Using your gaming controller with your computer

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Using your gaming controller with your computer

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

This is an easy step by step guide to connect your gaming controller [Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, etc.] to act as the cursor on your computer! You can also use it to play games.

1. Make sure you have an adapter to USB. For example, PS2's require a PS2 to USB adapter to work.

2. Plug the controller into your computer via USB, and let the driver install.

3. Download this link:
show

4. Open and run the program.

5. Create a new Configuration, name it whatever you want.

6. This is where it get's a little tricky. Under the Joystick 1 tab, you will see Axis, Slider, and other Titles as you scroll down. Double click AxisX till you see a box pop up. Select the Mouse tab.

This is now to personal preference. AxisX controls your right joystick and it makes it go left (<0) or right (>0). AxisY controls your up(<0) and down (>0). Set these up to your personal settings, making sure that both (<0) are negative [for example, (-60)] and that both (>0) are positive [for example, (60)]. Be sure that AxisX says horizontal and AxisY says vertical.

Now if you want to add buttons [like right click, left click, and the wheel] scroll down on the Joystick 1 tab till you see Button 1.

You can set a specific button to right click, left click, or whatever. It's just a simple click box. Select it and then you will be able to use it like a mouse.

Now for me, I use a PS2 controller. Button 1 is the Square, Button 2 is the X, Button 3 is the O, and Button 4 is the Triangle.
Button 5 is R1, Button 6 is L1, and so forth.

If there are any questions, post them here or PM me!
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Major Jdsizzleslice

Location: Former Tech Mod :: High Score: General - 3651 :: Rank: 33
Medals: 87
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (9)

Re: Using your gaming controller with your computer

Postby ender516 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 pm

I don't have any such hardware, but this seems like a clever idea. I would not have found this directly since I seldom venture into General Discussion, but someone posted a link to this elsewhere. I intend to post a link to here from a similarly titled post in the Tools & Enhancements forum.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 am

very interesting post,
my question is, what do i gain from that?
i can connect my tv to the internet, apart from playing from a bigger screen, what else do i gain

with the comp and mouse i am much faster,
or is it just for fun
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:very interesting post,
my question is, what do i gain from that?
i can connect my tv to the internet, apart from playing from a bigger screen, what else do i gain

with the comp and mouse i am much faster,
or is it just for fun

It's just for fun. I find it interesting. But this also makes the lazier more lazy. :P
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Major Jdsizzleslice

Location: Former Tech Mod :: High Score: General - 3651 :: Rank: 33
Medals: 87
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm

if u play from your tv, are the dice as fu**ing " normal" as they are?
or are they better?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:if u play from your tv, are the dice as fu**ing " normal" as they are?
or are they better?

It really depends on the intensity of one's Dice Dance.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:if u play from your tv, are the dice as fu**ing " normal" as they are?
or are they better?

u can only judge the dice when playing 1 vs 1
there u get the impact of bad dice to a great extend,
it doesnt matter in a different game, but in 1 vs 1 , bad unlucky streak is a killer

u have more experience then i do, but still i did play 1000 1 vs 1 games,
u on the other hand played 500 , 1 vs 1 games,

with maybe 1000 games played more then me?

so the dice do matter in 1 vs 1 games, in 8 player games- who cares about the dice?!?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
or are they better?

it doesnt matter in a different game, but in 1 vs 1 , bad unlucky streak is a killer

so the dice do matter in 1 vs 1 games, in 8 player games- who cares about the dice?!?

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
or are they better?

alright BBS... yo got me.. that shit's funny

Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
or are they better?

oh, very funny, no more words?
well , i can do that too, very impressive, watch

I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Return to Conquer Club Discussion