Has Anyone Noticed?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Has Anyone Noticed?

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 pm

not long after the site changed hands the new owner pm'd me saying he'd really like to hear my thoughts on how to improve Tournaments. i felt honoured so i clicked reply and got

The webmaster does not accept messages.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Public interest is fickle, and despite propaganda to the contrary, marketing is more of an art than a science. A majority of people in focus groups preferred New Coke over old, but when released to the public, it was a legendary flop. Ultimately sometimes the only way forward is to just put one foot in front of the other and see what happens.

Great case in point, Dukasaur.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 pm

greenoaks wrote:not long after the site changed hands the new owner pm'd me saying he'd really like to hear my thoughts on how to improve Tournaments. i felt honoured so i clicked reply and got

Send a PM to King Achilles; he'll fix the problem by banning you or something. Customer service and all that.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Frito Bandito on Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I honestly think that the important thing is that they are trying. You could spend all day debating which updates are going to be the most profitable/cost effective for the long run but until you actually try some out it's all just conjecture. Eventually you have to get your hands dirty and do some wading in order to have any kind of idea what really will make a positive difference and I feel that's just what they're doing. They may make some mistakes/non-optimal choices but if they pay attention to the resultant trends I think they will prevail.

I hope so, but I think they lack the know-how--even though there's plenty of ideas on the board. Instead of your utopian vision, I look forward to a hallowed-out CC of 30 grumpy, regular forum-goers. In the desolate corner of cyberspace, their arguments would escape the notice of those in the RL. Then over the years, they slowly wither away, but their posts shall remain as incomplete reflections of their souls--both tortured and misunderstood.

I can dream, can't I, FT?

You do realize, BBS, you are one of the 30 grumpy regulars? :)
Captain Frito Bandito

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (4)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 25, 2013 1:28 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I know it's much more fun to bitch but has anyone noticed that there have been some pretty thoughtful improvements to CC lately? The quick edit thing, the changes to the games waiting list, etc..

To risk not being in fashion, I would have to say CC has become more fun for me in the past month or so. Perhaps some credit is due to the new leadership? I'm thinking these changes are a sign of good things to come.

Meh...do we still have relatively-simple 6-year-old suggestions-that-are-really-bug-fixes uncoded? Can't say I'm that impressed.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat May 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:Meh...do we still have relatively-simple 6-year-old suggestions-that-are-really-bug-fixes uncoded? Can't say I'm that impressed.

These things take time, Woody. How many years did you give the old regime before you dropped your premium? I still say that the new management seems busy and that's a good thing.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby ljex on Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 pm

greenoaks wrote:not long after the site changed hands the new owner pm'd me saying he'd really like to hear my thoughts on how to improve Tournaments. i felt honoured so i clicked reply and got

That is likely old coding from Lackattack's webmaster days. It may be that the current webmaster is not even aware that this is an issue. I would suggest sending rds a reply.

The fact that the new webmaster even asked is a step up from lack though
Captain ljex

Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 pm

ljex wrote:

That is likely old coding from Lackattack's webmaster days. It may be that the current webmaster is not even aware that this is an issue. I would suggest sending rds a reply.

The fact that the new webmaster even asked is a step up from lack though

that never occurred to me.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I know it's much more fun to bitch but has anyone noticed that there have been some pretty thoughtful improvements to CC lately? The quick edit thing, the changes to the games waiting list, etc..

To risk not being in fashion, I would have to say CC has become more fun for me in the past month or so. Perhaps some credit is due to the new leadership? I'm thinking these changes are a sign of good things to come.

Meh...do we still have relatively-simple 6-year-old suggestions-that-are-really-bug-fixes uncoded? Can't say I'm that impressed.

You've alluded to this 6-year-old suggestion at least 10 times in the two years that I've been here. Would you please enlighten us about what it is? Perhaps it's buried in the pile and none of people in charge now have ever seen it. I would be happy to bring it to someone's attention for you.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Gillipig on Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 am

No one is as out of fashion as you funky, you have nothing to fear. The bottom is already yours, you can't sink any lower mate.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Gillipig wrote:

No one is as out of fashion as you funky, you have nothing to fear. The bottom is already yours, you can't sink any lower mate.

BEHOLD! King of the Bottom.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 pm

WTF???
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 am

Bravo!

Let me be the first to congratulate the development team on the new system of tooltips within the game!
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 am

Indeed! Very newbie friendly!

I just hope BOB + Clickies are back soon. They seem to be allergic to site updates. =)
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 83
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 am

macbone wrote:Indeed! Very newbie friendly!

I just hope BOB + Clickies are back soon. They seem to be allergic to site updates. =)

Yeah, every update requires a BOB update as well. Still, a day or two without BOB is a small price to pay to be getting some site upgrades.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby The Voice on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Yeah, every update requires a BOB update as well. Still, a day or two without BOB is a small price to pay to be getting some site upgrades.

1-2 days of BOB>Tooltips

It's funny that approximately a week after the OP praising CC leadership, the unplanned API outage began.
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:23 am

Dukasaur wrote:

But one turn without clickable maps isnt.

I just joined a few games too, and the site click maps is so bad I dont even want to play them. How can they f*ck something so perfect up? Seriously.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 am

AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I just joined a few games too, and the site click maps is so bad I dont even want to play them. How can they f*ck something so perfect up? Seriously.

I've experimented with using the clickies and I always go back to the pull-downs in the end, so I honestly don't know what the big deal about clickies is. I know some people swear by them, but unless you're playing freestyle speed then it seems that spending a few extra seconds to use the pull-downs is worth it, for being able to choose the exact number of troops that you want to advance instead of only choosing between advance none and advance all.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 am

Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I've experimented with using the clickies and I always go back to the pull-downs in the end, so I honestly don't know what the big deal about clickies is. I know some people swear by them, but unless you're playing freestyle speed then it seems that spending a few extra seconds to use the pull-downs is worth it, for being able to choose the exact number of troops that you want to advance instead of only choosing between advance none and advance all.

How many active games do you have? I'm currently on 118 and don't fancy taking the amount of turns I do every day with drop downs.
Major iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:04 am

I know, duk, it's much faster with clickies. I especially love the advance all feature of Clickable Maps. My turns are a lot faster with 'em.

For Term/Standard games when I'm dropping multiple places, it's just click, click, click and done. Very handy for foggy maps, too.
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 83
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby danryan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am

I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.
Lieutenant danryan

Medals: 153
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (14)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:24 am

danryan wrote:I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.

+1111!!1!1!111!!!22
Major iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Slaylark on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
danryan wrote:I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.

+1111!!1!1!111!!!22

I could not agree more, i am totally ticked off that this is happening, my enjoyment and time to do this is ruined because of a lack of fore thought and consideration for the community. I want to play speed games but am relegated to the pathetic tools that remain without click-able maps. fix it guys. be professionals. I am in nuclear power and i don't think you would want me to put the reactor core in service without first testing the changes made-to ensure it works as required.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Slaylark

Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby The Voice on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

For Greasemonkey clickies, you can use the mouse wheel to choose the exact number of troops you wish to advance.
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:But one turn without clickable maps isnt.

How many active games do you have? I'm currently on 118 and don't fancy taking the amount of turns I do every day with drop downs.

I'm only at 55 right now, but there have been times in the past when I was over 100, including over 130 at one point.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion