Conquer Club

Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 am

Gonakuruto wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:Killface

guy dominates on all maps and settings...

could easily be #1 with not a lot of effort if he really cared...

case closed....

Mc? lol... freestyle setting.... nough said

check the Subject line of the thread folks...

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

It seems that you have no idea of mc dominating in every map & setting possible to become conqueror for months, no farming watsoever included

It seems you have no idea how to read the subject line of a thread....

Strongest OVERALL player... so disregarding freestyle as some of you suggest? Start a different thread on best seq player... overall means ALL settings/maps/number of players/teams/solo...

Precisely why Killface is clearly there with Great-Ollie not far behind, and Herpes right on their heels...throw in Demonfork and Blitz if u care to...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 am

rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

It seems that you have no idea of mc dominating in every map & setting possible to become conqueror for months, no farming watsoever included

Strongest OVERALL player... so disregarding freestyle as some of you suggest? Start a different thread on best seq player... overall means ALL settings/maps/number of players/teams/solo...

Precisely why Killface is clearly there with Great-Ollie not far behind, and Herpes right on their heels...throw in Demonfork and Blitz if u care to...

This is a discussion so everyone has a right to an opinion even if you do not like it...
Many players would agree that freestyle does NOT belong in this conversation even if the word "overall" was in the original question. Mastering sequential games takes skill, tactics, and probability. Mastering freestyle seems more about being quick and willing to log in at all times of the day and night.

I should add: I have never played freestyle so my opinion may be off base...
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

This is a discussion so everyone has a right to an opinion even if you do not like it...
Many players would agree that freestyle does NOT belong in this conversation even if the word "overall" was in the original question. Mastering sequential games takes skill, tactics, and probability. Mastering freestyle seems more about being quick and willing to log in at all times of the day and night.

No, you are completely correct. Glorifying 1vs1 speed freestyle/freestyle merchants is nothing more than a bad joke. Then attempting to claim such types have any real mastery of sequential (generally the record simply doesn't support it) because 'if you can play quickly then obviously you can play slowly' is the height of idiocy.

I mean let them prattle on about how many regions they can take in a second :roll: , but lets not pretend they are much more than frantic button-mashers.

So as I said, the strongest player will be a sequential one as freestyle records are effectively meaningless, as they are based on speed, farming and collusion and have shit all to do with actual strategic thought.

As a thought experiment, try to name one legit. freestyle conqueror. As in one who wasn't farming, or bending the rules, or playing ridiculous settings, or simply cheating. If you can then I would guess the chap might be able to play sequentially...
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Are not freestylers like speed chess players? It takes a different variety of skills to execute quick and profitable decisions, so it's not as mindless as some would think. And if making decisions under much more pressure doesn't indicate a strength of that player, then the argument against freestyling becomes lacking (or rather, self-serving--as if playing under pressure is not a strength).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Are not freestylers like speed chess players? It takes a different variety of skills to execute quick and profitable decisions, so it's not as mindless as some would think. And if making decisions under much more pressure doesn't indicate a strength of that player, then the argument against freestyling becomes lacking (or rather, self-serving--as if playing under pressure is not a strength).

Quick decisions are reflective in speed games. Freestyle is not so much about quick decisions. Rather, it would seem, it is about quick reactions during the move. Or, it is about timing and setting up so you can move when others are sleeping. There is a reason so many players "farm" on that style and it is NOT because they are "thinking quicker"...
I believe I can stand toe to toe with almost anyone with respect to quick analytical thought and strategy. I would not,however, at age 49, even begin to believe I could click or move as quickly as younger players. I would also not be willing to get out of bed in the middle of the night to move before my opponents had the opportunity to do so. If you find these things to be skills relative to the actual game then you and I just see things differently....
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:36 pm

loutil wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Are not freestylers like speed chess players? It takes a different variety of skills to execute quick and profitable decisions, so it's not as mindless as some would think. And if making decisions under much more pressure doesn't indicate a strength of that player, then the argument against freestyling becomes lacking (or rather, self-serving--as if playing under pressure is not a strength).

Quick decisions are reflective in speed games. Freestyle is not so much about quick decisions. Rather, it would seem, it is about quick reactions during the move. Or, it is about timing and setting up so you can move when others are sleeping. There is a reason so many players "farm" on that style and it is NOT because they are "thinking quicker"...
I believe I can stand toe to toe with almost anyone with respect to quick analytical thought and strategy. I would not,however, at age 49, even begin to believe I could click or move as quickly as younger players. I would also not be willing to get out of bed in the middle of the night to move before my opponents had the opportunity to do so. If you find these things to be skills relative to the actual game then you and I just see things differently....

I don't consider the underlined aspects to be a strength either. Some people value CC more than regular sleep, perhaps, and I wouldn't call that a strength either.

Being the official contrarian, I find myself obligated to defend the freestylers, but re: the bold, that pretty much puts my argument to rest.

Okay, back to hating on freestylers in a more legitimate light!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:06 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

Understood... and u are way off base... you hint at casual fs, which is a joke of a setting... speed fs on the other hand takes all of the strategy of seq and adds speed, reaction time, quick thinking, and ability to modify ones strat at a moments notice... and while I agree that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, to leave speed fs out of the discussion for best OVERALL player seems ludicrous to me...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 pm

And btw.. any of the players that you would mention that would agree with you leaving speed fs out of this discussion? The HUGE majority would be players who rarely play speed fs, or have never played speed fs.... their opinion on the matter of whether it should be ignored in this thread is comfortably dismissed...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

No, you are completely correct. Glorifying 1vs1 speed freestyle/freestyle merchants is nothing more than a bad joke. Then attempting to claim such types have any real mastery of sequential (generally the record simply doesn't support it) because 'if you can play quickly then obviously you can play slowly' is the height of idiocy.

I mean let them prattle on about how many regions they can take in a second :roll: , but lets not pretend they are much more than frantic button-mashers.

So as I said, the strongest player will be a sequential one as freestyle records are effectively meaningless, as they are based on speed, farming and collusion and have shit all to do with actual strategic thought.

As a thought experiment, try to name one legit. freestyle conqueror. As in one who wasn't farming, or bending the rules, or playing ridiculous settings, or simply cheating. If you can then I would guess the chap might be able to play sequentially...

Spoken like someone who could no accel at speed fs regardless of their connection... to minimize strong fs players by calling them "button mashers" says more about you than the players u verbally attack... how do you explain top players such as Killface and Great-Ollie and King Herpes... and and and and....( the list goes on and on) who don't fit into ur extrememly closed minded view on the subject?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:19 pm

I re-iterate that FS should not be left out, however definitely not glorified. I hear blitz played 1000 FS games? Then yeah he should be mentioned. He was a great player, not afraid to play different settings. I think that's pretty awesome.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Im the most completely average player on this site at all settings, though :D
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

Understood... and u are way off base... you hint at casual fs, which is a joke of a setting... speed fs on the other hand takes all of the strategy of seq and adds speed, reaction time, quick thinking, and ability to modify ones strat at a moments notice... and while I agree that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, to leave speed fs out of the discussion for best OVERALL player seems ludicrous to me...

My problem with your position is that speed and reaction time are more a function of age than they are of skill. As I stated earlier, I would put my analytical skills against anyone. I would not, however, at 49 even think of competing with a 20 yr old in a game of speed and reaction time. All you could say is that they are faster than me you could not really say they were "better" or more skilled than me. This is a game of intellect it should not be a game of athletic reaction times....
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm

It's so frustrating when purely sequential players start talking shit about speed freestyle but simply don't have a clue how it's played. Hi Changsha.

Loutil, it's not really to do with age.. rhp isn't the youngest y'know.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gonakuruto on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:21 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

mc is maybe the best freestyle player and one of the best sequential. The only thing he doesn't play is speed freestyle because of suboptimal connection. Speed is totally out of the equation, because it also severely depends on the connection, which is an external factor.
Colonel Gonakuruto

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Gonakuruto wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

mc is maybe the best freestyle player and one of the best sequential. The only thing he doesn't play is speed freestyle because of suboptimal connection. Speed is totally out of the equation, because it also severely depends on the connection, which is an external factor.

LOL @ "best freestyle player" hahahahahaha
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:41 pm

hasn't anyone informed you that casual fs is the biggest farming setting on here?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Gonakuruto on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Gonakuruto wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

especially speed freestyle, where clicking 1 ms earlier means breaking the bonus and winning the game. Speed sequential is, on the other hand, totally respectable and fair, when again decisions have to be taken quickly and according to circumstances, and getting rid of the stupid 1ms faster clicking = win.
Colonel Gonakuruto

Postby Gonakuruto on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Gonakuruto wrote:

case closed....

Honorable mention?

Great-Ollie

LOL @ "best freestyle player" hahahahahaha

why do you laugh at someone who surpassed 5000 and became conqueror playing mostly freestyle? you think you are the best? hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Colonel Gonakuruto

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 pm

ok.. so you're obviously clueless.... so I'll take it easy on you... Mc is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior overall player to me.. I've never said anything different... but as far a what you're talking about with Mc? Casual freestyle? farming setting.. period.. sorry it is... and as far as me being the "best" fs (speed) player? I don't think so personally... but some do, and I can hang with anyone... so maybe you shouldn't laugh so much? I don't know.. just a thought...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 pm

I've repeated myself many times.. if this were a "who's the best sequential play, or who's the best team player, or who's the best 1 v 1, or the best speed fs, or the best casual fs... many names would come up for each... i do not believe the person who started this thread implied, or meant to omit freestyle... and if you include speed fs (which the the person starting the thread meant for you to do) then Mc is not the overall best... take out speed freestyle? got a hell of an argument for Mc...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Gonakuruto on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 pm

lol man, speed fs is not a setting where someone's skill in strategy prevails as it is hugely dependent on connection. I hope we agree here. Maybe you are the best speed fs, I don't say otherwise, I never play it and I don't know the pool of players. But in normal freestyle, mc is close to being best. Also I love your ego! Obviously I am clueless and you have to inform me! That's totally funny!
Anyway, sorry for the slight off topic :)
Colonel Gonakuruto

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 pm

It is my understanding that some people use macro's when playing freestyle. A troop dropping macro, for example, would certainly give a player a huge advantage. I was once asked to make a macro for a player specifically designed for use in FS.
When "micro seconds" can be the difference between winning and losing, using a cheat becomes a simple way of being the "best".
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Gonakuruto wrote:lol man, speed fs is not a setting where someone's skill in strategy prevails as it is hugely dependent on connection. I hope we agree here. Maybe you are the best speed fs, I don't say otherwise, I never play it and I don't know the pool of players. But in normal freestyle, mc is close to being best. Also I love your ego! Obviously I am clueless and you have to inform me! That's totally funny!
Anyway, sorry for the slight off topic :)

if you read what I wrote, I'm assuming speed fs is a game with other top freestyle players.. in that situation? sorry.. no other settings on this site require more strat/skill...
and I clearly do need to "inform" you as you are not "informed" on what it takes to be a top speed fs player against other top fs players.. and again.. casual fs? total joke...
Last edited by rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm

loutil wrote:It is my understanding that some people use macro's when playing freestyle. A troop dropping macro, for example, would certainly give a player a huge advantage. I was once asked to make a macro for a player specifically designed for use in FS.
When "micro seconds" can be the difference between winning and losing, using a cheat becomes a simple way of being the "best".

I use no such thing...

that said?

got a link for that??

lol
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Ok a few points here:

I am often amazed by what some players can do in speed freestyle. I also think that this depends a lot on the ping, as north americans dominate massively, the servers being in north america. I might press B like nuts or just leave it pressed on and some players have the time to drop and break my bonus. I think it s pretty funny to see how speed freestylers call sequential freestyle farming, as at least 80% of the games they play are with people who don t stand a chance with their settings. But yes, playing one of those games, you know these guys have skills. Very different kind of skills, but some interesting ones.
Those settings are part of CC, so I can understand both sides. Can a guy like MC not even be included in top overall because his conection doesn t allow him to even give it a shot?
Are we giving too much importance to speed freestyle in this thread? Probably.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion