Conquer Club

Dice Poll

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Would you like to see a new dice system at CC?

Total votes : 0

Dice Poll

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:39 am

The site will have to listen the longer and louder we ask.
Major Trevor33

Re: Dice Poll

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 pm

So, you would like to replace random dice A with random dice B :?:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby frankiebee on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 pm

No, please explain me how we should change the dice? The dice we have right now are unpredictable, and as random as online dice gets. The topic ''what number do you throw the most'' shows there is a very little issue with some numbers thrown less than others, but this gives no one an advantage. In the end, this issue should be solved to reclaim that the dice on CC is really random, but that's not an priority because it doessnt really affect the game.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Gweeedo on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Quote:there is a very little issue with some numbers thrown less than others.

Little issue Oh, OK no prob...as long as it is just a 'little' Issue.
The fact that there is an issue at all, bothers many players!
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby loutil on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm

frankiebee wrote:No, please explain me how we should change the dice? The dice we have right now are unpredictable, and as random as online dice gets. The topic ''what number do you throw the most'' shows there is a very little issue with some numbers thrown less than others, but this gives no one an advantage. In the end, this issue should be solved to reclaim that the dice on CC is really random, but that's not an priority because it doessnt really affect the game.

With all due respect, there is a real and significant variance in the dice for this game. It has altered my play slightly. Rolling 1 v 1 is an even worse proposition as their is a lower statistical chance of either person rolling a 1. Therefor, the odds of a tie (a loss for the attacker) have increased from 16.7% up to 20%.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 am

frankiebee wrote:No, please explain me how we should change the dice? The dice we have right now are unpredictable, and as random as online dice gets. The topic ''what number do you throw the most'' shows there is a very little issue with some numbers thrown less than others, but this gives no one an advantage. In the end, this issue should be solved to reclaim that the dice on CC is really random, but that's not an priority because it doessnt really affect the game.

I don't auto-attack and i don't think those who do would see that there's an non-random pattern sequence with the dice. There are random in the fact that all number appear to be rolled around the same number of times but the dice here have proven time and time again to be incredibly streaky and completely unnatural.

I read somewhere of someone losing 9 3vs1s in a row, a few days ago i lost 10 3vs1s in a row. Do you know what the odd are to lose 10 3sv1s in a row? 112 MILLION to 1. I have a better chance of winning the lotto that getting those dice.

My problem however is not the fact that i lost 10 3vs1s in was the way i did it, normally when i lose 3 in a row i'll stop amybe leave the browser and come back... the dice patten changes and i win the next roll almost always. Keep rolling and there's more chance of losing, as shown here. I've had some amazingly good dice as well doing it this way, dice that should be possible.

Play a real game of risk and you'll see how messed up the dice are here, i'm not debating that they're not random i'm saying that the system is flawed and it throws up way to many very likely, bordering on impossible results.
Major Trevor33

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 am

trevor33 wrote:

I don't auto-attack and i don't think those who do would see that there's an non-random pattern sequence with the dice. There are random in the fact that all number appear to be rolled around the same number of times but the dice here have proven time and time again to be incredibly streaky and completely unnatural.

I read somewhere of someone losing 9 3vs1s in a row, a few days ago i lost 10 3vs1s in a row. Do you know what the odd are to lose 10 3sv1s in a row? 112 MILLION to 1. I have a better chance of winning the lotto that getting those dice.

My problem however is not the fact that i lost 10 3vs1s in was the way i did it, normally when i lose 3 in a row i'll stop amybe leave the browser and come back... the dice patten changes and i win the next roll almost always. Keep rolling and there's more chance of losing, as shown here. I've had some amazingly good dice as well doing it this way, dice that should be possible.

Play a real game of risk and you'll see how messed up the dice are here, i'm not debating that they're not random i'm saying that the system is flawed and it throws up way to many very likely, bordering on impossible results.

your statement makes no sense.... over millions and millions of rolls, your contention is that you can see the "non-randomness" in the dice because you knock your attacks in the games you play? lmao... an impossible statement
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby chang50 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 am

Voted no as there are no details on how any replacement system would differ from the present one.I'm quite sure if a new system did come in at least as many players would whinge about it as the old one.
Captain chang50

Postby grifftron on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 am

I vote yes on a new homepage, thanks
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:18 am

rhp 1 wrote:
trevor33 wrote:

your statement makes no sense.... over millions and millions of rolls, your contention is that you can see the "non-randomness" in the dice because you knock your attacks in the games you play? lmao... an impossible statement

So you don't see any weird sequences when you attack? To me and to others it seems like the dice system has a memory, or is somehow programmed before the attack. I would like a more naturally random system, not one that i can change my stopping attack. The other day, i lost 6 troops in a row, took a break, checked another game (didn't play), went back to the other game and knocked off 8 without loss. That happen way to often for this system to be truly random.
Major Trevor33

Postby mrswdk on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:53 am

If you write 'CC' in the Wingdings font you get two thumbs up. If you write 'DICE' then you will see a thumbs down, and open hand, a thumbs up and a finger pointing sideways. Quite simply: it is chaos.

It is obvious what this means. Conquer Club is knowingly giving its 'thumbs up' to a confused and shambolic dice system. The game is up and the shit has hit the fan, people.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby chang50 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 am

trevor33 wrote:The site will have to listen the longer and louder we ask.

Let's hope they do indeed listen to the majority view and don't embark on a pointless change that will achieve nothing as any new system will inevitably have as many detractors as the present one.
Captain chang50

Postby frankiebee on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

loutil wrote:

With all due respect, there is a real and significant variance in the dice for this game. It has altered my play slightly. Rolling 1 v 1 is an even worse proposition as their is a lower statistical chance of either person rolling a 1. Therefor, the odds of a tie (a loss for the attacker) have increased from 16.7% up to 20%.

With all due respect. The thread shows there is a 0.2% less chance to throw a 1, how does this result in a 20% more chance in a tie? Would love to see your calculation.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Gweeedo on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Let me see, Will I go with precision dice or the wholesale dice.

We need precision dice.
Why would anybody want to play with anything less?
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Return to Conquer Club Discussion