How many game does it take you to learn a new map?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How many games doesn it take you to learn a new map?

1-2
38%
3-5
17%
7-10
17%
more
8%
I already know any new maps
4%
sometimes dogs are brown
17%

Total votes : 24

Re: How many game does it take you to learn a new map?

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 pm

skillfull wrote:You are missing the point here.
It doesn't matter if you know the map( connections/bonuses etc) but how you play this game called risk.
How good are you on strategy etc etc. I have seen a lot of players who know the map but they can't play very well cause they just not good at this game.
So, you may know everything in a map but you might never be a master on it.
That's my opinion.

true, everything does depend on overall skill. I'd like to say I know enough about strategy to go head to head against anyone on any setting, but there are always going to be people better than I am at certain things. I would say there isn't a more experienced objective freestyle player than me, but that doesn't mean I can win every time. I just know tricks that others don't and have spent so much time perfecting what I do.
Colonel jsnyder748

Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:01 pm

you guys have missed the whole thing,
its never skill, never was,
its never strategy alone( it might pay off if u play vs someone who has joined new , is 9 years old, and has no idea anyhow)

its all pure luck, sometimes more, mostly less,
its a game with dice, that says all

so dont waste your time
download the xml file, have a look, and u know the map , even before u have ever played it
start the game, and u know in rd 1, what your chances are
there good or bad
and if cc likes u, u have the dice
without dice, screw knowing anything

this is a bad dice world, the rest is fake
(2 dollars worth a month- the smart ones dont even get premium, they get conqueror for free)
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Captain AslanTheKing

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:you guys have missed the whole thing,
its never skill, never was,
its never strategy alone( it might pay off if u play vs someone who has joined new , is 9 years old, and has no idea anyhow)

its all pure luck, sometimes more, mostly less,
its a game with dice, that says all

so dont waste your time
download the xml file, have a look, and u know the map , even before u have ever played it
start the game, and u know in rd 1, what your chances are
there good or bad
and if cc likes u, u have the dice
without dice, screw knowing anything

this is a bad dice world, the rest is fake
(2 dollars worth a month- the smart ones dont even get premium, they get conqueror for free)

this is like saying poker is pure luck.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:51 am

betiko wrote:
this is like saying poker is pure luck.

no thats different, this is comparing apples with pears

poker is luck involved too,
when u get your first set of cards

then out of this cards u go for your highest possibilities ( no dice)
then there is the bodylanguage - u read your opponents ( no dice involved again)

its just the fact, that this is a computerworld, its a programm what gives u the dice
from random org or from disneyland , it doesnt matter

it will never get close to the reality in real life
comp progs kill every dicegame

dicegames in real life have a history, going back many 1000 years
comp history goes back 60 years
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Captain AslanTheKing

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion