Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 am

Poo-maker was from Ireland and he dominated in many settings. Freestyle included. He could play seq esc, flat rate, assassin, team games. He did it all. I dare someone to find me someone who did it better than poo-maker.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9562
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 am

Bruceswar wrote:Poo-maker was from Ireland and he dominated in many settings. Freestyle included. He could play seq esc, flat rate, assassin, team games. He did it all. I dare someone to find me someone who did it better than poo-maker.


This sounds like him to me, then :)

-GL
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 am

I am ♥
User avatar
Major Mageplunka69
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Intercourse Pennsylvania
Medals: 85
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:I am ♥


No mage, you have the strongest overall CONNECTION on this site :D
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby The Voice on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 am

If the point of this thread was to give the CCers with the biggest egos (you know who you are) another opportunity to brag, this thread was a success.

Arguing for or against a player as the strongest overall is a waste of time b/c people will throw more weight on certain settings to match their individual biases. How about a thread that asks everyone to contemplate the best player for specific settings (best freestyler, best with nukes, best at manual, etc.)?
Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Janomike on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 am

macbone wrote:Uckuki always plays under the radar, but I remember checking into a tournament standard game today to see that he had it all wrapped up. He goes about his work with the dedication of craftsman, and I consider my greatest victory a sudden death series versus him. He consistently outclasses me in any game I play with him.

I second the danryan nomination.

Deli is another strong player in both team and standard games.

I've been very impressed with Janomike, too.

mc05025 is scary good as well.

There are other players who are masters of team or standard play, but those five are who I think of when I think of well-rounded players.


OMG my name mentioned in this thread???

Thanx Mac i do feel honoured but there alot of better and more experienced players in CC for sure.
I feel quite confident with playing terminator esc games
and team games with almost any setting beside manual, freestyle and nukes.

But i almost never play freestyle, nuclear and speed and i still have lots of maps to learn.

I guess it really comes down to what you consider the strongest overall player.
As im not playing with all settings and didnt have the chance to play with some of the above mentioned players
i guess im not qualified to nominate/vote someone.

But John Deere would definatly be a candidate on my list so far!!!
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Brigadier Janomike
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:42 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3)
Training Achievement (2)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

contrary to popular belief you do not need good connection to play freestyle. Only speed freestyle.

My internet connection is very bad and compared to my home computer this college dorm is very, very slow. I am still able to do what I did before. It is just very frustrating and I miss my old speed, but as an added advantage it makes me slow down and take my time in team games.

There are instances where I need speed again, but if you have enough experience in freestyle then being very fast is one of the smallest disadvantages.

With that said I wished more elite team players tried out freestyle so we could get more credit.

(Also I am not Only a freestyle player. Please remember this)
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm

The Voice wrote:Arguing for or against a player as the strongest overall is a waste of time b/c people will throw more weight on certain settings to match their individual biases. How about a thread that asks everyone to contemplate the best player for specific settings (best freestyler, best with nukes, best at manual, etc.)?


You have a point and yes, probably the more efficient way of going about this would be to make separate threads :lol:.

However, it is well rounded players, and they are few and far between. I don't think many of the names here should be here, I wont say who, but honestly, if people think that excluding certain settings makes a player still well rounded, well-- not really! And if others think its ALL ABOUT certain settings, then yeah, they're totally wrong too. This is about a player's ability to play all settings. Not just team games, not just freestyle, not just manual nukers with trench, ALL SETTINGS.

I dislike the players who are bitching and complaining about the "elite players" not being good at freestyle. I also dislike the players who are bitching and complaining that freestyle shouldn't count. (I say freestyle because that seems to be the big question mark here).

Let me break it down for you.

There are 21 different settings (not counting sunny, non trench, number of players or the round limits). ONE of those is freestyle. TO ALL YOU FREESTYLE PLAYERS COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE NOT BEING GOOD AT FREESTYLE, FREESTYLE IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF ALL DISCUSSION! It is simply one of the 21 settings. This means it is 4.761905% important. It is not 50, not 10, not even 5%. 4.761905%.

TO ALL YOU PLAYERS SAYING FREESTYLE SHOULDN'T COUNT, YOU ARE EQUALLY AS WRONG. IT IS STILL A SETTING AND PLAYERS SHOULD STILL PLAY IT IF THEY ARE TO BE CONSIDERED WELL ROUNDED! Honestly, if this thread were about "the best player on CC", I would say josko.ri hands DOWN is the best player on this site. However, his name should not be mentioned in this thread, because although he is a stellar team player among other things, he has played 37 freestyle games, 26 terminator games (all of which are from tournaments), and 53 trench games TOTAL. This is out of 2628 games. Although he is a very good player, IMO the best on the site, he is NOT the most well rounded.

I would consider well rounded to be a player who does not shy away from games on any settings. Maybe 250 GAMES (not necessarily wins, but games) on each setting shows a well rounded player. Of course, they must do this be attaining a highish rank (major + IMO, if not higher).

I know, I know, pretty opinionated, but I honestly think you guys should all read this post thoroughly, because it will hopefully stop all the bitching.

-Glorious Leader
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby jdw35 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
I know, I know, pretty opinionated, but I honestly think you guys should all read this post thoroughly, because it will hopefully stop all the bitching.

-Glorious Leader


Nothing will stop all the bitching:P
Major jdw35
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: Missionary at Door of Faith Orphanage in La Mission, Baja California, Mexico
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

silversun6 wrote:first of all i did think of you and about hudds actually , but decided not to :)

so gay,,,,


silversun6 wrote:by the way , you and me are 5-5 , so i challenge you to an 1vs1 antarctica game (or team or whatever other map) ,because you are 2-0 ahead of me , and i consider it to be my favorite map :oops: :oops:

we can play ofc, but it would mean nothing... i need to have fun playing games, and playing just to be better then someone is not fun for me :( you are hands down better player, OSA beat Otpisani(partly because i was torn with RL after round one and sucked big time... not that i didnt suck in round one, i just sucked more after it), and thats all i care about... as for Antartica, i dont even play that game, cause other team in my clan has master it :lol:


NoSurvivors wrote:
freakns wrote:sequential and freestyle have nothing in common, except maybe playing at same maps... its like you are saying that Rodgers and Tebow are both good QBs, but Tebow is better because he can also be good tight end. well, good for him, but ill take Rodgers any day of week and twice on sunday


Teebow is a shit QB. So you are wrong there, lol. However you make a point. However, what does it matter? WELL ROUNDED DOES NOT MEAN THE BEST.

Geez, before commenting in a thread, read what it's about.

but you are mixing apple and oranges. you simply should not compare seq and freestyle on any scale.
and Tebow is shitty QB compared to Brady or Manning(or pretty much any QB in NFL but Sanchez) but he is world class QB if you compared him with me or you... and this is where im getting at. by your definition Tebow is strongest overall player in NFL because he can play at least 4-5 different positions(QB, TE, FB, RB... probably good in coverage on special teams), but his contribution to any team is significantly lower then Bradys... so someone being able to beat low level players at both freestyle and sew means shit if seq experts or freestyle experts would beat him at their specialties.
and josko is not best player on CC, he is just most prolific one. look at his games against TOFU. he topped 20 games with about 15 of those being home maps. i think merch was actually the player who took most wins on TOFU home maps, so to me he is KORT MVP(just as it was BW who was TOFU MVP because he took battles with josko on josko favorite maps and settings and brought home points). this doesnt mean josko isnt good, he just isnt best(as i said, there is no best)
Image
Brigadier freakns
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
L M S wrote:Back in the day, when Danryan still had hair....for my money he was the best overall player on CC.


macbone wrote:I second the danryan nomination.


+3

I would throw chariot of fire and bruceswar in the mix when it comes to overall ability.



Thanks Cheme, but the best to ever play this game hands down... poo-maker Nobody else is close and I mean no disrespect to anybody else. He was just that good.


No question.
User avatar
Captain codeblue1018
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:08 pm
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (8)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

freakns wrote:someone being able to beat low level players at both freestyle and sew means shit if seq experts or freestyle experts would beat him at their specialties.



NoSurvivors wrote:I would consider well rounded to be a player who does not shy away from games on any settings. Maybe 250 GAMES (not necessarily wins, but games) on each setting shows a well rounded player. Of course, they must do this be attaining a highish rank (major + IMO, if not higher).


True, you have a few very good points, however teebow is the best overall player if you put it that way.. put teebow up against brade as a running back, and that pussy brady wont do shit all. Or in any othe rposition for that matter, however from the QB position brady is the closest thing to a god, lol. But that is you circling back to mixing up total and one setting. Brady is good at one setting and sucks at the others. Teebow is average at all settings. I would say brady is definately the better player, however not the more well rounded, so again, you kinda missed the point a bit. However I do understand what you are trying to say. Being average at everything still makes you average. However it makes you well rounded. Now for instance if someone held the rank of colonel while doing well consistently on all settings, wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense for being a well rounded person than a guy with general from playing team games solely? Yes.

To be honest, I think you and I see eye to eye on almost everything. For instance:

freakns wrote:(as i said, there is no best)


NoSurvivors wrote:However, it is well rounded players, and they are few and far between


I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

I am not one of those people preaching freestyle. As I said, it is one in 21 different settings. not even 5% of the settings. Therefore, it isnt very important to determining the most well rounded player, but it is a factor indeed. So don't say it isn't. That is like one of the freestylers saying "team players shouldn't count because its just one setting and it involves people leeching off teammates." It just doesnt work like that lol.

God when will this bullshit end? Lol.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:32 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

I am not one of those people preaching freestyle. As I said, it is one in 21 different settings. not even 5% of the settings. Therefore, it isnt very important to determining the most well rounded player, but it is a factor indeed. So don't say it isn't. That is like one of the freestylers saying "team players shouldn't count because its just one setting and it involves people leeching off teammates." It just doesnt work like that lol.

God when will this bullshit end? Lol.

You've made good points.

Some days, it's enough to know you did the right thing even if nobody agreed...:)
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10508
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

I am not one of those people preaching freestyle. As I said, it is one in 21 different settings. not even 5% of the settings. Therefore, it isnt very important to determining the most well rounded player, but it is a factor indeed. So don't say it isn't. That is like one of the freestylers saying "team players shouldn't count because its just one setting and it involves people leeching off teammates." It just doesnt work like that lol.

God when will this bullshit end? Lol.

You've made good points.

Some days, it's enough to know you did the right thing even if nobody agreed...:)


I try, lol. If I am dedicated to a topic I can write all day. Unfortunately I have been recycling the same stuff for about 3 posts and people still dont get it :lol:. Oh well. Thanks for reading, at least someone understands me. I have done my job. ;)
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Glorius Leader is not a very good dictator...listening and explaining things are not his style
Image
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby niMic on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:57 pm

I don't know about overall (freestyle and all), but the best player I've ever played with is probably josko. And I've teamed with some amazing players (or else I would probably never make it past Major).
Image
Highest score: 3379
Highest rank: 36
User avatar
Colonel niMic
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:02 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (17)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

niMic wrote:I don't know about overall (freestyle and all), but the best player I've ever played with is probably josko. And I've teamed with some amazing players (or else I would probably never make it past Major).

I played exactly one (ONE!) game with josko as a partner in a random dubs matchup. In that one game I probably learned more than in any other single game I've played on CC.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10508
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

i would say fruitcake and sjnap...they could see way into the game and taught me alot...herpes too...and blitz...oh my god, i said his name ♥
User avatar
Major Mageplunka69
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Intercourse Pennsylvania
Medals: 85
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Armandolas on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 am

yeah, i think this tread is more about, "who really impressed you for great overall gameplay"...not about who is best, because you cant define best that easy
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (22)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby shoop76 on Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am

silversun6 wrote:
silversun6 wrote:with out a doubt - mc05025



ill expand my first comment,
on single and double games at tourneys, i only felt the underdog against HA, swifte and shoop ,
team mate - those are my top 3 picks - benga (when he isnt drunk ! ) uckuki and dkmaster , and from those i play against those must be Josko and Cof
and last with settings i like most (8 player esc foggy) i fear those : mc05025 , dkmaster and knigm


the main reason i picked mc is because he was the only player from top 5/10 who joined my private 3000/3500 + regularly when he had 4000/4500 points , which is admirable.


oh - and im clueless on freestyle , so i wont pick there..


That explains the 1 I received from you for my gameplay rating and the clueless label to go along with that.
User avatar
Major shoop76
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am
Medals: 157
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (33) General Achievement (12)
Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

jsnyder748 wrote:Glorius Leader is not a very good dictator...listening and explaining things are not his style


I am an excellent dictator, I am not a very good listener, however.. and explaining? No.. You listen to me and things are good for you.. you dont and well....... ;)

-Glorious Leader
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Walslaf on Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am

How come no one has mentioned TheCrown?

When I think of a player who routinely succeeds with any game, any setting, any map...I think of TheCrown
User avatar
Major Walslaf
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 pm
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (28) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Gonakuruto on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 pm

mc05025 has to be. although he is a real life friend of mine, this doesn't make my statement so much more subjective. I have seen his thought process in detail. His main strength is adaptability. Give him any complex map&setting and he will very quickly find the optimal strategy. Excellent in freestyle (almost best), excellent sequential team player, excellent 1 vs 1, all maps & settings included. His approach to the game is almost scientific, not just recreational.
And this is why it's always a pleasure beating him!
Of course there are other very good players. I would like to mention Rodion :)
User avatar
Colonel Gonakuruto
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:41 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Gonakuruto wrote:mc05025 has to be. although he is a real life friend of mine, this doesn't make my statement so much more subjective. I have seen his thought process in detail. His main strength is adaptability. Give him any complex map&setting and he will very quickly find the optimal strategy. Excellent in freestyle (almost best), excellent sequential team player, excellent 1 vs 1, all maps & settings included. His approach to the game is almost scientific, not just recreational.
And this is why it's always a pleasure beating him!
Of course there are other very good players. I would like to mention Rodion :)

Mc or josko. Definitely. Agreed.
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
User avatar
Major Jdsizzleslice
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Former Tech Mod :: High Score: General - 3651 :: Rank: 33
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (9)

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:21 pm

SaMejoHn wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Regardless, Ollie is a great and well rounded player. He is the most well rounded player I have seen on this site.
so when you first nominated him..i searched him and found his wall but i also found your link to this forum where you are licking his balls. you must find lots of glory in licking his balls..can i go as far as to deem the action "glorious"?



why the hate? G-O is top 5 overall player.. period, end of discussion.. as far as the banning thing? not relevant at all...
User avatar
Major rhp 1
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login