Conquer Club

Latest crazy map from the foundry

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I has a question.

Postby 2dimes on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 pm

What, if any, are the implications?

That the area described in the map is prophesied by God to be conquered?

Does anyone think that when someone plays the map it could fufill a prophacy?
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Latest crazy map from the foundry

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Straw Man.

There is no "nothing religious" crowd.

Fair enough- more of an exaggeration to express my point.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=188586#p4119908
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm

This whole thread is dumb.

Why does anybody even listen to what some guy that doesn't even play this game has to say? I find it hilarious when you (sym) post in GD, or C&A, or any forum other than OT. You don't play this game, you're only here for the forums. So why involve yourself in aspects of this website in which you don't even participate? It all just seems like trolling to me.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm

tkr4lf wrote:This whole thread is dumb.

Why does anybody even listen to what some guy that doesn't even play this game has to say? I find it hilarious when you (sym) post in GD, or C&A, or any forum other than OT. You don't play this game, you're only here for the forums. So why involve yourself in aspects of this website in which you don't even participate? It all just seems like trolling to me.

Can I consider this a vote for an OT discussion?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Neoteny on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:41 pm

I didn't read the thread, but saw an opportunity to attack Symmetry and took it. Figured I had a 50/50 shot of getting something to stick.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Neoteny wrote:I didn't read the thread, but saw an opportunity to attack Symmetry and took it. Figured I had a 50/50 shot of getting something to stick.

To be brutally honest, I don't know who you are. I'm sure you're fun to talk to though.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I went and re-read the caption on the map and I'll admit the wording is a little heavy handed. You could probably just tweak it a little and everyone would be happy as it does read as slightly "charged" as it stands.

Which part is "charged" or "heavy-handed"?

Well particularly the "According to God's prophecy" and "tear them apart and leave a valley of bones" bits could probably be toned down. It just sounds a bit extreme and the same energy could be conveyed without sounding so "challenging", if you know what I mean?
I personally don't have a problem with it but I could see how someone might be a little offended by the wording.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

It also claims a lot of territory as historically Israeli- the West bank, for example.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Has anyone tried Annie's Cheddar Bunnies? I'm not a fan but then again I don't really like those gold fish crackers either. Triscuits with olive oil and rosmary flavour are pretty good.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I went and re-read the caption on the map and I'll admit the wording is a little heavy handed. You could probably just tweak it a little and everyone would be happy as it does read as slightly "charged" as it stands.

Which part is "charged" or "heavy-handed"?

Well particularly the "According to God's prophecy" and "tear them apart and leave a valley of bones" bits could probably be toned down. It just sounds a bit extreme and the same energy could be conveyed without sounding so "challenging", if you know what I mean?
I personally don't have a problem with it but I could see how someone might be a little offended by the wording.

No sh*t.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Symmetry wrote:It also claims a lot of territory as historically Israeli- the West bank, for example.

So Philistia and Phoenicia should be removed? That sounds like a comment for the map forum.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:It also claims a lot of territory as historically Israeli- the West bank, for example.

So Philistia and Phoenicia should be removed? That sounds like a comment for the map forum.

If you like, though it's a virtual guarantee of a dead discussion.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

So you admit to wanting a lively discussion and not actually wanting a change to the map.

That is the dictionary definition of trolling.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

So you admit to wanting a lively discussion and not actually wanting a change to the map.

That is the dictionary definition of trolling.

I'm pretty sure that's not the dictionary definition of trolling.

So, where do you stand on the issue?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 pm

tkr4lf wrote:This whole thread is dumb.

To be fair, this thread has brought quite a bit of action into general discussion.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Symmetry wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:And what is your point of this??

Two question marks? I think you already know why this map can be considered controversial.

1) The aim of the map is overtly religious.
2) The aim of the map is overtly political.

Both are contentious.

I suppose the map could be considered controversial by some (in this thread, Symmetry). I don't think it should be changed to make it less overtly religious (to Symmetry) or less overtly political (to Symmetry).

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Ok, so it isn't, but it is the urban dictionary version at least.

Here he is spreading misinformation:
The truth is that he wants a lively discussion about Israel.
As such, he is taking on a false position.

Here's a couple of defs:

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue

deliberately arguing with complete fallacies on forums, comment threads, or message boards to get leets and other users pissed off by the troll's "ignorance"
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

What Symmetry has done here is not artful and it's certainly not clever. So, my ruling is...

NO TROLLING

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I suppose the map could be considered controversial by some (in this thread, Symmetry). I don't think it should be changed to make it less overtly religious (to Symmetry) or less overtly political (to Symmetry).

It's almost as if you have a grudge against someone...
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I suppose the map could be considered controversial by some (in this thread, Symmetry). I don't think it should be changed to make it less overtly religious (to Symmetry) or less overtly political (to Symmetry).

Did I miss someone else's complaints? I'm addressing the specific questions you posed in the third (or fourth) post of this thread. If someone else complained, I will certainly add that person's user name after your own in the parantheticals above.

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:17 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Did I miss someone else's complaints? I'm addressing the specific questions you posed in the third (or fourth) post of this thread. If someone else complained, I will certainly add that person's user name after your own in the parantheticals above.

No- nobody missed your point.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

No- nobody missed your point.

Excellent.

Moderators - lock this thread!

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:24 pm

I woulds suggest leaving it open for discussion.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

No, pretty sure you made it clear who you hate- it's Keira Knightley, right?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

No, pretty sure you made it clear who you hate- it's Keira Knightley, right?

I enjoy Ms. Knightley. I just wouldn't put her at the top of my list.

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion