Conquer Club

Is it a bug?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is it a bug?

Postby JohnnyDazzle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

The map says: "Own 5 capitals to win the game". I owned 5 capitals in that round and did not win the game. Is this a bug?

Private JohnnyDazzle

Re: Is it a bug?

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 pm

For all maps that have victory conditions you must hold those territories at the beginning of your turn to win.
Captain spiesr

Postby JohnnyDazzle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

spiesr wrote:For all maps that have victory conditions you must hold those territories at the beginning of your turn to win.

Thanks for the answer. That map text is very misleading for new players such as I..
Private JohnnyDazzle

Postby Jippd on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 pm

JohnnyDazzle wrote:
spiesr wrote:For all maps that have victory conditions you must hold those territories at the beginning of your turn to win.

Thanks for the answer. That map text is very misleading for new players such as I..

This is true. It would make more sense for it to say "Own 5 capitals at the start of your turn to win"

I have a feeling most map makers would be against changing the text to explain this clearer on maps that have win conditions but I agree with you that it should be done.

The best place to raise your concern would be here: viewforum.php?f=10 This is the map foundry where map makers hang out and people that care about maps will read threads in here more likely than come into this forum.
Major Jippd

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 am

What if we added a line of text somewhere on games played on maps with victory conditions that explains how the victory conditions work?
Private blakebowling

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 am

blakebowling wrote:What if we added a line of text somewhere on games played on maps with victory conditions that explains how the victory conditions work?

Like in assassin games where there's a little reminder of your target in the game log?

Sure. I'll even find a list of maps with winning conditions for you.
Colonel ManBungalow

Return to Conquer Club Discussion