Conquer Club

central command

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: central command

Postby timogl on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 pm

owenshooter wrote:you can realize how bad it is if you do a search for your games from the game finder menu... your result pops up in the old format...

And there it is. Stuff your complaining, Owen has won the internet.

(Speaking of apps there you go, all you need is an app that does that search. How hard can that be? Or can apps only do stuff like "kill off regular computers"? Why can't these marvelous things do stuff we like? Refund.)
Lieutenant timogl

Postby riskllama on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 pm

you can realize how bad it is if you do a search for your games from the game finder menu... your result pops up in the old format and it is all SOOOO CLEAR@!!! i have been using this method to avoid the Central Comman]

yep, once i did that and got a taste of that good 'ol sweetness, it made me really hate the new style. change it back already, ffs!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:43 pm

we hates it precious, we hates it.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby King Tet on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:07 pm

lokisgal wrote:I can understand you wanting to "improve things" but so far things keep looking like they are designed for a 12 year old boy. Im pretty sure most of us on cc are not 12 and a lot of us are not boys ;)

:) some of us are boys, but I'm guessing that most of us are people who played the game on an actual board when we were younger? Maybe I'm wrong, just seems that way.

It feels like some of these changes are trying to do what lokisgal said, appeal to the younger crowd. Are they even coming to the site? Seems to me that if I had more disposable time Call of Duty or whatever on the Xbox would be more exciting. I'm not much of a business man, but I do know that it's cheaper/easier to keep a customer than to get a new one.

I've read this change justified by saying that its for mobile users- I play on my iPad, and it's much worse.
Captain King Tet

Postby Geger on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:41 am

I do like the new design :D
But I miss this :
owenshooter wrote:i want to know WHEN i have to take my turn by, not only how much time remains...

Please, add it back!
Major Geger

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:50 am

Hey!!!!!High Command.......Coke..100 years ..lets change it..New Coke...YUCK!!..people are pissed...Coke Classic..NUFF SAID!!!!.......Man ..High Command..I can't wait for Conquer Club Classic.hahahahahahahaha!!..ConfederateSS...out!..P.S...There is and old saying..if it ain't broke ..don't fix it..............
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby InnyaFacce on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:36 am

owenshooter wrote:you can realize how bad it is if you do a search for your games from the game finder menu... your result pops up in the old format...

Only Problem With This ....
It only shows the ACTIVE games in numerical order if you use the GAME FINDER option
It does NOT show who's turn it is
It does NOT show the time remaining for any players turn
It does NOT show any player taking a turn
DAS SCHLOƟ āœŖ DOUBLES āœŖ F/S āœŖ 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK āœŖ 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:16 am

Who actually designed this?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:00 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Who actually designed this?

Blake? Was it blake?

coffeekid once again you are jumping to wild and unsupported conclusions. You attribute design, when there was none.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 am

JBlombier wrote:All I want to know is: Who is able to make changes happen here? I know mods have a vote, but it's a very small one, so I'm not looking for mods. Who has contact with bigWham? Who can tell him that all the great things he has done will be overshadowed by this big mistake?
I haven't got his phone number or his Skype-account, otherwise I'd have done it. If you are the one who can do this, please do this. And know that all of the above messages are only the people using the forums. We have thousands of users in confusion who say nothing, but think the same thing... and you know it!

- JBlombier

You can always PM Big Wham. Unlike previous owners, he doesn't block PMs. He's definitely the most actively engaged of the owners we've had.

However, if you want to have input on changes, your best bet is to join the Beta Testers team. It's not my department, but just having a quick look at how long you've been a member and all that you've done, I'm guessing you would be approved as a Beta Tester very quickly.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=196693#p4302398

JBlombier wrote:In my years on CC, I haven't been the most active user, but not the least active as well. I've shared my opinions across the boards. Helped people in 'Strategy', asked people in 'Questions', looked for discussion in GD and flamed and baited someone in Off-Topics. I'm just your average forum poster that has never complained about this website, but I like the extreme simpleness of it.

And now they choose to get rid of the simpleness...
Ltrain wrote:not a fan. would be good for casual user. is annoying for constant user. changes to site would only be to benefit casual user and make them constant user, so i'll roll with it. but yea, it kinna sucks. looks cool but

WE ARE NERDS THAT LIKE NUMBERS

WE LIKE TO SEE THINGS IN A LIST

I'm with you guys. I prefer to see things in a nice, neat algebraic list, with very minimalist graphics. However, there's not enough of us to keep a site like this going. If CC is ever going to attract a decent number of people, it has to get prettier. We all know the site has been dying for years, we all know that 98 or 99 % of the new users who come here don't even stick around long enough to take their first turn. In order to capture and retain those people, the site has to have more eye candy. It's absolutely critical that it holds the attention of new users long enough for them to actually take a turn.

A nice algebraic list may be good for you and me, but to the average WWF-watching, Big-Mac-eating proletarian, it looks more like work than play. The new format is more eye-catching. It also is part of the long-term project of redesigning the site to be equally playable on any device.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Donelladan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 am

I'm with you guys. I prefer to see things in a nice, neat algebraic list, with very minimalist graphics. However, there's not enough of us to keep a site like this going. If CC is ever going to attract a decent number of people, it has to get prettier. We all know the site has been dying for years, we all know that 98 or 99 % of the new users who come here don't even stick around long enough to take their first turn. In order to capture and retain those people, the site has to have more eye candy. It's absolutely critical that it holds the attention of new users long enough for them to actually take a turn.

We all believe you.
But as it has already been said many times on this topic, maybe we could have the option for the 2 graphics ?

I have to admit after a few days I found the new design not so ugly and I am getting used to it.
But I still prefer the previous one, it was more neat, less stuff, I like the "list" style better.
Give us the choice.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby DaGip on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:24 am

BoganGod wrote:

Blake? Was it blake?

coffeekid once again you are jumping to wild and unsupported conclusions. You attribute design, when there was none.

You tickle my nuts. :lol:
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby lokisgal on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 pm

I echo some of the earlier posts in that the trend these days is to simple basic clean design. You have numerous designers who play on this site, why not get some of them (Id volunteer) to work with you on ideas and beta versions. No offense to who ever your designer is they are not thinking universally ie what will appeal to the greatest amount of users and help bring more users to the site but rather they are thinking in terms of what they seem to think is "cool"
Change is fine but change needs to be well thought out and well designed. It's not always about one persons "vision" its more often about what will be the simplest solution to the visual question.
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:49 pm

The communication from Counquer Club so far has been nothing but Speculation
from a few MOD's trying to re-act to damage control. There has not been any statements from the Beta team or even those in control of the interface change(3rd party communication only).

I have spoke with a few members in my clan and the general observation is
this change is very hard to read. It is harder on those with mobile devices also.
Would it be possible to have someone from the CC team as a lead person to
communicate on these issues that has direct knowledge of whats going on and what
ongoing changes will happen. IMO there has been to much speculation from CC volunteers
and not enough communication from the "directly informed" staff.

There are many people who will not speak up pertaining to CC issues.
Expecting your player base to suffice with speculative communication
from those not really "in the know" shouldn't happen.

Again, I reiterate
The Central Command page is hard on the eyes which makes it hard
to focus your attention well. If the present members have issues with it.....
wouldn't the potential newer players have these issues too?
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby codierose on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:28 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:The communication from Counquer Club so far has been nothing but Speculation
from a few MOD's trying to re-act to damage control.

there was a response in antoher thread
JamesKer1 wrote:
bigWham wrote:There is no way anything is going to be optional here. CC has way too many options and it causes way too customized use cases and way too many issues.

As far as scrolling goes this layout is more space efficient in the majority of situations - the exceptions being smaller screens and games with 2 players. So the general answer to how much scrolling is: less.

bigWham wrote:Central Command is the old "My Games" page reworked for the modern world.

Aside from looking better, Central Command uses responsive design which you will see if you resize your browser. The main stimulus for this redesign was to make this page work better on mobile devices, small screens, and in situations, such as a Facebook Tab, where there is limited space available.
Major codierose

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:The communication from Counquer Club so far has been nothing but Speculation
from a few MOD's trying to re-act to damage control. There has not been any statements from the Beta team or even those in control of the interface change(3rd party communication only).

I have spoke with a few members in my clan and the general observation is
this change is very hard to read. It is harder on those with mobile devices also.
Would it be possible to have someone from the CC team as a lead person to
communicate on these issues that has direct knowledge of whats going on and what
ongoing changes will happen. IMO there has been to much speculation from CC volunteers
and not enough communication from the "directly informed" staff.

There are many people who will not speak up pertaining to CC issues.
Expecting your player base to suffice with speculative communication
from those not really "in the know" shouldn't happen.

Again, I reiterate
The Central Command page is hard on the eyes which makes it hard
to focus your attention well. If the present members have issues with it.....
wouldn't the potential newer players have these issues too?
than we would need to admit we made a mistake. Don't look for any change back to what the majority of customers want any time soon.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Gilligan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:38 pm

JBlombier wrote:In my years on CC, I haven't been the most active user, but not the least active as well. I've shared my opinions across the boards. Helped people in 'Strategy', asked people in 'Questions', looked for discussion in GD and flamed and baited someone in Off-Topics. I'm just your average forum poster that has never complained about this website, but I like the extreme simpleness of it.

And now they choose to get rid of the simpleness...

All I want to know is: Who is able to make changes happen here? I know mods have a vote, but it's a very small one, so I'm not looking for mods. Who has contact with bigWham? Who can tell him that all the great things he has done will be overshadowed by this big mistake?
I haven't got his phone number or his Skype-account, otherwise I'd have done it. If you are the one who can do this, please do this. And know that all of the above messages are only the people using the forums. We have thousands of users in confusion who say nothing, but think the same thing... and you know it!

- JBlombier

mods don't really even get a vote
Captain Gilligan

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:16 pm

I clicked the join a game tab and had to scroll forever. Why wasn't this changed too? Perhaps we could create little boxes for this page too.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:17 pm

lokisgal wrote:I echo some of the earlier posts in that the trend these days is to simple basic clean design. You have numerous designers who play on this site, why not get some of them (Id volunteer) to work with you on ideas and beta versions. No offense to who ever your designer is they are not thinking universally ie what will appeal to the greatest amount of users and help bring more users to the site but rather they are thinking in terms of what they seem to think is "cool"
Change is fine but change needs to be well thought out and well designed. It's not always about one persons "vision" its more often about what will be the simplest solution to the visual question.

If you would like to help out on beta, please send IcePack a PM asking to join the Beta Testers. This is a real possibility for you guys to help out, one that I feel is often overlooked.
Private blakebowling

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:49 pm

codierose wrote:
from a few MOD's trying to re-act to damage control.

there was a response in antoher thread
JamesKer1 wrote:
bigWham wrote:There is no way anything is going to be optional here. CC has way too many options and it causes way too customized use cases and way too many issues.

As far as scrolling goes this layout is more space efficient in the majority of situations - the exceptions being smaller screens and games with 2 players. So the general answer to how much scrolling is: less.

bigWham wrote:Central Command is the old "My Games" page reworked for the modern world.

Aside from looking better, Central Command uses responsive design which you will see if you resize your browser. The main stimulus for this redesign was to make this page work better on mobile devices, small screens, and in situations, such as a Facebook Tab, where there is limited space available.

how do you resize your browser??
Im a nob........

Thanks
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby momopost on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:28 pm

In order to capture and retain those people, the site has to have more eye candy. It's absolutely critical that it holds the attention of new users long enough for them to actually take a turn.

The simplicity and the lack of eye-candy is what made me try CC and made me stay. The internet is full of eye-candy-bang-bang-you-are-dead-games for 7-year-olds. Is it really necessary to make this one of them too? And do you really think you'll survive that competition.

Is the idea of being a little different than the others really so frightening? Considering the number of Intrenet users and the popularity of games I find it very difficult to believe there would be only a handful of people in the world who prefer substance to form. Quite a few people prefer well-made low-budget films to expensive special effects trash too.

And, is it really good policy to alienate the (often faithfull) members CC does have?

Maurice
General momopost

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Like I said :Conquer Club Classic...Yeah Whammmy..You are right ...there are to many options.So get rid of ..The Forum in two spots,Dice stats,who cares,etc.etc...You can at least give my game options to premium members,and leave the freemiums all this crap .poured on us....time and time again..Make us feel our money is special ,not just that Stratego Red and Gold next to our name..Yes I know ,the other side of stratego is blue and silver....Conquer Club Classic..ConfederateSS..out!!!!!!
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Serbia on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 pm

My wife (Tripitaka) showed me this Central Command shit when she was taking turns. I'm so glad I'm done playing games on this site. Keep improving things, and keep watching this site tank.

Fuck bigwham, and fuck this site.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby morleyjoe on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:05 am

Geger wrote:I do like the new design :D
But I miss this :
owenshooter wrote:i want to know WHEN i have to take my turn by, not only how much time remains...

Please, add it back!

This would be nice to fix this mess - I want to know WHEN also. Is this too much too ask? Or are we stuck with this....
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:49 am

DaGip wrote:
BoganGod wrote:

Blake? Was it blake?

You tickle my nuts. :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion