Conquer Club

A non sense situation

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

A non sense situation

Postby delta88 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Hello, I was just playing in a game, when finishing my turn I was making a move, the next thing I know the system tells me my move was invalid and my opponent and conquer 12 terts from me, then tried to forget about it and play my turn which I did not get a chance to do since it was my opponent's turn again, how does he get to play twice?, of course now he has a huge advantage from being equal in troops is now a sure lost, this is the game in question: https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16507045
Private delta88

Re: A non sense situation

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Is it a freestyle game?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:22 pm

IcePack wrote:Is it a freestyle game?

Yes
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby riskllama on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:05 pm

sounds similar to my first freestyle game... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 pm

riskllama wrote:sounds similar to my first freestyle game... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think that is how everyone's first freestyle game goes!!!-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:37 pm

delta88 wrote:Hello, I was just playing in a game, when finishing my turn I was making a move, the next thing I know the system tells me my move was invalid and my opponent and conquer 12 terts from me,

So, your move was invalid because while you were playing your opponent conquered territories from you, but he was "so fast" that you didn't see it, therefore your move became invalid. Totally normal though, happen all the time in freestyle game, try once to play a speed freestyle multiplayers ( yes they do still happen time to time) this is quite crazy how the game can change while you are thinking of a move.

delta88 wrote:then tried to forget about it and play my turn which I did not get a chance to do since it was my opponent's turn again, how does he get to play twice?, of course now he has a huge advantage from being equal in troops is now a sure lost,

He didn't play twice in a row.

From the log of the game

2016-04-13 18:21:50 - Strategy_master ended the turn and got spoils
2016-04-13 18:22:37 - delta88 ended the turn and got spoils
2016-04-13 18:22:37 - Incrementing game to round 7
2016-04-13 19:02:30 - Strategy_master got bonus of 5 troops added to Feudal Empire Castle

You finished your turn after him. So the player that play last ( = last player to finish his turn) cannot start right away. Everyone else ( if there is more than 2 player) can start as soon as the last player finished his turn.
So because you ended your turn 47 seconds after red, he was allowed to play again right after.

During a freestyle game all players can potentially play at the exact same time, which is what happened during your game. While you were playing, red was also playing. But then it's relatively important to finish your turn first if you are the 2 last players ( or the only players) so that you are able to start and not your opponent.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Donelladan wrote:
delta88 wrote:Hello, I was just playing in a game, when finishing my turn I was making a move, the next thing I know the system tells me my move was invalid and my opponent and conquer 12 terts from me,

So, your move was invalid because while you were playing your opponent conquered territories from you, but he was "so fast" that you didn't see it, therefore your move became invalid. Totally normal though, happen all the time in freestyle game, try once to play a speed freestyle multiplayers ( yes they do still happen time to time) this is quite crazy how the game can change while you are thinking of a move.

delta88 wrote:then tried to forget about it and play my turn which I did not get a chance to do since it was my opponent's turn again, how does he get to play twice?, of course now he has a huge advantage from being equal in troops is now a sure lost,

From the log of the game

2016-04-13 19:02:30 - Strategy_master got bonus of 5 troops added to Feudal Empire Castle

You finished your turn after him. So the player that play last ( = last player to finish his turn) cannot start right away. Everyone else ( if there is more than 2 player) can start as soon as the last player finished his turn.
So because you ended your turn 47 seconds after red, he was allowed to play again right after.

During a freestyle game all players can potentially play at the exact same time, which is what happened during your game. While you were playing, red was also playing. But then it's relatively important to finish your turn first if you are the 2 last players ( or the only players) so that you are able to start and not your opponent.

what a wonderfully thorough response. clear, concise, and absolutely spot on. here is a short tutorial video:

good luck...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BrutalBob on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:05 am

owenshooter wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

From the log of the game

what a wonderfully thorough response. clear, concise, and absolutely spot on. here is a short tutorial video:

good luck...-Jésus noir

I was thinking the same thing. Good on you Donelladan.

Dont these video posts violate some rule for pointlessness?
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 am

Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Return to Conquer Club Discussion