Conquer Club

Are Settings Ultimately Killing CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Are Settings Ultimately Killing CC?

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 am

qwertylpc wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
Exactly my point.

Hence the reason for limiting the maps. Opening them up as you progress.

That's what I said, not what you said. I was an advocate for limiting it, 5 games is not enough to learn

I don't understand the whole 5 game solution. Even if it was 50 or 500 games. The site should provide another group of "Join Games" that allow simple, familiar maps and settings for beginning players. No team play, classic and other maps that could be considered classic-esque. Spoils remain at escalating.

The "Join A Game" button is the problem, it just dumps a whole bunch of unfamiliar maps and playing options on new recruits. Why not have two "Join Games" buttons? Casual Games and Advanced Games?

I for one do not like even looking at the Join Game pages. I am more apt to just start my own games, but then I am waiting a few days until all the players have been filled.

I think the site is overwhelming for new comers.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 am

New recruits cannot join advanced games now with some settings till they become ranked (5 games completed). The only way for a new recruit to join a Poison Rome on Trench, adjacent, nukes is to be invited by an existing player. And we have a name for those people. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby pickleofdoom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 pm

I very rarely click on join a game, but the other day i did it and saw a load of das scloss team games, with a strong team and a bunch of cooks and privates joining rival teams 1 by 1. I, like funky, found myself thinking that something is not right. What struck me was not that there were too many settings, but simply that a certain strange farming type of game were all filling up the first page. This would be a problem not just to brand new recruits but for any player who is not super expert and not familiar with what settings do what, but would like to see what is on offer by clicking "join a game". Would be good to find a way to bump these games down the list and get a nice variety of games which less expert players would be able to play onto page 1. Regarding very new players with restricted set of maps, that is all well and good, as long as the off-limit maps are automatically not showing up on the join a game list. People generaly dont like to wade through loads of stuff they dont want to find something they do. Thats why department stores plan the layout of the different items for sale.

Maybe jazz up the algorithm for sorting the games to give some priority to the more popular ones. Not sure quite how that should be done tho.
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 pm

ITT, aslan admits to being a multi.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion