Conquer Club

Yes, another one about dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Yes, another one about dice

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed May 22, 2013 9:10 pm

No worries. And yes, I do believe that the advantage once held by the attacker is not as pronounced as it once had been. The old rule of thumb (add up all the armies of the terrs you plan to hit and add the number of terrs divided by 3) to calculate what size stack is required no longer seems to work very often. I see and experience far more failures than ever I used to.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 pm

A dice conspiracy theorist general? Now I've seen everything...
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 am

Lindax wrote:Random or not, I don't give a f*ck, they suck. The amount of games I lost on this site because of bullshit dice is just ridiculous.

You know the feeling, you play every move perfect, the plan comes together, you're ready to strike and sweep the map.... kaboom!

27 vs 14 ends 3 vs 6, 53 vs 10 leaves you with 11, etc., etc.

And don't give me the bullshit that "you don't remember the good dice, you only remember the bad ones". FFS! If you play a decent game you never get the good ones. If you have 14 to take 20, you simply don't even try, even though that's when you might have gotten the good ones.

Unfucking random the dice and program it so that if you have double the amount of your opponent you win the fucking battle or something like that.

Bastards!

Lx

And yet there's no support for a "no dice" function. With so many dice haters on this site they should be flocking to a pure strategy, no luck function. Yet most seems to want the dice, they just don't want it to roll bad. Sorry but you can't have that, if you have a dice, you're going to draw the short straw sometimes.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 am

I honestly think it's a case of remembering the good and bad rolls. Of course everyone has genuinely lost a game because of the dice, but that works both ways. I remember losing 18v2 once, horrific. I've ranted about the dice many times, but I remember a couple of outstanding rolls as well. I have won 5v12, although granted it was too late, and just now won 15v15 with 13/14 left.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby boat4hire on Mon May 27, 2013 3:14 am

Yes they have changed for the worse. The whole game is not that much fun anymore. I am constantly let down by the dice. Cmon, how many time can the defender roll double sixes. I watch it happen all the time just like the last game I played. so disappointing
Cadet boat4hire

Postby boat4hire on Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Not only did the attacker advantage disappear a few years back but my attacking kill ratio is only so high because when I am getting my ass kicked and I just fight neutral to speed it up then I get all the 6's. the whole experience of CC has soured. I have personally bought more than a dozen premium memberships for friends let alone myself and recommended countless people to this site. Cant anymore though.
Cadet boat4hire

Postby jltile1 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:No worries. And yes, I do believe that the advantage once held by the attacker is not as pronounced as it once had been. The old rule of thumb (add up all the armies of the terrs you plan to hit and add the number of terrs divided by 3) to calculate what size stack is required no longer seems to work very often. I see and experience far more failures than ever I used to.

I'm rather surprised to see your complaint about dice after you have destroyed any chance of us rolling anything great defense or offense. Your dice you have had in 2013 from at least what I have seen have been rather well. But on the flip side ( or my side ), Dice seem to have somehow favored to the side of the defender. I have as you were implying 5v1 and can't card on a regular basis. And speed games I think it is even worse for some reason. Just a thought
Major jltile1

Postby IanG7 on Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 pm

I played a version (Risk II for PC) where you're dice changed colour based on how many troops were in your army

for example

white dice for troops 1-5 (white dice prone to rolling more 1s)
yellow
orange
red
all the way up to black dice if your region had 30 or more troops (these had a much greater probability of rolling 6s)

Maybe CC could implement games where the dice worked like this, I know i'd like it?
Brigadier IanG7

Postby boat4hire on Mon May 27, 2013 8:23 pm

how in the hell do the defender dice roll 6 all the time and the stats say they don't. I watch it every game.
Cadet boat4hire

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 30, 2013 7:58 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I honestly think it's a case of remembering the good and bad rolls. Of course everyone has genuinely lost a game because of the dice, but that works both ways. I remember losing 18v2 once, horrific. I've ranted about the dice many times, but I remember a couple of outstanding rolls as well. I have won 5v12, although granted it was too late, and just now won 15v15 with 13/14 left.

the issue is not remembering the bad or even the good, but the issue is the insane dice that occur on a daily basis
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Gabba hey on Fri May 31, 2013 12:44 pm

They are just flat out bad.
Sergeant Gabba hey

Postby TeeGee on Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Funny how I see many more high rankers complaining about a random object than I see cooks.

By the way, my dice suck too, yet I still manage to win some games.

I propose a new dice system.. attacking dice range from 4-6 and defending dice 1-3 always, forever. :lol:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 am

TeeGee wrote:Funny how I see many more high rankers complaining about a random object than I see cooks.

By the way, my dice suck too, yet I still manage to win some games.

I propose a new dice system.. attacking dice range from 4-6 and defending dice 1-3 always, forever. :lol:

Low ranks are too stupid to understand.

and stupid players are rewarded like the dumb ass who tried a 4v3, 3v2, 2v1 and was rewarded by perfect dice against me today. Super poor strategy rewarded by CC. I took two months off to see if I still wanted to play this game and now over a month or so have figured out I do not.

Postby Gabba hey on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm

yup, just lost a 68 vs 32 for game again. 3rd in 2 days. Keep playing, yeah that's the answer.
Sergeant Gabba hey

Postby Armandolas on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Ive noticed that pattern about, you getting a very probable win with good dice, than dice starts to balance with crappy dice for you in the last rounds , so you get a feeling in stats that dice is equal.
Ive seen it both ways and that is not nice.
But honestly, last couple of months i tried and managed to stop being very angry about bad dice. It is just not worth to be mad. I believe now i play 100% for fun and more relaxed.
Still i allways think that i loose because of bad dice and when i win is because of my superb skills :D
Colonel Armandolas

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Armandolas wrote:Ive noticed that pattern about, you getting a very probable possibly win with good dice, than dice is balanced with crappy dice for you in the last rounds , so you get a feeling in stats that dice is equal.
But honestly, last couple of months i tried and managed to stop being very angry about bad dice. It is just not worth to be mad. I believe now i play 100% for fun and more relaxed.
Still i allways think that i loose because of bad dice and when i win is because of my superb skills :D

I do not disagree with this at all. There are good and bad dice for each individual. The thing is there is too many insane dice which do not make sense--both ways of course. It takes all the fun out of the game when realistic expectations continue to get destroyed by insanity.

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with a good player not relying on, say, a 6v10 to win a card. Yet every now and then some clown will try the improbable such as that and get away with it and you're left thinking "Well that's just bloody ridiculous".
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Gilligan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:51 pm

IanG7 wrote:I played a version (Risk II for PC) where you're dice changed colour based on how many troops were in your army

for example

white dice for troops 1-5 (white dice prone to rolling more 1s)
yellow
orange
red
all the way up to black dice if your region had 30 or more troops (these had a much greater probability of rolling 6s)

Maybe CC could implement games where the dice worked like this, I know i'd like it?

I sure hope this wouldn't be the default. Maybe an extra dice setting,
Captain Gilligan

Postby Jingu on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:42 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Ive noticed that pattern about, you getting a very probable possibly win with good dice, than dice is balanced with crappy dice for you in the last rounds , so you get a feeling in stats that dice is equal.

I do not disagree with this at all. There are good and bad dice for each individual. The thing is there is too many insane dice which do not make sense--both ways of course. It takes all the fun out of the game when realistic expectations continue to get destroyed by insanity.

I completely agree. I am so sick of seeing the improbable become the thing to expect. Today alone I lost 19v3 and 18v2 in back to back games
Captain Jingu

Postby Lindax on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with a good player not relying on, say, a 6v10 to win a card. Yet every now and then some clown will try the improbable such as that and get away with it and you're left thinking "Well that's just bloody ridiculous".

That was one of the points I was trying to make. Thanks for putting it in writing more clearly. :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Master Fenrir on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with a good player not relying on, say, a 6v10 to win a card. Yet every now and then some clown will try the improbable such as that and get away with it and you're left thinking "Well that's just bloody ridiculous".

Last week I had a dubs game with Cat where a guy broke her bonus 5 vs. 2, 1, 3 with perfect dice, including the 3 vs. 3 at the end. I wanted to do him bodily harm for even attempting it.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm

@ everyone who is enraged when the dice are ridiculous, I think the higher rank you get the more gutting the insane dice are since you work so hard crunching the odds in order to be successful. Thing is, there is only so much you can calculate and plan before your ass is so tight your neighbors dog howls when you pass gas.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion