Conquer Club

Reflection: The Best Speed Freestyle Players We Have Seen

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Reflection: The Best Speed Freestyle Players We Have Seen

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:10 pm

*Sigh* It brings me great pain to realize that Speed Freestyle games are nowhere what they were several years ago. With only BR's and occasional 1v1's to look for speed freestyle action, one can't help but think: "Will Speed Freestyle ever return to the glory it once was?"

With this in mind, I want to start an actual relevant thread in General Discussion, about some of the best speed freestyle players we have seen on this site. They can be fairly old, or fairly new. *Note, this is referring to speed freestylers only. 24hr freestyle takes a different type of strategy to be successful at.*

Here are a few refresher topics to dwell on the past:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216357

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192473
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192747
Colonel Jdsizzleslice

Location: Former Tech Moderator :: High Score: General - 3801 :: Rank: 20
Medals: 104
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (4) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (11)
Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Re: Reflection: The Best Speed Freestyle Players We Have See

Postby xroads on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:55 pm

A few that come to mind

JD
NOS
Gabriel
RHP

Now some of that may of been who had better computers and internet to combat the lag of the time
Major xroads
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 113
Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (4) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Most Improved Gold (1) Most Improved Silver (1)
Most Improved Bronze (3) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (3) Tribe Achievement (3)

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:*Sigh* It brings me great pain to realize that Speed Freestyle games are nowhere what they were several years ago. With only BR's and occasional 1v1's to look for speed freestyle action, one can't help but think: "Will Speed Freestyle ever return to the glory it once was?"

no, no... i am told it was the xbox and PS4 that did it... not the rule changes that created a mass exodus, which is also apparently my imagination... CC spent so much time creating an amazing place for some many different types of people with different interests and then almost literally destroyed it overnight (forums, speed, foundry, etc...). applaud the new efforts to revive the site, but that seems to hinge on allowing bigotry/racism/anti-semitism which is in a hidden sub forum and one STICKED forum thread in the GD.

don't care what anyone says about rabiton, the dude kicked ass and crushed like 800 in a row. since that is your world, do you think changing the rule back would bring it back? i personally believe that all the concrete settings have ruined the overall gaming experience on the site. too many choices and games now take too long. people bitched and moaned and sought ways to almost ENSURE 100% win rates and to ELIMINATE a lot of the "luck factor"... fog, trench, stupid zombies and parachutes.. what is next? parachuting zombies? if you can't do it on the board game, you shouldn't be able to do it here.

anyway, what do you think would bring back speed freestyle games? there is already a big thread about that, which was ignored, i'll have to post the link in here when i get a chance...-Jn

p.s.-Pm coming your way (*snicker*)
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:44 pm

owenshooter wrote: personally believe that all the concrete settings have ruined the overall gaming experience on the site. too many choices and games now take too long. people bitched and moaned and sougyht ways to almost ENSURE 100% win rates and to ELIMINATE a lot of the "luck factor"... fog, trench, stupid zombies and parachutes.. what is next? parachuting zombies? if you can't do it on the board game, you shouldn't be able to do it here.

where did u pick up your RISK : Bamboo Jack Team/Polymorphic edition board game, owen? I usually look for it whenever I find myself in a toy store, but have yet to see it. eBay, perhaps? I assume it's a licensed Hasbro product... :lol:
nietzsche is awesome
Captain riskllama

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:*Sigh* It brings me great pain to realize that Speed Freestyle games are nowhere what they were several years ago. With only BR's and occasional 1v1's to look for speed freestyle action, one can't help but think: "Will Speed Freestyle ever return to the glory it once was?"

no, no... i am told it was the xbox and PS4 that did it... not the rule changes that created a mass exodus, which is also apparently my imagination... CC spent so much time creating an amazing place for some many different types of people with different interests and then almost literally destroyed it overnight (forums, speed, foundry, etc...). applaud the new efforts to revive the site, but that seems to hinge on allowing bigotry/racism/anti-semitism which is in a hidden sub forum and one STICKED forum thread in the GD.

don't care what anyone says about rabiton, the dude kicked ass and crushed like 800 in a row. since that is your world, do you think changing the rule back would bring it back? i personally believe that all the concrete settings have ruined the overall gaming experience on the site. too many choices and games now take too long. people bitched and moaned and sought ways to almost ENSURE 100% win rates and to ELIMINATE a lot of the "luck factor"... fog, trench, stupid zombies and parachutes.. what is next? parachuting zombies? if you can't do it on the board game, you shouldn't be able to do it here.

anyway, what do you think would bring back speed freestyle games? there is already a big thread about that, which was ignored, i'll have to post the link in here when i get a chance...-Jn

p.s.-Pm coming your way (*snicker*)

So you are saying rabbiton was one of the best speed freestyle players? Ok. Just took you a long time to say it though.

Getting speed games in general back would almost require that the site active users increases. More active members = more speed games. That's probably a given, but it seems it's the best way.

p.s.-I am waiting on your Pm 8-[
My List of favorite Quotes. Most directed toward me, but some are so good I can't help but post them:
Colonel Jdsizzleslice

Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (4) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (11)
Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Postby jleonnn on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

There were a lot of players I thought were really good speed freestylers... Some I can think of: thebest712, karelpietertje, pimphawks70, Beckytheblondie, KraphtOne, ljex

It's been years since I've played a speed game though... Good times :lol: Sad to hear the speed freestyle games are gone they were my favourite

On the topic of the site changing does anyone else not like the new game finder interface
General jleonnn

Medals: 55
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 pm

jleonnn wrote:There were a lot of players I thought were really good speed freestylers... Some I can think of: thebest712, karelpietertje, pimphawks70, Beckytheblondie, KraphtOne, ljex

It's been years since I've played a speed game though... Good times :lol: Sad to hear the speed freestyle games are gone they were my favourite

On the topic of the site changing does anyone else not like the new game finder interface

Personally, I don't care for the new interface. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the old one. :)
Colonel Jdsizzleslice

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:43 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Getting speed games in general back would almost require that the site active users increases. More active members = more speed games. That's probably a given, but it seems it's the best way.

p.s.-I am waiting on your Pm 8-[

the same can be said for the forums. however, i think the new regime is seeing how hard it is to revive something when a prior owner so actively and intentionally dismantled it. funny how the guy that cried the most for the rule change, blitzaholic and his clan cronies, because he could not ever again feasibly be conqueror, was busted as one of the sites biggest multis... EVER. the site thought it had just bent to accommodate and it ended up BREAKING. i think changing the rules back is key to a site revival. that and the elimination OR better sorting of maps, coupled with the elimination of the concrete settings that have turned this casual gaming site into an almost full time job for active members. the black jesus has spoken...-Jn
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Return to Conquer Club Discussion