.

it is not just the forums. there are to many people running to C&A to report people for calling them a bad name, or reporting people for comments made in games they aren't in.

we use to say 'suck it up cupcake, this is a wargame'. then it was 'FAMO'. now the 'offender' gets banned.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 am

AslanTheKing wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence



hey xenon, glad to see u have a premium account now, did u stop smoking pot?

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?

I think you have me confused with that 21st century chick from those old Disney made for TV movies. And no ill never quit pot. It's a drug that lets us escape this world. I actually drive a 2010 Chevy silverado
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby stoicbird on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 am

greenoaks wrote:
stoicbird wrote:The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.

it is not just the forums. there are to many people running to C&A to report people for calling them a bad name, or reporting people for comments made in games they aren't in.

we use to say 'suck it up cupcake, this is a wargame'. then it was 'FAMO'. now the 'offender' gets banned.


Exactly my point. There is now a snitch culture here that will be impossible to get rid of. And its always the liberals that want freedom of speech taken away.

BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
stoicbird wrote:There are almost 40% less players now than there was when I joined.

I used to enjoy reading the forums here but now its like a young liberal party forum. I blame Andy Dufresne for turning this forum into a bland inane place where all views are not allowed. Employing him was CC's biggest mistake.


Would you frequent OT more if we added a few more dictators?


This is a typical inane post!!! If you're not a liberal you're a dictactor.

He's obviously trying to be humouress but seriously how much can you bother replying to such drivel?


But you did reply... I'm simply too much dictator for one forum.


So, what's this about AndyDufresne, the CC Forum Butcher and Destroyer of Lost Children?

You and I have been here since 2008, but we've reached different conclusions on what affects the livelihood of the forum. Based on my observations, AndyD has been a mild moderator, but I'm not sure how much he bothered to micromanage his moderators.

Stringent enforcement seems to have been the biggest problem, but that's been relaxed--at least in the OT--thanks to local, non-mod efforts.

In my opinion, people come and go, like waves. You see it at bars, grocery stores, retailers, and so on. Perhaps, some of them have run out of things to say, or maybe they've got more valuable things to do--whatever that may be. The alleged decrease in activity is likely to be beyond CC's control.


The different conclusions we've reached are due to our different views we have on the politics. Andy dufresne has turned a world domination based game site into a Walt Disney forum. Cute for kids absolutely bland for adults.


Ah, I remember you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180364&p=3944420#p3944420

You constantly perceive that people are attacking (welfare) liberalism--even though they aren't. It's not a useful approach because it leads you into misunderstanding what the very topic is. Hopefully, you can stop narrowing so many topics into attacks against being 'liberal'.


What are you talking about? I've noticed that you just argue for the sake of it. Mrchangsta whom likes to talk seriously about this site and strategy has a fool like you coming into his threads and talking gibberish. My advice to you is visit an online dating site and relieve some of that pent up fustration because your need to be perceived as funny/intelligent falls miserably short.
Captain stoicbird
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 pm

That wasn't too bad. You're still stuck in Misunderstanding Mode, but I've said my bit, and hopefully you become a better person in the RL or the Internets. Good luck.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby Izual_Rebirth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

xeno wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence



hey xenon, glad to see u have a premium account now, did u stop smoking pot?

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?

I think you have me confused with that 21st century chick from those old Disney made for TV movies. And no ill never quit pot. It's a drug that lets us escape this world. I actually drive a 2010 Chevy silverado


Why would you want to escape this world?
User avatar
Corporal Izual_Rebirth
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Are there less players these days?

Postby xeno on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
xeno wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
xeno wrote:When I first had premium it was five bucks cheaper and speed games had just come out and there were definitely a lot more active players. Those days were probably the peak of this websites existence



hey xenon, glad to see u have a premium account now, did u stop smoking pot?

no seriously, thumbs up for your investment, now next step is to have a new goal,

do you have a car?

I think you have me confused with that 21st century chick from those old Disney made for TV movies. And no ill never quit pot. It's a drug that lets us escape this world. I actually drive a 2010 Chevy silverado


Why would you want to escape this world?
is that a serious question? Look around..
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kexor

Login