Conquer Club

for all the mathematicians + other clowns

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

for all the mathematicians + other clowns

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:28 am

i read through all of the experts strategythreads in the forum

i read things like, dont attack 3vs1, 4vs2 is good, 5vs2 is better,

i tried to break a bonus of my opponent 4vs1, lost all
i tried to take my palace back, but couldnt deploy all to there to get it back, since i need to build somewhere else too,
so i tried a 5vs2, lost all, my palace gone

on the other hand im in a doodle tournament
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12642480&full_log=Y

my opponent congratulates me for the win, since he knows its game over
but in the next round attacks me with ridicoulous low troopcount
and turning the whole game around?

now lets get to the CC philosophy, where people are starting threads with
how many games do u have to play to master that map
or some bullshit strategyforums, where everybody is such a CC GOD, they know how to play

all have an intelligence quotient of 199 points and beat guys like einstein and mickey mouse

now honestly, to lose a game this way is totally crap
and thats why CC is declining

i cant believe im the only one this is happening too

as soon i have my swords, ridicoulous dice
last october i had the swords,
i went down until 1100 points, and im not making this up

this time i had the swords for 1 week,
i havent played speedgames because of my experience in october,
than i played speed again, booooooooooom
lost 45 points to a cook
why??
because CC is full of shit
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Re: for all the mathematicians + other clowns

Postby GoranZ on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:05 am

AslanTheKing wrote:i read things like, dont attack 3vs1

The one that said this is total noob... general rule for attacking is different, attack until you can make profit from your attack or create damage to your enemy. Statistically with 3v1 you can still create damage to your enemy. But if your attack doesn't have any meaning there is no need to be made.

AslanTheKing wrote:i tried to break a bonus of my opponent 4vs1, lost all
i tried to take my palace back, but couldnt deploy all to there to get it back, since i need to build somewhere else too,
so i tried a 5vs2, lost all, my palace gone

How many times you were successful? Or you are only counting your failures?

AslanTheKing wrote:my opponent congratulates me for the win, since he knows its game over
but in the next round attacks me with ridicoulous low troopcount
and turning the whole game around?

This is your fault... Its not up to you or your enemy to tell when the game is over. CC will tell that for you ;)

AslanTheKing wrote:now honestly, to lose a game this way is totally crap
and thats why CC is declining

wrong... CC is declining because of cheaters, because they are tolerated, because there is no rule saying: Using bugs in the system(any kind) will result in permanent ban. If you find bug report it ;)

But if you want to complain about the dice I can give you the tool. No matter how will you complain about the dice you will get same response and that is... blame random.org
So its obvious that you are asking wrong question. The correct question about bad dice is this:
HOW CC GET THE NUMBERS FROM RANDOM.ORG?
So there are several options(you can target any one for being buggy): batch for both players, batch for every player separately, dice per dice(as it comes) etc, etc... Its obvious that every way you take the dice will result in different dice stats (Mathematicians from CC can explain you why is this).
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am

Are you playing game with a lot of dice? Did you ever roll a dice?

I mean play 100 time 1vs1 on doodle map with real dice and come back tell us if real life is very different of what CC is doing.

I havent been playing Risk in real since long time but I still remember holding my NA bonus with a 8 vs1 and keep rolling 5 and 6. My opponent screamed at the dice just like you, then I gave him bottle of whisky and we were gone for the next round .But well that kind of 100% bad luck ( well in the special case I mentionned I call it good luck) does happen in real.
And I do play other game where you have to throw way much dice than in any usual Risk game. I can tell you CC dice are not fucked up.

Map rank me on speed game, I am a cook and it made me lost smtgh like 1300 points to play speed game since I am on CC.
I wont blam dice on speed game. It is just me playing low rank on 100% luck game.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 am

Your dice are dead even, according to your dice stats

Stop making dice threads
Captain Gilligan

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Gilligan wrote:Your dice are dead even, according to your dice stats

Stop making dice threads

Gilligan, you know better than me , what dead even means, i think we dont have to go further here
u know what i mean ( dice are brutally crap, u lose the game, no matter what, the last 5 rds ( game is already far far over,
your dice get unreal good)
i dont want unreal good dice for sake
i dont want somebody kicking my 21 troops with 9 troops autoclick
i want to strategize, think, plan, defend, and sometimes let me testorsteron go beserk and attack!!!
i dont want any presents, i am getting sick of this crap
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 pm

donelladan wrote:Are you playing game with a lot of dice? Did you ever roll a dice?

I mean play 100 time 1vs1 on doodle map with real dice and come back tell us if real life is very different of what CC is doing.

I havent been playing Risk in real since long time but I still remember holding my NA bonus with a 8 vs1 and keep rolling 5 and 6. My opponent screamed at the dice just like you, then I gave him bottle of whisky and we were gone for the next round .But well that kind of 100% bad luck ( well in the special case I mentionned I call it good luck) does happen in real.
And I do play other game where you have to throw way much dice than in any usual Risk game. I can tell you CC dice are not fucked up.

Map rank me on speed game, I am a cook and it made me lost smtgh like 1300 points to play speed game since I am on CC.
I wont blam dice on speed game. It is just me playing low rank on 100% luck game.

i understand what youre trying to say, i do, really
and i do think , at your level its does happen to you in a different way, u dont play 1vs1 games as much as i do ( and if u play then maybe in tournaments-because u have to, but u wouldnt play speed 1vs1, that would be suicidal)

on the other hand for example, youre down 1300 at speedgame
does this not make it obvious , its not in the interest of cc that too many people play speedgame,
what ever technical rason might be there, i would like to know
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:45 pm

[quote="GoranZ"

How many times you were successful? Or you are only counting your failures?

my success would show in amounts of medals won, count them for yourself
last time i got into semifinals of schloss, after playing all 7 games in rd 1
i smelled it, i knew, ok, this is gonna be tough, the dice are behaving not normal
they behave toatally against me, guess what, i lost 7 out of 7 games
i took the whole schloss, but 1 troops from opponent was left, and i didnt attack the last one with 3 troops
and thats coincidence? can u imagine what advantage i gain, if i own schloss?

This is your fault... Its not up to you or your enemy to tell when the game is over. CC will tell that for you ;)
thats exactly my point, CC can do this and thats for sure

wrong... CC is declining because of cheaters, because they are tolerated, because there is no rule saying: Using bugs in the system(any kind) will result in permanent ban. If you find bug report it ;)
i dont understand what u mean with bugs, i want hammer CC because of cheaters ( thats a different subject, and CC doesnt create them,
there just here)

But if you want to complain about the dice I can give you the tool. No matter how will you complain about the dice you will get same response and that is... blame random.org
So its obvious that you are asking wrong question. The correct question about bad dice is this:
HOW CC GET THE NUMBERS FROM RANDOM.ORG?
So there are several options(you can target any one for being buggy): batch for both players, batch for every player separately, dice per dice(as it comes) etc, etc... Its obvious that every way you take the dice will result in different dice stats (Mathematicians from CC can explain you why is this).[/quote]

i dont believe in mathematics at CC anymore, a fairytale teller i would trust more than mathematics in cc
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Crazyirishman on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Have you by chance considered the option of not crying about dice every time a statistical anomaly occurs in one of your games? The reason you may drop a 1000 points is not all dice, its that you don't play correctly, get angry and click the assault button until the cows come home, with every additional loss acting as a multiplier to your minority complex.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Gabriel13 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't see how this has anything to do with mathematicians or clowns for that matter. Everybody has bad streaks of luck, and I can almost guarantee you that anybody who plays lots of diverse settings on games and has played for over 2 years has had a 500 point drop or so.
Cook Gabriel13

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:Have you by chance considered the option of not crying about dice every time a statistical anomaly occurs in one of your games? The reason you may drop a 1000 points is not all dice, its that you don't play correctly, get angry and click the assault button until the cows come home, with every additional loss acting as a multiplier to your minority complex.

Definition of Exhibitionist

1. Noun. One who attempts to draw attention to himself or herself by his or her behaviour. ¹

2. Noun. One who exposes his or her genitalia (or female nipples) in public. ¹

3. Adjective. compulsively seeking attention ¹

¹ Source: wiktionary.com

i think i´m better off with my complex ( if i really have it by the way- cause i do feel superiour, and thats another complex)
i have the GOD Complex,
so wrong, sit down,
next
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Gabriel13 wrote:I don't see how this has anything to do with mathematicians or clowns for that matter. Everybody has bad streaks of luck, and I can almost guarantee you that anybody who plays lots of diverse settings on games and has played for over 2 years has had a 500 point drop or so.

so what you really trying to say to me is

dont waste your time , cause cc is full of shit and frustrates the hell out of you sooner or later?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 am

AslanTheKing wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:Have you by chance considered the option of not crying about dice every time a statistical anomaly occurs in one of your games? The reason you may drop a 1000 points is not all dice, its that you don't play correctly, get angry and click the assault button until the cows come home, with every additional loss acting as a multiplier to your minority complex.

Definition of Exhibitionist

1. Noun. One who attempts to draw attention to himself or herself by his or her behaviour. ¹

2. Noun. One who exposes his or her genitalia (or female nipples) in public. ¹

3. Adjective. compulsively seeking attention ¹

¹ Source: wiktionary.com

i think i´m better off with my complex ( if i really have it by the way- cause i do feel superiour, and thats another complex)
i have the GOD Complex,
so wrong, sit down,
next

Naw Dawg, that's not how it works. First off, you can't be an exhibitionist because exhibitionists are entertaining. You have to be more stoic about your dice because.... Guess what? Sometimes you get shit dice and no amount of strategy can overcome that... but that's why the game is called risk if you want something that depends solely on ability, play chess or badminton. There's nothing you can do about it, just accept it and CC life becomes infinitely less difficult. It's just like real life... sometimes you get shit luck, but in RL you don't run around declaring how injustices have been dealt upon you because in reality, nobody gives a f*ck about what has happened to you. Just apply that concept to CC and everything will be peach keen.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby greenoaks on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:55 am

Gabriel13 wrote:I don't see how this has anything to do with mathematicians or clowns for that matter. Everybody has bad streaks of luck, and I can almost guarantee you that anybody who plays lots of diverse settings on games and has played for over 2 years has had a 500 point drop or so.

i sometimes joke if some of my streaks last any longer i'll join SOC, knowing the streak will eventually end, my rank will go up & i'll graduate without having to learn a thing.

+ they'll give me a medal. ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 am

Crazyirishman wrote:
Naw Dawg, that's not how it works. First off, you can't be an exhibitionist because exhibitionists are entertaining. You have to be more stoic about your dice because.... Guess what? Sometimes you get shit dice and no amount of strategy can overcome that... but that's why the game is called risk if you want something that depends solely on ability, play chess or badminton. There's nothing you can do about it, just accept it and CC life becomes infinitely less difficult. It's just like real life... sometimes you get shit luck, but in RL you don't run around declaring how injustices have been dealt upon you because in reality, nobody gives a f*ck about what has happened to you. Just apply that concept to CC and everything will be peach keen.

Do you really think, that i go crazy because i lose one game,
u must be joking, i take the game , dice and losses as they are

but then this so called streak starts
and its not for 1 day or so, bullshit

it started with my semifinal schloss tournament ( 7 games) everytime i could have cleared a bonusarea,
one opponent troop was left, and once i had 8 troops, only 1 reg to clear to have bonus at schloss area,
i loose all, so it made me think,
strange, weird dice, but why is exactly one opp troop left,
why not 5 regs and 8 troops left,
no 1 troop, and i couldnt kill with 8???

then i played a cook in speed, lost 45 points???
then i played this tourn game, opp says already gg,
since it was over
but turns the game because of some stupid dice
f*ck u guys
dont try to teach me , or brainwash me,
this is normal

its not
and now get lost u clowns
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby frankiebee on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:57 am

AslanTheKing wrote:
Do you really think, that i go crazy because i lose one game,
u must be joking, i take the game , dice and losses as they are

Then stop making these dice threads.

I mean really, when you're playing a game with dice there is always a big luck factor. I once played a real life game of RISK with real dice and also lost a 9vs1 and a whole lot of other ridiculous outcomes.
If you want to play a game that measures skill go play chess, there is no luck involved there.

And if you have really bad streaks, it means you've got some pretty damn good ones to, because your dice stats are perfectly even.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 am

And the award to the most annoying dice complainer on CC goes to....
Major betiko

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 am

its not about complaining, its putting facts together,

if suddenly, u fail taking singles ( losing at least 3 troops on them), u dont succeed with 6vs3, 5vs2,
but opponents attack your 12 with 6 and succeed,
7vs2 and ure down to 5, try it again and end up with 3vs2, than i stop attacking

out of 40 games ( i had the swords by then)
i wanted to play save and joined classic, esc 8 guys,
i lost all of them, im not superiour at classic, but i know when to sting
now this percentage of losses, is hard to chew,

so what strategy is left
i was following the advices, build up defensesd ( opps go through them like hot knife through butter)
dont attack 3vs1,
have couple of stacks...
how can i improve, if i constantly fail,
can i join society of cooks ( do i have to be a cook to join?)
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Mr Changsha on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 am

Moving from 1vs1 standard (on which you could grab a major rank) to 8 man escalating (which is a completely different game) and not expecting your rank to drop like a stone would be an example of muddled thinking,

You have the issue that sequential 1vs1 will rarely allow you to top much over 2000, while large standard games can allow you to get past 3000, but only if you know how to play them. If you don't, and you have a major rank, then you are basically a tasty meal.

I would suggest that a 1vs1 player would be better to switch to dubs, trips or quads if they wanted to increase their rank as those games are more similar.

I think you have to accept that if you lost a bunch of those escalating games then you are obviously a bit crap at them. There is no shame in that. At games we are good at, we are able to overcome bad dice and still find ways to win. At games at which we suck, we are relying on GOOD dice to gain the win. Recently, I found my team down 72 to 49 at the end of round 2 on a trips game (europe). That we won was because I know my stuff on those settings and we hung on in there. A similar kind of disparity on different settings would equal an automatic loss for me as they would not be settings I specialise in.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby AAFitz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:25 am

If you are stupid enough to expect skill to matter in doodle...well...you deserve whatever you get :roll:

The strategic advice...is meant to be general advice, and it absolutely does not fit every situation.

In some situations, the only chance you have is to attack with absolutely everything and hope for the best, because if you are going to lose, you might as lose swinging.

Also, when you are up enough on a big map, and region count matters, attacking 3v1, 3v2 or even 3v3 is just fine. You just have to assume you will lose more than you kill...but as long as you factor that in, it doesnt make them bad attacks...it makes them risky choices, that you have to monitor progress on very carefully.

Luck and probability have much to do with the strategy, and often, you will get very bad luck, and the smaller and stupider the map...the more often the luck will matter.

Joining a doodle tournament is like joining a Bingo tournament....sure, you need to be able to read and talk....but after that, the game kind of decides it for you.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

i ll focus on different maps
no classic, luxembourg, doodle...
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you Mr. Changsha and AA Fitz,
your input is greatly appreciated and makes sense to me.
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Robinette on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:Thank you Mr. Changsha and AA Fitz,

wow... those posts really were well written...
i need to take some notes...

Brigadier Robinette

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Robinette wrote:
wow... those posts really were well written...
i need to take some notes...

Thank you Mr. Robinette

i will quicky make a note - a Robinote
Last edited by AslanTheKing on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 pm

First off, love the title.

So I had a chance to play my first rl risk game in ages the other day and believe me, the dice are just as fickle. I told my opponent(whom I was gracious enough to coach) that the game was over, barring insane dice on my part. I proceeded to throw the most ungodly dice I've seen in a long time, even on CC. It's just mojo, my man.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:54 pm

i am rolling real life dice
the difference is , the way you roll the dice
u can shake it longer, use the other hand, throw with more force, with little force ....

on here u dont have the power to believe in superstition
here u have to click

the result is obviously always an awkward output
if u have good dice, horrible good dice
bad dice, or horrible bad dice

there is always this strange feeling after
I used to roll the daizz

AOK