Conquer Club

Stage Three

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Stage Three

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 am

Heya Big Wham et. al. Did a bit of CC Message Board search over the last couple of days. This has come up in a general way but nothing specific. I bring it up now: Stage Three of CC.

Stage (or Section) One of CC: Freemium. Very cool actually. I haven't gathered info, but I guess there are tonnes (tons you US folk) of folk who pop in and out and don't spend a dime. That's a fantastic business model. People, young AND old (like me) still expect Al Gore's Interwebs to be free. You offer 5 games, some cool extras from time to time, and awesome maps for which you did not pay (as far as I know) all for free. That was Lack's (and his investors) plan I would guess. You get exposure for the site with the hope/option that they will buy in.

At our International School we do similar things: Sports programs, Home-work help, Comp Lab, etc. for non-paying families of our community. We average around 3.5% increase in student enrolment because of that. Cool.

Stage (or Section) Two of CC: Premium. Nice. And it has gotten better since I've been away. The "award/token" thing keeps total newbs out of speed tourney's until they've logged on/played a few games. And other things, like... okay. I guess that's all I have. Other than unlimited games, speeders, and cool stuff like that.

How about...

Stage (or Section) Three of CC
: Games for money. I know that, of course, there are restrictions, and laws and limits, but I've run into a number of CCers (5 or 6) over the last 4 years in poker rooms online.

I would play this game for money. I would hope for a different Random Dot Org type program for drops/dice/cards because, layman that I am, I don't think it cuts the mustard. But I bet you could find, under the right settings, 100 CC'ers right now who would put five (5) bucks on the table each and every game. The house takes 22% (like MasterCard) and Bob's (or Gary) is your uncle.

Yeah.

Late night Vancouver thoughts,

E.
Major elfish_lad

Re: Stage Three

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 am

I totally support playing this game for money here on CC. 5 dollars is a reasonable amount per game..
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:41 am

well there is already the conquer cup. I joined once, paid 5$ and got an ipad (500$)
if there are abuses with non paying games, I'm afraid of what could happen though.
Major betiko

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Hey, that's right! There technically already is gambling on this site, so may as well branch it out.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am

Reading this thread juxtaposed with the 750 thread blows my mind.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Reading this thread juxtaposed with the 750 thread blows my mind.

well he really wanted to spend 750$ on CC, since you can't have multis that's 30 years of CC; so he threw this paying games idea. but I think the lawyer is faster to spend 750 on CC, it was actually a good call.
Major betiko

Postby loutil on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I suspect there would be too many gambling laws you would have to navigate through. Otherwise, a good idea. Even having jackpot tournaments would work.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:54 pm

loutil wrote:I suspect there would be too many gambling laws you would have to navigate through. Otherwise, a good idea. Even having jackpot tournaments would work.

well you can get an amazone gift certificate with the conquer cup. that's pretty much real money. the conquer cup 7 has still not filled in 4 month, and i suspect at least 1/3rd of the people registered to have won their entry pass. so I still don't see how is this inovative or makes you think that there would be enough public for it.
Major betiko

Postby loutil on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 pm

betiko wrote:
loutil wrote:I suspect there would be too many gambling laws you would have to navigate through. Otherwise, a good idea. Even having jackpot tournaments would work.

well you can get an amazone gift certificate with the conquer cup. that's pretty much real money. the conquer cup 7 has still not filled in 4 month, and i suspect at least 1/3rd of the people registered to have won their entry pass. so I still don't see how is this inovative or makes you think that there would be enough public for it.

Not sure how conquer cup works but I suspect it is too large to draw the support of gamblers. Also not sure what percentage of the pot goes to the winner. I imagined small tournaments of 8 to as many as 32 participants. You could have a $6 entry with $1 for the house and $5 for the prize.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:18 am

loutil wrote:
betiko wrote:

Not sure how conquer cup works but I suspect it is too large to draw the support of gamblers. Also not sure what percentage of the pot goes to the winner. I imagined small tournaments of 8 to as many as 32 participants. You could have a $6 entry with $1 for the house and $5 for the prize.

it's hard to tell cause I don't know how many peple actually pay.
It's supposed to have 640 participants paying 7$ each (it had always been 5$ before, so maybe that's why it's taking so long to fill?). Max money entry being 4480$ but I'm pretty sure it's not even half removing all the tickets won through events, tournaments ect.
prizes are 1x500$ gift certificate and 3x50$ gift certificate, so 650$ cash give away. There is also 54000 conquer credits give away. they cost 7$ for 500 and 25$ for 2500... so let's say roughly 540$ of prize that don't really cost anything to the site. So the prize pool is a bit above 1000$ for a money income of roughly 2000$ I'd say.
Major betiko

Postby owenshooter on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:32 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Reading this thread juxtaposed with the 750 thread blows my mind.

mind boggling... the black jesus is miffed... the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion